05-19-2018, 09:17 PM #1
Wildarms
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've been playing samurai wrariors 4 II and since SW allowed for advanced mode, I've been doing some quick edits for things that don't work/don't exist.

Feel free to make these into QM codes, but I don't have the expertise or time to do so. So I'll just be sharing my advanced mode findings below.

HxD
I used HxD for hex editing, so images are from that software after exporting from save wizard. So the length you see at the bottom of my screenshots is in hexadecimal (so 11 length in hex actually means 17 length).
So you'll want to export the advanced mode app.dat file, then load it into HxD, edit, save, and then import it back into SW after making the edits.

You must login or register to view this content.

Speed tomes
First things first, yes all of QM cheats work, except for speed tomes. So here's the first quick fix:
CC1A-CC1B are the lines you want to change, here you can see only speed tomes are not 9999, so modify this line to 0f27 (not that it matters at it will revert to 999 after a use).

Character leveling
Yes there is a way to give them all max stats and skills, but since I'm not doing that, I'll just be sharing my quick way to modify exp so they go straigh to lv50 after a kill.

Meet Yukimara Sanada

This is my yukimara sanada. As you can see there is a separator between each character with C5 x 7 times. Each block of a character is 80 hex length (meaning 12Cool Man (aka Tustin). This contains stats and what the character has learnt in their skill tree. If you want to max out level/stats/skills, you'll want to do it here. Best way to do this?

Level a character to max, finish up his skill tree, and then copy paste him across all the other characters.

Level/exp

In the picture above, you can see my Yukimura is level 3, and his current exp is 1F 36 00 (whatever that means). In contrast, my max lv 50 custom character is level 50 (36 hex) and exp is D5 48 26. This makes this section turn from 1F 36 00 00 03 to D5 48 26 00 32.

But you do not want to modify the level as it ruins the character growth (since I'm not modifying status/skills here). You'll just want to modify the exp. So keep the 03 the same, and only modify the exp from 1F 36 00 to D5 48 26.
I just copy pasted this, but you could just use FF FF FF for the exp.

Here you can see I just changed the exp to max, but kept the exp the same. So next time I kill an enemy, yuki will hit lv50.

Repeating the leveling for remaining characters

Basically, you want to move 89 hex lengths forward, paste the exp, and repeat.

Image below shows I've already changed exp for a few characters D5 48 26 (you can see it in red). I've highlighted the gap between each character, which you can see is 89 hex lengths (137 length in decimal format). So basically you want to repeat that until the last character (which is Noamasa Li). After Noamasa you can edit your custom characters stats if you chose to.

That's all I got for now, I don't see myself doing any extra editing after this, but if anyone is looking, I hope this is a decent starting point.

Hopefully someone can make quick codes for this, I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult given how repetitive the sequences were.
Last edited by Wildarms ; 05-20-2018 at 06:17 PM. Reason: HxD info

The following user thanked Wildarms for this useful post:

wishnd
10-22-2018, 05:15 PM #2
VCXC15
Gobble
How did you export from SaveWizard to HxD? I hit export on Savewiz but I can open it in HxD?
11-04-2018, 02:34 AM #3
Wildarms
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by VCXC15 View Post
How did you export from SaveWizard to HxD? I hit export on Savewiz but I can open it in HxD?

Yes, once you export from Savewizard, you can load it into HxD since it's un-encrypted. Then import again after you make changes. You'll have to change one value (i'd change a 0 to 0 haha) then you should be able to complete changes.
01-01-2019, 06:08 PM #4
VCXC15
Gobble
Cool thanks!
06-12-2020, 01:40 PM #5
i really want this , but i dont understand at all , can u help

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo