07-12-2011, 05:14 PM #1
X360 David
Taylor Swift <3
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey everyone, I am interested in getting a PS3, doesn't matter what size or version as all I want to to do the CFW hack so I can mod the PS3 to my liking now I have a few questions, if I get a PS3 and do the CFW hack can I go online?
What games can I mod while I have the CFW hack activated?
If I buy a pre-owned PS3 big 40gb version can I still do it?
07-12-2011, 05:36 PM #2
jdrain11
Are you high?
You can not be on 3.55 CFW and online at the same time. To be online you have to be on 3.66. You can mod almost every game using CFW. If you buy a preowned ps3 it would have to be lower than firmware 3.55 so before you buy ask what firmware it is on.
07-12-2011, 05:37 PM #3
X360 David
Taylor Swift <3
Okay how could I without asking see what firmware version it is?
07-12-2011, 05:52 PM #4
Moved to Playstation 3 Questions.
07-12-2011, 06:08 PM #5
Originally posted by X360
Okay how could I without asking see what firmware version it is?

The new ones sometimes have the firmware version on the box, but i am pretty sure they don't make 3.55 PS3's anymore.

As for the used ones, the only way you can tell what firmware it is on would be to turn on the PS3, and go to Settings>System settings>System information. It will say the system software version there.

The following user thanked mman259 for this useful post:

Imtravvy
07-13-2011, 12:17 AM #6
robad1
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by X360
Hey everyone, I am interested in getting a PS3, doesn't matter what size or version as all I want to to do the CFW hack so I can mod the PS3 to my liking now I have a few questions, if I get a PS3 and do the CFW hack can I go online?
What games can I mod while I have the CFW hack activated?
If I buy a pre-owned PS3 big 40gb version can I still do it?

You need to be on 3.55 to get CFW and Jailbroken. However you cannot get online without rebug v2 so you can be online. it dont really matter about 40gb or 80gb it is about what OFW you are on to start the easieast way to get an earlier version is to get a phat version from a second hand shop!!!

Originally posted by jdrain11 View Post
You can not be on 3.55 CFW and online at the same time. To be online you have to be on 3.66. You can mod almost every game using CFW. If you buy a preowned ps3 it would have to be lower than firmware 3.55 so before you buy ask what firmware it is on.

I am only quoting you to say that you can go online with 3.55 plz check forums. Also you can mod most games although not almost every game!! Small difference, also the second hand places have bought the console because it is a ps3 not that they are bothered what firmware it is on so even asking is useless as they dont know!!
07-13-2011, 12:46 AM #7
if you do happen to go to buy one from a second hand place they should most likely hook it up and turn it on and play a game maybe to let you see that it works if so see if they could check the firmware or see if you could check yourself before you buy it

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo