10-17-2018, 02:06 PM #1
tig-jay
Save Point
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Sorry I am very green to this, but I'm trying to re-region a game save but 'Advanced' is grayed out.* This has happened with every save I have tried.* Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks and please go easy on me if this is posted in the wrong area.

-tig
10-17-2018, 02:41 PM #2
The short and sweet is: you can't advance mode any game with a leader board or multiplayer function. The option you maybe looking for is under Re-Sign.
Last edited by MegaGold ; 10-17-2018 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Was Snarky
10-17-2018, 03:18 PM #3
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
For second question, probably better to put it in the PS4 Save Question section, but I'm only providing the link for informational purposes in case you have to post something like this again:

You must login or register to view this content.

I'm not sure if it's just limited to leaderboards/multiplayer, and there definitely are some games with multiplayer including PVP that do support Advanced mode and I could swear some singleplayer games without leaderboards that don't have Advanced Mode.

But generally, yes, not every game Save Wizard supports has Adavanced Mode unlocked, and even where it's unlocked there might only be specific files you can use it on which can be annoying if what you want to edit, you know it's in another file. A lot of games are Quick Mode Only ("QMO"). Not sure if there's a way of finding out other than loading up the save in SW, or asking people. If your game's greyed out, there's no Advanced mode for it. You're not doing anything wrong. You can resign someone else's saves but can't re-region them, and you can only use SW's built-in cheats.

The following user thanked aeneax for this useful post:

tig-jay
10-17-2018, 05:27 PM #4
tig-jay
Save Point
Originally posted by MegaGold View Post
The short and sweet is: you can't advance mode any game with a leader board or multiplayer function. The option you maybe looking for is under Re-Sign.

Hey MegaGold,
I'm was trying to do The Hobbit, Farcry 4 and Lego SuperHeroes; would they fall into those categories?
10-17-2018, 05:56 PM #5
tig-jay
Save Point
Originally posted by aeneax View Post
For second question, probably better to put it in the PS4 Save Question section, but I'm only providing the link for informational purposes in case you have to post something like this again:

You must login or register to view this content.

I'm not sure if it's just limited to leaderboards/multiplayer, and there definitely are some games with multiplayer including PVP that do support Advanced mode and I could swear some singleplayer games without leaderboards that don't have Advanced Mode.

But generally, yes, not every game Save Wizard supports has Adavanced Mode unlocked, and even where it's unlocked there might only be specific files you can use it on which can be annoying if what you want to edit, you know it's in another file. A lot of games are Quick Mode Only ("QMO"). Not sure if there's a way of finding out other than loading up the save in SW, or asking people. If your game's greyed out, there's no Advanced mode for it. You're not doing anything wrong. You can resign someone else's saves but can't re-region them, and you can only use SW's built-in cheats.

Thanks for your reply. This made a lot more sense. Looks like I will need to find US saves for these games.
01-24-2019, 02:55 PM #6
JRG1988
Pokemon Trainer
Originally posted by tig-jay View Post
Originally posted by MegaGold View Post

Hey MegaGold,
I'm was trying to do The Hobbit, Farcry 4 and Lego SuperHeroes; would they fall into those categories?

Well you also come to point where the game might just be too old and advanced mode was never there. That's the only thing i can think of.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo