Post: GTA 4 "installing data to hard disk drive" problem +210 *** for solution
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well, pretty much every time I try to run GTA IV I get stuck on the loading screen and it says "Installing data to hard disk drive" with a loading bar, but the bar doesn't go anywhere. I've let it sit for hours and it just sits at 0%. Does anyone have an idea why this might be occuring? As said in the title, +210 reputation for a VALID solution. This is on PS3 by the way.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Omniplasma for this useful post:

FatalHackz
04-05-2011, 05:39 PM #20
Night Wolf
Rescue Me
Originally posted by Omniplasma View Post
Well, pretty much every time I try to run GTA IV I get stuck on the loading screen and it says "Installing data to hard disk drive" with a loading bar, but the bar doesn't go anywhere. I've let it sit for hours and it just sits at 0%. Does anyone have an idea why this might be occuring? As said in the title, +210 reputation for a VALID solution. This is on PS3 by the way.

Is this the first time you have used this disc? I had the same problem and I had to return the game. I called Sony and talked to geek squad at best buy and they said that it is an error on the disc not my PS3.
04-05-2011, 06:09 PM #21
Mr cake man
Climbing up the ladder
Well, pretty much every time I try to run GTA IV I get stuck on the loading screen and it says "Installing data to hard disk drive" with a loading bar, but the bar doesn't go anywhere. I've let it sit for hours and it just sits at 0%. Does anyone have an idea why this might be occuring? As said in the title, +210 reputation for a VALID solution. This is on PS3 by the way.

I had the same problem so I took it back and got the complete edition for £25 and it installed off that one :bro:
04-05-2011, 06:14 PM #22
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
Originally posted by hunter12 View Post
Don't format, its a bug within the game. Are you using MultiMan?
Thats what im using and at the same time these bugs started happening.... - _-

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHHH your on the latest firmware. AHAHA my bad uh dude try rebuilding the database. i misread this whole thread rofl

There a tutorial on how to run the game w/the latest update for hacks. I'll try and find it if you want? It worked for me couple months ago
04-05-2011, 06:34 PM #23
hunter12
Retired, done with gaming
Originally posted by Juddy View Post
There a tutorial on how to run the game w/the latest update for hacks. I'll try and find it if you want? It worked for me couple months ago

that would be awesome, i want to use some map mods online :embarrassed:
04-05-2011, 06:50 PM #24
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
that would be awesome, i want to use some map mods online :embarrassed:

There you go was only on the 2nd page lol

Oh wait thats bypassed..
Last edited by juddylovespizza ; 04-05-2011 at 06:53 PM.
04-05-2011, 07:17 PM #25
hunter12
Originally posted by Juddy View Post
There you go was only on the 2nd page lol

Oh wait thats bypassed..

yeah i was doing that in september lol
what i need is the debug update (been removed) i think theres a checksum on the files in the rpf.
04-05-2011, 07:21 PM #26
ZoneHD
Shiver do you lift?
No luck, still doesn't do anything. I had it backed up back when CFW wasn't patched but the backup never worked, but it worked off the disk. That's why I'm thinking about formatting cuz maybe something's ****ed up from the backup

IF you backed it up before, then you gotta format, Since its already been backed up, then it cant back it up and it just stays there.

Hope i helped you man!

Only way is formating.
04-05-2011, 07:38 PM #27
hunter12
Originally posted by ZoneHD View Post
IF you backed it up before, then you gotta format, Since its already been backed up, then it cant back it up and it just stays there.

Hope i helped you man!

Only way is formating.

he is playing from the disk. Im almost positive rebuilding the database will fix this.
04-05-2011, 07:39 PM #28
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
yeah i was doing that in september lol
what i need is the debug update (been removed) i think theres a checksum on the files in the rpf.

yeah but debug would act the same as bypassed though

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo