Post: GTA 4 "installing data to hard disk drive" problem +210 *** for solution
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well, pretty much every time I try to run GTA IV I get stuck on the loading screen and it says "Installing data to hard disk drive" with a loading bar, but the bar doesn't go anywhere. I've let it sit for hours and it just sits at 0%. Does anyone have an idea why this might be occuring? As said in the title, +210 reputation for a VALID solution. This is on PS3 by the way.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Omniplasma for this useful post:

FatalHackz
04-05-2011, 01:41 AM #11
Originally posted by jonnyman69 View Post
did you try installing it without having the patch installed?

also do you have a hacked ps3? i could copy my files for you

I only have 1 ps3 and it's all on the latest firmware, I never bothered after they patched it. I'll try installing it without the patch now
04-05-2011, 01:42 AM #12
jonnyman69
Nate Haskall
Originally posted by Omniplasma View Post
I only have 1 ps3 and it's all on the latest firmware, I never bothered after they patched it. I'll try installing it without the patch now

aiight let me know how it goes
04-05-2011, 01:45 AM #13
aiight let me know how it goes

No luck, still doesn't do anything. I had it backed up back when CFW wasn't patched but the backup never worked, but it worked off the disk. That's why I'm thinking about formatting cuz maybe something's ****ed up from the backup
04-05-2011, 01:47 AM #14
jonnyman69
Nate Haskall
No luck, still doesn't do anything. I had it backed up back when CFW wasn't patched but the backup never worked, but it worked off the disk. That's why I'm thinking about formatting cuz maybe something's ****ed up from the backup

thats possible i suppose, what are you gonna do to back up the saves and stuff you will lose?
04-05-2011, 01:49 AM #15
thats possible i suppose, what are you gonna do to back up the saves and stuff you will lose?

I'm probably just gonna bite the bullet and format and lose them. I really don't play PS3 much at all. I might just sell some games and get GTA4 for xbox. I repped you for trying to help me though Smile
04-05-2011, 01:51 AM #16
jonnyman69
Nate Haskall
I'm probably just gonna bite the bullet and format and lose them. I really don't play PS3 much at all. I might just sell some games and get GTA4 for xbox. I repped you for trying to help me though Smile

thanks aha Smile, umm that is a good idea, id get the complete edition though that way you get the dlcs too. i liked gta 4 better for my xbox when i had it.
04-05-2011, 01:54 AM #17
thanks aha Smile, umm that is a good idea, id get the complete edition though that way you get the dlcs too. i liked gta 4 better for my xbox when i had it.

Yeah I was thinking about getting the complete edition, I had ballad of gay tony on ps3 but I can't play it anymore :FU:

The following user thanked Omniplasma for this useful post:

jonnyman69
04-05-2011, 01:56 AM #18
jonnyman69
Nate Haskall
Yeah I was thinking about getting the complete edition, I had ballad of gay tony on ps3 but I can't play it anymore :FU:

aha i bought the gta liberty city stories game after i had gta 4 on xbox and i never liked ballad of gay tony as much as lost and the damned, then when i got my ps3 i only bought lost and damned off psn.

thank you though, you reminded me that i want to play lost and damned Smile
04-05-2011, 04:43 PM #19
Well, pretty much every time I try to run GTA IV I get stuck on the loading screen and it says "Installing data to hard disk drive" with a loading bar, but the bar doesn't go anywhere. I've let it sit for hours and it just sits at 0%. Does anyone have an idea why this might be occuring? As said in the title, +210 reputation for a VALID solution. This is on PS3 by the way.

You must login or register to view this content.

did you modded the .img file?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo