06-28-2020, 02:04 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); NMS Advanced Mode Save Editing Guide

I'll be sharing what I've learned so far about NMS save editing on the PS4.

This a generalized guide and isn't fool proof. Deleting a " , " or missing a " ] or [ " when editing the code could have major consequences. Data corruption, save loss, or a very glitched save.

Requirements:

SaveWizard 100% required.

USB Flashdrive(s)

Tools recommended:
You must login or register to view this content.
Notepad

Prep-work:

Name all the things you want to edit to make life easier. ie, ships, Freighters, frigates, containers, multi-tools. And remember them or annotate in your notepad. Then make a backup copy of your save to online or on a different usb.

Open your save with Advanced Mode and export that save. It'll export as memory.dat or whatever you change it to. Open that file with HxD and change the bytes per row to 48 or what ever fits nice on your screen.

Basic editing:
What to do, lets say you want to edit your ship.

Ctrl + F your ship name in text. It'll be the one closer to the top of the file(soft save, getting out of a ship), the one closer to the bottom will be the manual save location.

The type of ship is displayed and you can change the Seed to what ever you want. You can grab seeds off of You must login or register to view this content.

SEED Location
{"Name":"420 BLAZ3 IT","Resource":{"Filename":"MODELS\/COMMON\/SPACECRAFT\/FIGHTERS\/FIGHTER_PROC.SCENE.MBIN","Seed":[true,"0xC59DD08A137742D3"],
Seeds aren't case sensitive, but may need to be CAPITALIZED for PS4.

Ok nice, lets change the slot sizes. Find the next bit of code starting at "ValidSlotIndices":

22 Slot Container
"ValidSlotIndices":[{"X":1,"Y":0},{"X":2,"Y":0},{"X":3,"Y":0},{"X":4,"Y":0},{"X":1,"Y":1},{"X":2,"Y":1},{"X":3,"Y":1},{"X":4,"Y":1},{"X":5,"Y":1},{"X":0,"Y":2},{"X":1,"Y":2},{"X":2,"Y":2},{"X":3,"Y":2},{"X":4,"Y":2},{"X":5,"Y":2},{"X":0,"Y":3},{"X":1,"Y":3},{"X":2,"Y":3},{"X":3,"Y":3},{"X":1,"Y":4},{"X":2,"Y":4},{"X":3,"Y":4}]

This is a 30 slot grid with 22 slots available.

48 slot container (the maximum allowed) Paste this over your ship indices.

(FYI: X=Column, Y=Row. X:0,Y:0 = Slot 1, X:1,Y:0 = Slot 2...)

[{"X":0,"Y":0},{"X":1,"Y":0},{"X":2,"Y":0},{"X":3,"Y":0},{"X":4,"Y":0},{"X":5,"Y":0},{"X":6,"Y":0},{"X":7,"Y":0},{"X":0,"Y":1},{"X":1,"Y":1},{"X":2,"Y":1},{"X":3,"Y":1},{"X":4,"Y":1},{"X":5,"Y":1},{"X":6,"Y":1},{"X":7,"Y":1},{"X":0,"Y":2},{"X":1,"Y":2},{"X":2,"Y":2},{"X":3,"Y":2},{"X":4,"Y":2},{"X":5,"Y":2},{"X":6,"Y":2},{"X":7,"Y":2},{"X":0,"Y":3},{"X":1,"Y":3},{"X":2,"Y":3},{"X":3,"Y":3},{"X":4,"Y":3},{"X":5,"Y":3},{"X":6,"Y":3},{"X":7,"Y":3},{"X":0,"Y":4},{"X":1,"Y":4},{"X":2,"Y":4},{"X":3,"Y":4},{"X":4,"Y":4},{"X":5,"Y":4},{"X":6,"Y":4},{"X":7,"Y":4},{"X":0,"Y":5},{"X":1,"Y":5},{"X":2,"Y":5},{"X":3,"Y":5},{"X":4,"Y":5},{"X":5,"Y":5},{"X":6,"Y":5},{"X":7,"Y":5}]

Paste insert that over the old one, and click ok, it'll change the file size. That's fine.

You can change the ship BaseStatID values, I wouldn't recommend changing it higher than 1000.0 Yes it can go higher but it might cause instability. There has to be ####.0 at the end of the number.

We're not done editing the size of the inventory yet.

Find this bit:
    "SpecialSlots":[],"Width":8,"Height":6

Change these values to 8 and 6. 8*6=48 You now have a 48 slot container.

That was general storage. You can repeat this process for the tech slots if you so desire.

You can also repeat this process with the Freighter, freighter chests, base storage chests.

The exocraft and backpack tech slots are unmoddable. I've tried, those slots are hard coded in the game.

Finishing up:

After you're done editing. **SAVE**. And back to save wizard, **IMPORT** that file back and APPLY changes.

Some things I've discovered:

NMSSaveEditor(PC version) is not directly compatible with the PS4 save, but you can export a ship file in the NMSSaveEditor to a file that translates over to HxD and your Game Save. You can paste it over a trash ship.

I think in order for NMSSaveEditor to compatible the creator or another engineer would have to make a separate release to make the PS4 save file readable due to the pc version being in a JSON structure.

​
Disclaimer:

I won't be held responsible for data or save loss. It's your responsibility to make backups before you edit. I don't condone cheating other people out of their experience, so if if you're modifying your damage and shield values you probably should turn multiplayer off.

Other information:

I'm very new to this and don't know a whole lot about the way PC saves does the editing process, but I think there maybe a hex dump somewhere where you can add items manually to the ship inventories. You can use the NMSSaveEditor to add items to your ship and then export that ship from the editor to open up on HxD.

​

Some of my personal Goals:
I want to figure out how to get all the words for the races learned. But each word is differently stored for each race following a : True, false, false, false value. Not all races have the same words so this is pretty frustrating. I'd take a ps4 save that has all of them learned and post that if I find it. Exporting from the NMSSaveEditor is not in a compatible format. It may be tweaked, I'll look into it.
Last edited by MegaGold ; 06-28-2020 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Changed the title to make this more searchable

The following 9 users say thank you to MegaGold for this useful post:

Albert62, Archangel Zeon, feewy, Gagliardi, jhusdhui, JordonGP, Kim-Chi, TheBadAn0nymous, XxSpectrexX
06-29-2020, 04:37 AM #2
feewy
Keeper
Lovely read thanks for your time and experimentation! Could you add this to the bucket list? Unlimited jetpack? 😉🤩

The following user thanked feewy for this useful post:

MegaGold
06-29-2020, 11:28 PM #3
I'm not sure if that's editable but I'll see if I can find a value that corresponds to it.

The following user thanked MegaGold for this useful post:

feewy
07-21-2020, 05:44 PM #4
amaizing thankyou, do you have a pc save i can use for copying the ship code please, and do u no if theres way to change the gamemode?
07-24-2020, 06:10 AM #5
Thank you for dis, how i missed this is beyond me LOL
been a huge fan of exploration games andaint even realised this was even possible to edit, good work bro
08-08-2020, 04:41 PM #6
It's possible to make a save editor for this game, I see many things can be done with the save.
I have been able to add items to my inventory, even change tech mods to better ones.
We just need more info like item IDs.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo