08-26-2015, 05:51 PM #1
Vaibhav Singh
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, I'm posting the saves for Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty. The game is full of glitches so the saves may or may not work on all systems. Use the saves while offline as people have found that they work offline. If a save isn't working, then try to replay chapter. If it still doesn't work, your best bet is to use the previous numbered save and continue the game from there (it'll atleast save some time). You can contribute to the saveset and i'll input your saves in the OP.
Quote from 'diswod' - I found with some of them loading game and then closing the game and loading again worked for some reason.

Saveset - You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content. - Thanks to The_Gazra

You must login or register to view this content. - Act Of Odd Save - Thanks to SHAKA

You must login or register to view this content. - NEW 'n' HASTY and Valve Time

You must login or register to view this content. - Escape Fartist & Still Life

You must login or register to view this content. - Mudoken Pop

; "Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty"
[NPUB31414/NPEB01929]
;disc_hash_key=
secure_file_id:*=8F975177385CA49D7D316ABC96370620
Last edited by Vaibhav Singh ; 07-31-2016 at 05:51 PM.

The following 24 users say thank you to Vaibhav Singh for this useful post:

19willy74, anon2010, beebee, Bigmac6097, bitterkeit, clever21, Dannyman, deavil, DiFool, Grave1, hess47, Hitman 47, john connor 84, justeve, Mobstercrew, Pferd, playdude28, SHAkA, shanka, SMITH_uk85, The_Gazra, thebestplayer, Tom2795, Westers
08-07-2016, 10:32 PM #83
xenomage
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Matin View Post
So I've been playing this game and (yes, it's buggy) and my console hand and save file became corrupted.
I started downloading your saves to find one that I can start off somewhere near the place I have finished (just before Paramonian temple) to do not miss the story.
I have downloaded Shaka's saveset and New'n'tasty save set (as far as I remember they had 2 and 3 save slots taken) so I could pick which one I wanted.
Occasionally choosing one save e.g. slot 3 poped up with the message saying it's corrupted and going to be deleted - this is probably due to the fact I kept my Data Slot save on my PS3 which console for some reason didn't replace when I was copying the saves from USB (Fill resign and changing region to EU if I had to do it - Shaka's save is in EU already but that didn't work either).

Anyway, None of the saves made ANY TROPHY TO POP, One of the saves gave me chapter select (actually most of them do) so I loaded it up to get Shrykull Awakened (Acquire the power of Shrykull) and that didn't pop either!
The only trophy that poped was Rockin' Mudokon (Kill a bat with a rock) when I loaded one of the saves on the beginning of the game.
Even Act of Odd (Kill 99 Mudokon slaves) didn't unlock when it clearly said on the board that I have killed 100 Mudokons.

So, there's my theory:
Since there is 3 data-saves, one for in-game settings, one for save slots and one for game progression - there are all working together (that's why I had error popping up when loading with my data slot, but - not for all of them).
Once any event is passed, no matter on which save slot, it cannot be "re-triggered" by simply loading another save or choosing chapter select if the game already registered this has been done already, and was written to other save game data or slot (unfortunately I don't know which one).
I presume the New'n'hasty trophy would pop as this event takes place at the end of the game and if it wasn't triggered on other save slot it would most likely work.
Same about the Rockin' Mudokon trophy which user have had never triggered this before that's why it unlocked for me (that would need to be confirmed by the creator of the save).

Now, there's the question for you guys, first of all, for those who have tested the saves, do you share my opinion? what do you think?
Secondly, do you think there is a way to "cheat" the console into thinking that no events have been triggered by e.g. creating clean save then swapping only slot save?

I now have enough of testing (online and offline) and started a new game today, and I have reached Zulag 1 already with 10 trophies unlocking just by playing the game.
Please share your opinions and findings, I'm really interested what's going on...

are you resigning the saves properly?
08-08-2016, 10:34 AM #84
Vaibhav Singh
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Matin View Post
So I've been playing this game and (yes, it's buggy) and my console hand and save file became corrupted.
I started downloading your saves to find one that I can start off somewhere near the place I have finished (just before Paramonian temple) to do not miss the story.
I have downloaded Shaka's saveset and New'n'tasty save set (as far as I remember they had 2 and 3 save slots taken) so I could pick which one I wanted.
Occasionally choosing one save e.g. slot 3 poped up with the message saying it's corrupted and going to be deleted - this is probably due to the fact I kept my Data Slot save on my PS3 which console for some reason didn't replace when I was copying the saves from USB (Fill resign and changing region to EU if I had to do it - Shaka's save is in EU already but that didn't work either).

Anyway, None of the saves made ANY TROPHY TO POP, One of the saves gave me chapter select (actually most of them do) so I loaded it up to get Shrykull Awakened (Acquire the power of Shrykull) and that didn't pop either!
The only trophy that poped was Rockin' Mudokon (Kill a bat with a rock) when I loaded one of the saves on the beginning of the game.
Even Act of Odd (Kill 99 Mudokon slaves) didn't unlock when it clearly said on the board that I have killed 100 Mudokons.

So, there's my theory:
Since there is 3 data-saves, one for in-game settings, one for save slots and one for game progression - there are all working together (that's why I had error popping up when loading with my data slot, but - not for all of them).
Once any event is passed, no matter on which save slot, it cannot be "re-triggered" by simply loading another save or choosing chapter select if the game already registered this has been done already, and was written to other save game data or slot (unfortunately I don't know which one).
I presume the New'n'hasty trophy would pop as this event takes place at the end of the game and if it wasn't triggered on other save slot it would most likely work.
Same about the Rockin' Mudokon trophy which user have had never triggered this before that's why it unlocked for me (that would need to be confirmed by the creator of the save).

Now, there's the question for you guys, first of all, for those who have tested the saves, do you share my opinion? what do you think?
Secondly, do you think there is a way to "cheat" the console into thinking that no events have been triggered by e.g. creating clean save then swapping only slot save?

I now have enough of testing (online and offline) and started a new game today, and I have reached Zulag 1 already with 10 trophies unlocking just by playing the game.
Please share your opinions and findings, I'm really interested what's going on...

The problem with this game is its quite buggy. I made the saves before the triggering point just so that no one has problems but it still got problems. Even i had to do two playthroughs cuz 2 trophies didnt pop for me (Shrykull Awakened being one of them). Some users have said that the saves worked for them after multiple tries so its worth a look. One save that i'm 100% sure will work is NEW n HASTY. Many have reported that it works. So your best option is to play the game normally obtaining other trophies and using this save for NEW n HASTY since its the hardest trophy besides STILL LIFE.
08-08-2016, 05:30 PM #85
Sick_Matin
Save Point
Thanks Vaibhav, Since New'n'hasty have been reported as working this is exactly what I thought I can do once I obtain all the other trophies myself. What my concern is, is that the trophies are unlocking just fine when I play "the normal way"... Weird, really weird...
08-14-2016, 11:42 AM #86
dasima
Bounty hunter
trophy New'n'hasty didnt work i try 10 times and nothing
08-14-2016, 02:16 PM #87
Vaibhav Singh
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by dasima View Post
trophy New'n'hasty didnt work i try 10 times and nothing

Did the game load on last level? You just need to finish last level within 3 min I think and it should pop. But if it doesn't, it may be due to the buggy nature of the game and you'll have to do that trophy yourself regrettably.

Also mentioned in post #52 - that New n Hasty unlocked by turning off wifi settings on PS3. you can try that too. Overall, check some earlier posts and it may have a workaround to get the save working.
Last edited by Vaibhav Singh ; 08-14-2016 at 02:23 PM.
08-14-2016, 02:26 PM #88
dasima
Bounty hunter
yes game load last level i finish game but no trophy
08-14-2016, 03:09 PM #89
Vaibhav Singh
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by dasima View Post
yes game load last level i finish game but no trophy

hmm... try disabling internet from network settings and try again. That's about as much i can help. Sorry
08-14-2016, 04:14 PM #90
dasima
Bounty hunter
i turn off internet try again nothing pops
09-22-2016, 08:12 PM #91
zirex
Haxor!
Hi guys! Does not work "No Place Like Home" :rolling:
Maybe there is a solution ?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo