Post: Final Fantasy IX Speedrun (EU) save (in front of filled Excalibur II treasure)
09-24-2017, 04:14 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey there

Final Fantasy 9 has one trophy that will make it hard for me to plat it. I'm really bad at speed running through games. Now Final Fantasy 9 has a trophy tied to a weapon called Excalibur II. The problem: You need to get to the treasure (at the end of the game) within 12 hours. If someone does the run anyway, I would love to get a copy of his/her save just before the (still closed) treasure with the weapon in it so I can go and unlock the trophy.

Thanks for reading Smile
09-24-2017, 07:23 PM #2
RPGAddict
Little One
There are implemented cheat that makes this trophy really easy, no encounter, x3 speed, 9999 damage and always trance/fulllife/mana
09-24-2017, 07:40 PM #3
BubbaDaBarb
Bounty hunter
Regardless of this being much simpler now I'm still hoping that once they've added FFIX to Save Wizard that they include a code to reset the game timer for the sake of getting Excalibur II.
09-24-2017, 07:53 PM #4
TheBlackPec
Member of the Month
SW is already working on it.
09-25-2017, 10:14 AM #5
Originally posted by BubbaDaBarb View Post
Regardless of this being much simpler now I'm still hoping that once they've added FFIX to Save Wizard that they include a code to reset the game timer for the sake of getting Excalibur II.

Yeah that would be another option. Then I can get through the game normally and just reset the timer for the weapon Smile
09-29-2017, 07:18 AM #6
BubbaDaBarb
Bounty hunter
I just finished a big set of saves here if anyone is interested in them. Excalibur II is included amongst them.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked BubbaDaBarb for this useful post:

TheBlackPec
09-29-2017, 12:59 PM #7
BubbaDaBarb
Bounty hunter
Since we're on the subject of saves though I'm attempting to work toward the Bloodlust trophy for getting 10000 kills, but I'm not sure that there's a way to track it in game.

If I knew how many I had already I'd try looking it up in the advanced editor (if FFIX is even open to advanced editing) to see if I could mod it to 9999.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo