Post: GTA 4 "installing data to hard disk drive" problem +210 *** for solution
04-04-2011, 09:42 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well, pretty much every time I try to run GTA IV I get stuck on the loading screen and it says "Installing data to hard disk drive" with a loading bar, but the bar doesn't go anywhere. I've let it sit for hours and it just sits at 0%. Does anyone have an idea why this might be occuring? As said in the title, +210 reputation for a VALID solution. This is on PS3 by the way.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked Omniplasma for this useful post:

FatalHackz
04-05-2011, 08:21 PM #29
Originally posted by Night
Is this the first time you have used this disc? I had the same problem and I had to return the game. I called Sony and talked to geek squad at best buy and they said that it is an error on the disc not my PS3.

No it's worked for a few years up until now. It even worked when I had the backup on my system, but now it doesn't.
04-05-2011, 08:23 PM #30
Night Wolf
Rescue Me
Originally posted by Omniplasma View Post
No it's worked for a few years up until now. It even worked when I had the backup on my system, but now it doesn't.

You could always borrow another disc from a friend or rent one just to see if it is the disc. In this scenario the only option is a rebuild.
04-05-2011, 08:35 PM #31
Originally posted by Night
You could always borrow another disc from a friend or rent one just to see if it is the disc. In this scenario the only option is a rebuild.

I'll take it out on gamefly and see if that disk works. If not then I'm just gonna sell my ps3 copy and buy it for xbox :p

The following user thanked Omniplasma for this useful post:

Night Wolf
04-05-2011, 10:04 PM #32
Tha_Cartel
Little One
Originally posted by hunter12 View Post
Don't format, its a bug within the game. Are you using MultiMan?
Thats what im using and at the same time these bugs started happening.... - _-

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHHH your on the latest firmware. AHAHA my bad uh dude try rebuilding the database. i misread this whole thread rofl

What exactly are you having problems with when starting GTA using multiman or playing online? I can help you cause i'm playing GTA4 with my own mods from internal HDD online (3.55 Debug) without using any kind of game manager/file manager. I'm playing by myself IDK if any one is able to connect to me or not cause idk anyone with Debug.

Edit: Somebody just entered my game i guess it works.
Last edited by Tha_Cartel ; 04-05-2011 at 10:34 PM.
04-05-2011, 11:01 PM #33
Night Wolf
Rescue Me
I'll take it out on gamefly and see if that disk works. If not then I'm just gonna sell my ps3 copy and buy it for xbox :p

Sounds like a good plan to me. :y:
04-19-2011, 04:38 AM #34

if you havent sold it yet, i was haveing the same issue, long story short, you will need to delete "Game Data Utility" make a backup of the "Save Data Utility" (if you have a save game you wanna keep) and then delete it off your hard drive. Then go to system settings and do a restore to default SETTINGS and i cannot stress this part enough... make sure you are restoreing to default SETTINGS<<<<take note of that word right there.... it will not delete any movies or games or anything else it will just reset your background to default and you may need to reset your time and any other settings that you may have changed. After all is said and done start up the game and it should work, and then you can back out and re install your game save.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo