02-28-2011, 11:51 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Everybody online says that the problem I'm having is a GFX Card burnout which is un-repairable without proper replacement. The problem is: the display freezes though the system maintains a normal running process. On the screen it is either black if it froze right away or shows the "grey swirl" unique to the ps3 coming from the right side of the screen, the worst part of it all is the white dots in either a horizontal and vertical pattern filling up the whole screen or just a few spots.

On friday night it would only freeze though it still seemed to run.

Saturday it started showing very few dots nearly at an hourly schedule.

Sunday it was totally ****ed. If I could use the system for longer than 5 minutes I would be on cloud nine... let's just say I never reached that point.

I know how to purchase, what to purchase, and how to install it I just need to know if it is PRECISELY a GFX card problem not a simple blu-ray laser problem or something.

For all you super-tech guys this is the exact card: CXD2991BGB GPU RSX Reality synthesizer for PS3 by NVIDIA

Thanks
-Peyton121
03-01-2011, 03:57 AM #2
Originally posted by Peyton121. View Post
Everybody online says that the problem I'm having is a GFX Card burnout which is un-repairable without proper replacement. The problem is: the display freezes though the system maintains a normal running process. On the screen it is either black if it froze right away or shows the "grey swirl" unique to the ps3 coming from the right side of the screen, the worst part of it all is the white dots in either a horizontal and vertical pattern filling up the whole screen or just a few spots.

On friday night it would only freeze though it still seemed to run.

Saturday it started showing very few dots nearly at an hourly schedule.

Sunday it was totally ****ed. If I could use the system for longer than 5 minutes I would be on cloud nine... let's just say I never reached that point.

I know how to purchase, what to purchase, and how to install it I just need to know if it is PRECISELY a GFX card problem not a simple blu-ray laser problem or something.

For all you super-tech guys this is the exact card: CXD2991BGB GPU RSX Reality synthesizer for PS3 by NVIDIA

Thanks
-Peyton121

i had this issue before and it was my graphics card sony fixed it for free but also are you running a hdmi cable if you are then try removing it and running norm componet cables if this doesnt fix it its ur card
03-01-2011, 01:23 PM #3
Originally posted by travisf22 View Post
i had this issue before and it was my graphics card sony fixed it for free but also are you running a hdmi cable if you are then try removing it and running norm componet cables if this doesnt fix it its ur card

no HdMI so it's definitely the card. Were you on warranty for repair?
03-01-2011, 02:47 PM #4
No HdMI so it's definitely the card. Were you on warranty for repair? :hitman:
03-01-2011, 04:22 PM #5
i was on wananty idk what they would charge if your out of waranty
03-03-2011, 12:19 AM #6
I'm out of warranty so it will be bout 160 so Imma just but one as I can easily install it...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo