Post: Sony begins issuing console bans to counter PSJailbreak users
09-06-2010, 07:32 AM #1
andnlou
Wizzkid
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sony begins issuing console bans to counter PSJailbreak users

Whilst Sony is pursuing its legal battle against Zoomba LDC in preventing the distribution of the recently released PSJailbreak modchip, today brings news from Moddingchip.com that the electronics giant has also begun to clamp down on the quantity of users already utilising its capabilities.

The modchip allows users to bypass the PlayStation 3's copy protection and play retail games that have been installed directly to the console's hard drive.

Reports are beginning to surface across the internet that those using the modchip are being hit by the Error Code 8002A227 - a direct console ban that prevents all access to PlayStation Network.

Whilst the same Error Code is regularly used by Sony to temporarily ban users that violate the terms of usage for the online service, for periods up to a couple of months, it is believed that those will be receiving a permanent ban.

Such news will be welcomed by the gaming industry, that still remains to be threatened by the underhand nature of piracy.

UPDATE: A little investigation has revealed that the image provided by Moddingchip.com has been previously used on the Official US PlayStation Community forums, and already deemed to be a fake. However, Sony has said that it can identify those using PSJailbreak, and may seek to perform console bans in the future. You have been warned!
09-06-2010, 07:33 AM #2
stop posting this shit everbody spams this gay shit its fake its been proven fake
09-06-2010, 05:08 PM #3
andnlou
Wizzkid
its only news so stop crying
09-06-2010, 05:10 PM #4
ZoneHD
Shiver do you lift?
Thats why i can buy 2 ps3s Smile
09-06-2010, 11:11 PM #5
tylerthegr8
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by MannyCalavera16 View Post
Haha I hope you all get banned from PSN, no more hacking for you! This site is a ****ing disgrace to gaming Cool Man (aka Tustin)

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Also you ****ing retard, your sig is way too oversized! If you weren't so incompetent perhaps you could realize something so obvious

please GTFO & go lay down in the road with a gray blanket =D
09-06-2010, 11:17 PM #6
Originally posted by tylerthegr8 View Post
please GTFO & go lay down in the road with a gray blanket =D

In fire a die.

Rearrange as appropriate.
09-06-2010, 11:19 PM #7
tylerthegr8
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by MannyCalavera16 View Post
Nice trophy list dumb****- I especially like the FUEL and SOCOM plats :bro:

why thank you so much Cool Man (aka Tustin)
now as i said please GEE TEE EFF OHH & make sure the door hits u on the way out Claps
09-06-2010, 11:36 PM #8
elite-gamer
Bounty hunter
go sony .....
09-07-2010, 07:47 AM #9
andnlou
Wizzkid
close this thread now pls
09-07-2010, 11:20 PM #10
scarene1
I defeated!
way to go sony!