Post: [US] Bioshock - Semi Save Set (NO DLC) - [BLUS30166]
02-20-2010, 12:46 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Allright here's some saves i made for Bioshock, the reason being that most of the saves out there are for the EU and/or DLC, and are hard to find for the US/NO DLC gemes, so enjoy, these are the trophies you can obtain:

Fully Researched Spider Splicer
Prolific Photographer
Maxed All Tracks
Became a Big Daddy
Fully Researched Bouncer
Complete Cohen's Masterpiece
Fully Researched Little Sister
Broke Fontain's Mind Control
Fully Researched Nitro Splicer
Irony
Research PhD

PLEASE +REP AND THANK

Links:

RAR: You must login or register to view this content.

ZIP: You must login or register to view this content.

The following 5 users say thank you to justlooking2 for this useful post:

(Alex), abadee119, ratt, Wipeouted
02-20-2010, 01:00 PM #2
Wipeouted
Do a barrel roll!
I tried and it worked! thank you very much!!!

The following user thanked Wipeouted for this useful post:

kaviars
02-20-2010, 01:45 PM #3
(Alex)
lvl1 ExtremelyTrustworthy
Nice It Help Alots Peoples But i Got The Platinum Already lol
02-20-2010, 07:30 PM #4
Wipeouted
Do a barrel roll!
And if you can please upload Defeated Andrew Ryan trophy.
02-21-2010, 09:52 AM #5
(Alex)
lvl1 ExtremelyTrustworthy
Originally posted by Wipeouted View Post
And if you can please upload Defeated Andrew Ryan trophy.

Hey Wipeouted What is Your Psn iD?
02-21-2010, 04:38 PM #6
Do I need to have a completed game for this to work?

If all I'm replacing is the mainsave.bsg files how am I going to be able to upload a file later on in the game with a later checkpoint if I'm using the first autosave?
02-21-2010, 06:21 PM #7
no you just need to have a saved game file on your PS3, it doesnt have to be completed, then you copy that file onto your USB Flashdrive and then open it on your computer,by going to:

PS3, SAVEDATA, BLUS30166-AUTOSAVE
MAINSAVE.BSG - this is the file that needs to be replaced, however since you want to be able to continue your game after you get the troohy, you need to make a backup of that origninal MAINSAVE.BSG file so put it somewhere where you can easily find it (Suggestion: Desktop),once you ge the trophy/trophies you can just replace the MAINSAVE.BSG with the backup you already made.
02-21-2010, 08:23 PM #8
Even after doing that the PS3 identifies the save as the first auto save location in the game attempts to load it. I then get data corrupted at about 50%.

I have no updates installed, no DLC, and am playing a US copy....BLUS 30166.

Here are the contents of my save file from the first auto save location in the game:
[img] https://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg301/Muthafodder/ScreenFirst.jpg?t=1266783719[/img]

Here are the contents of an auto save much later in the game:
[img] https://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg301/Muthafodder/ScreenAll.jpg?t=1266783718[/img]

Notice all the checkpoint files...how in the earth can I load a save much later in the game if all I'm replacing is the Mainsave.bsg file.....My file doesn't have the checkpoint files...and therefore tries to load the first auto save location.
Last edited by CowsGoMoo ; 02-21-2010 at 08:26 PM.
02-22-2010, 05:22 AM #9
First I want to mention that every time is save the game i do it manually ie. START then SAVE, and i don’t rely on AUTOSAVE, that said I tested your theory, and I didn’t have any corrupt date error message at all, and it loaded the game perfectly which was near THE END OF THE STORY, despite the fact that i just restarted it completely this is what i did:
I delete my saved game file from the PS3, then i started the game and as soon as you get to control the character (ie. When you rise to the surface) i saved it, then I transferred the data onto my USB and i opened it on my PC, once i opened it , the file list was as follows

DLCINFO.PKG
ICON0
MAINSAVE.BSG
PARAM
PARAM.SFO

Then I took my saved game from the end of the game and I replaced the MAINSAVE.BSG
Once done i copied this to the ps3 and i replace the old ie. Unaltered save that was on there, then i started the game and it loaded at the end of the story, as you can see i had no problem with loading the game, and no error /corrupt data message, perhaps yours is an isolated incident
02-22-2010, 04:26 PM #10
Originally posted by justlooking2 View Post
...that said I tested your theory, and I didn’t have any corrupt date error message at all, and it loaded the game perfectly which was near THE END OF THE STORY, despite the fact that i just restarted it...Then I took my saved game from the end of the game and I replaced the MAINSAVE.BSG
Once done i copied this to the ps3 and i replace the old ie. Unaltered save that was on there, then i started the game and it loaded at the end of the story, as you can see i had no problem with loading the game, and no error /corrupt data message, perhaps yours is an isolated incident

You didn't really recreate the manner in which I am doing it. I'd venture to say you can't do it with an autosave and with one of those *.chk files as that may direct the mainsave.bsg file with what location to load.

I'll try it tonight with a manual save right after the game starts.

If you wanted to prove/disprove anything you should try and recreate the hacked save with an autosave.

If it is confirmed that auto saves files won't work with the known method of replacing the mainsave.bsg files then it should be spelled out in the "guides" and a separation of US EU and other territorial locations.

Are these saves you made with all updates with 1.10 being the most recent?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo