Post: GTA 4 "installing data to hard disk drive" problem +210 *** for solution
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well, pretty much every time I try to run GTA IV I get stuck on the loading screen and it says "Installing data to hard disk drive" with a loading bar, but the bar doesn't go anywhere. I've let it sit for hours and it just sits at 0%. Does anyone have an idea why this might be occuring? As said in the title, +210 reputation for a VALID solution. This is on PS3 by the way.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Omniplasma for this useful post:

FatalHackz
04-05-2011, 01:24 AM #2
hunter12
Retired, done with gaming
Originally posted by Omniplasma View Post
Well, pretty much every time I try to run GTA IV I get stuck on the loading screen and it says "Installing data to hard disk drive" with a loading bar, but the bar doesn't go anywhere. I've let it sit for hours and it just sits at 0%. Does anyone have an idea why this might be occuring? As said in the title, +210 reputation for a VALID solution. This is on PS3 by the way.

This is crazy dude because i am having the same exact ****ing problem. I backed it up way back in september or whenever the jailbreak was released using Backup Manager. I know if you dont have any updates it will work (pointless!) but i need the update (to play online!) i am trying an original backup manager besides OBM i will post the results after this installs (bout 7 hours with these speeds :| )
04-05-2011, 01:26 AM #3
jonnyman69
Nate Haskall
Well, pretty much every time I try to run GTA IV I get stuck on the loading screen and it says "Installing data to hard disk drive" with a loading bar, but the bar doesn't go anywhere. I've let it sit for hours and it just sits at 0%. Does anyone have an idea why this might be occuring? As said in the title, +210 reputation for a VALID solution. This is on PS3 by the way.

do you have the newest patch installed? that happend to me when i had the newest patch installed and i tryed running hacks. i deleted the patch and that came back loaded quicker then you can snap and ran fine after that.
04-05-2011, 01:28 AM #4
Originally posted by hunter12 View Post
This is crazy dude because i am having the same exact ****ing problem. I backed it up way back in september or whenever the jailbreak was released using Backup Manager. I know if you dont have any updates it will work (pointless!) but i need the update (to play online!) i am trying an original backup manager besides OBM i will post the results after this installs (bout 7 hours with these speeds :| )

I'm on the latest firmware, and I've deleted and re-downloaded the GTA update a few times but still no luck. I'm considering formatting my hard drive, but then I'd have to sacrifice all my gameshared DLC lol.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Originally posted by jonnyman69 View Post
do you have the newest patch installed? that happend to me when i had the newest patch installed and i tryed running hacks. i deleted the patch and that came back loaded quicker then you can snap and ran fine after that.

Yeah everything on the ps3 is up-to-date.
04-05-2011, 01:30 AM #5
jonnyman69
Nate Haskall
I'm on the latest firmware, and I've deleted and re-downloaded the GTA update a few times but still no luck. I'm considering formatting my hard drive, but then I'd have to sacrifice all my gameshared DLC lol.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

are you trying to run modded gta 4? or just a legit backup?
04-05-2011, 01:31 AM #6
hunter12
Retired, done with gaming

Don't format, its a bug within the game. Are you using MultiMan?
Thats what im using and at the same time these bugs started happening.... - _-

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHHH your on the latest firmware. AHAHA my bad uh dude try rebuilding the database. i misread this whole thread rofl
04-05-2011, 01:32 AM #7
are you trying to run modded gta 4? or just a legit backup?

I'm trying to run it with the disk.. I have the actual game and it won't get past that loading screen.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Originally posted by hunter12 View Post
Don't format, its a bug within the game. Are you using MultiMan?
Thats what im using and at the same time these bugs started happening.... - _-

I'm trying to run it off the actual disk -___-
04-05-2011, 01:34 AM #8
jonnyman69
Nate Haskall
I'm trying to run it with the disk.. I have the actual game and it won't get past that loading screen.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

I'm trying to run it off the actual disk -___-

i think if you delete your patch, load the game and try to install the hd data it should work and then download the patch on top of it. unless you've tryed that, i had this problem with my disc one time to and thats what fixed mine.
04-05-2011, 01:37 AM #9
i think if you delete your patch, load the game and try to install the hd data it should work and then download the patch on top of it. unless you've tryed that, i had this problem with my disc one time to and thats what fixed mine.

I've tried deleting the patch and re-downloading it, it still does the same thing >.< I'm gonna try again now
04-05-2011, 01:39 AM #10
jonnyman69
Nate Haskall
I've tried deleting the patch and re-downloading it, it still does the same thing >.< I'm gonna try again now

did you try installing it without having the patch installed?

also do you have a hacked ps3? i could copy my files for you

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo