02-01-2011, 04:48 PM #1
Thanitos
Vault dweller
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); It's suppose to be a 180kb file I think, when I download it I get a 174~ kb file. When I try to install it onto my ps3 it just gives me a corrupt data error. Why is this?
02-01-2011, 05:00 PM #2
IL--U--IK--IE
At least I can fight
When you put the update on your PS3 from a flash drive, you must make folders like this.
PS3 > UPDATE > PS3UPDAT.PUP (place the this file in the UPDATE folder)

The folder names must be capitalized

I downloaded the Official Firmware from Sony's website, and the file size was 176.03 mb.

Here is where you can get the official 3.56 firmware + a step by step tutorial on how to install it:
You must login or register to view this content.
02-01-2011, 05:02 PM #3
Thanitos
Vault dweller
Originally posted by IE View Post
When you put the update on your PS3 from a flash drive, you must make folders like this.
PS3 > UPDATE > PS3UPDAT.PUP (place the this file in the UPDATE folder)

The folder names must be capitalized

I downloaded the Official Firmware from Sony's website, and the file size was 176.03 mb.

Here is where you can get the official 3.56 firmware + a step by step tutorial on how to install it:
You must login or register to view this content.

Ty for the answer, I know what the folders need to be like, it just tells me the data is corrupted, so its looking at the right place, but the file just wont work, the file size I have is 180,254 now lol.
02-01-2011, 05:07 PM #4
IL--U--IK--IE
At least I can fight
Originally posted by Thanitos View Post
Ty for the answer, I know what the folders need to be like, it just tells me the data is corrupted, so its looking at the right place, but the file just wont work, the file size I have is 180,254 now lol.

That's weird.. Where are you getting the 3.56 OFW from?
If I were you, I would just download it from Sony's website, create all new folders and then try.

Make sure when you take the usb stick out of your computer that you "safely remove hardware" to eliminate data corruption.

That may be the problem.
02-01-2011, 05:08 PM #5
Thanitos
Vault dweller
That's weird.. Where are you getting the 3.56 OFW from?
If I were you, I would just download it from Sony's website, create all new folders and then try.

Make sure when you take the usb stick out of your computer that you "safely remove hardware" to eliminate data corruption.

That may be the problem.

It is from sonys' official US website. I even re downloaded it (4 times now) and cleaned my usb and reformatted that to fat32.
02-01-2011, 05:17 PM #6
IL--U--IK--IE
At least I can fight
It is from sonys' official US website. I even re downloaded it (4 times now) and cleaned my usb and reformatted that to fat32.

Maybe you have a bad usb, ha I don't know what else to tell you. Can you just download the 3.56 directly from your PlayStation? (System Settings > System Update)

Is there a reason you have to download via usb?
02-01-2011, 05:18 PM #7
Thanitos
Vault dweller
Maybe you have a bad usb, ha I don't know what else to tell you. Can you just download the 3.56 directly from your PlayStation? (System Settings > System Update)

Is there a reason you have to download via usb?

Reformated my HDD, nope tried two usbs.
02-01-2011, 05:21 PM #8
Sony strikes again!

:dingding:
02-01-2011, 05:22 PM #9
IL--U--IK--IE
At least I can fight
Reformated my HDD, nope tried two usbs.

So by reformatting your HDD, you can't update via the console?

I would call Sony. That's my advice, ha.

The following user thanked IL--U--IK--IE for this useful post:

Thanitos
02-01-2011, 05:24 PM #10
Thanitos
Vault dweller
So by reformatting your HDD, you can't update via the console?

I would call Sony. That's my advice, ha.

I think I have a hunch on what to do... Thanks for the help

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo