07-03-2012, 04:47 PM #1
WASTEDFREEDOM
WastedWorldWide on Youtube
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

first off let me start by saying that it isn't aimed to flame anybody at all, so don't go mad groaning this although i'm sure many of you might.

I would just like to hear peoples views on free trophy services because i believe that they Shouldn't be allowed publically

what i mean:

people are advertising free platinums and it is taking business away from alot of platinum sellers such as myself.

here is an example of a free plat service that will almost completely destroy a members income.

Free service
You must login or register to view this content.

Soon to be destroyed service
You must login or register to view this content.

im sure many of you will agree that this isn't fair to the sellers, it takes money away from them, and if it is a major income for them, could cause bigger problems.

Solution:

Close the Free plat threads - make users put them in their own trophy shops so then everyone can have a fair shot at making money :fa:
Make a new Rule - Free platinums can only be sold privately from users, not publicized in threads for rep gain.

if a member wants to offer free platinums they should do it in their own stores to keep selling fair. Smile

comment below if you agree in removing the free threads from public eye to help trophy shops..

Please keep it fair. Keep it ngu :y:
Last edited by WASTEDFREEDOM ; 07-03-2012 at 04:53 PM.

The following 18 users say thank you to WASTEDFREEDOM for this useful post:

DEREKTROTTER, DonGiuliiano, Elk, game2nice, Lunieizsicc, MysticDragon, NeOn-_-DaRkNeZz, NotPoorlyTimmy, Richard., Smexeh, Smokin420, TrytoYOLO, Wartortle, werdgawd, X-_-LaUrBa-_-X, Meeky, xKing04zZ, xLew--

The following user groaned WASTEDFREEDOM for this awful post:

jedt
07-04-2012, 08:48 AM #11
I want my free plats! Happy
07-04-2012, 08:52 AM #12
Default Avatar
Cammy
Sad to say I don't agree, it's really up to the person providing them.. If they want to give them away for free, why shouldn't they be allowed too? They earned them, they can do as they wish with them. Just my opinion :p

The following user thanked Cammy for this useful post:

Vengeance
07-04-2012, 11:21 AM #13
WASTEDFREEDOM
Originally posted by Cammmmy View Post
Sad to say I don't agree, it's really up to the person providing them.. If they want to give them away for free, why shouldn't they be allowed too? They earned them, they can do as they wish with them. Just my opinion

i know but making threads especially for that takes business away from users in the example i gave plus its an easy way to gain alot of rep/ref's. People that ave done it don't really have a legit rep. but the main reason is that it takes business away from other members. if they offer it for free, they should be able to just offer it in their own trophy shops. THEN everyone has a fair chance at selling platinums. ^^
07-05-2012, 03:44 AM #14
Smokin420
Used2B Kelston813
Originally posted by WASTEDFREEDOM View Post

what i mean:

:y:

Although these are always instant plats in question, I would totally have to agree. Not beause us regular sellers are losing money, but it is a part of it. The main thing is, we have to research good games that will sell well. Eg. just about the only game I ever get requests for is called Rugby Challenge which was extremely hard, rare game. Without games like these people selling only instants will have no chance at making sales.

The following user thanked Smokin420 for this useful post:

WASTEDFREEDOM
07-05-2012, 03:55 AM #15
i fully agree with this
07-05-2012, 04:05 PM #16
i know but making threads especially for that takes business away from users in the example i gave plus its an easy way to gain alot of rep/ref's. People that ave done it don't really have a legit rep. but the main reason is that it takes business away from other members. if they offer it for free, they should be able to just offer it in their own trophy shops. THEN everyone has a fair chance at selling platinums. ^^

Yeah but that's just business, if someone can do something for cheaper than you or free then too bad for you. Also, it's perfectly legit rep they are taking the time to resign saves, unlock the trophies, sign and sync on your account. Although honestly I don't see where rep would make any difference to anyone, it doesn't do anything nor is it worth anything. Putting free trophies in a users Trophy Shops just makes things more complicated and would arguably make little difference for people selling the trophies as well.
07-05-2012, 06:23 PM #17
WASTEDFREEDOM
Originally posted by Batjoke View Post
Yeah but that's just business, if someone can do something for cheaper than you or free then too bad for you.

if you read it i said i have no problems with free plats being given, but they should have to do it in their own store so then they're not boosting rep and everyone has a fair shot at selling. that is totally fair on everyone then,
07-05-2012, 08:43 PM #18
if you read it i said i have no problems with free plats being given, but they should have to do it in their own store so then they're not boosting rep and everyone has a fair shot at selling. that is totally fair on everyone then,

Think of it this way, if Store #1 has a sale on a DVD for $4.99 and Store #2 has it at a regular price of $9.99 it's entirely Store #1's right to sell the DVD at that price and even advertise it out the ass if they want. Will Store #1 get some of Store 2#'s sales? Sure. But you know what it's ENTIRELY fair because Store #1 is making less profit per DVD sold (even if a higher number of DVD's are sold to make up for that loss in profit). Just like how let's say someone is doing a RAGE platinum and someone else decides they'll do it for free, well it's entirely there right because they are selling them for nothing and are getting nothing, which according to your store is $10 less than what you make off a RAGE platinum. It's a little something called competitive advantage. What you want to do is suppress the other business because it costs you profit even though those businesses deserve to be around and as front and center as you do. I assure you to try to suppress them because they cost you profit would not make it "totally fair on everyone". Also stop acting like rep is this huge deal in the matter, it's not, rep is entirely useless and I feel sorry for anyone who would try to pull some sort of stunt to get it. Lastly, it's not like this is an epidemic most of these guys giving away free plats only do it for a day or too then close down their shops because demand is too high and they aren't getting anything out of it (Once again rep is useless so don't bring that into the conversation) so if you waited a few days you could reap precious profit again.
07-05-2012, 09:12 PM #19
WASTEDFREEDOM
Originally posted by Batjoke View Post
rep is entirely useless

its a form of rep boost - against ngu rules.

plus there is nothing wrong with my idea all sellers agree even those giving free services.

The following user thanked WASTEDFREEDOM for this useful post:

Smokin420

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo