07-09-2019, 04:11 AM #1
EhhIrii
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi guys I was wondering if i could get banned in MHW for editing my save then playing online? Like editing quantity of materials for the latest updates or unlocking all jewels, would love if someone that knew for sure answered Smile
07-09-2019, 05:37 AM #2
Originally posted by EhhIrii View Post
Hi guys I was wondering if i could get banned in MHW for editing my save then playing online? Like editing quantity of materials for the latest updates or unlocking all jewels, would love if someone that knew for sure answered Smile

There is always a risk of getting banned for cheating in online games. If it's not a risk you're willing to take, then I don't recommend using cheats.
07-09-2019, 06:37 AM #3
EhhIrii
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by ProbablyRaging View Post
Hi guys I was wondering if i could get banned in MHW for editing my save then playing online? Like editing quantity of materials for the latest updates or unlocking all jewels, would love if someone that knew for sure answered Smile

There is always a risk of getting banned for cheating in online games. If it's not a risk you're willing to take, then I don't recommend using cheats.

I get that but I'd like to hear from someone who's taken the risk in mhw specifically, this game is co-op only so I can't see how anyone would be able to tell that I'm cheating unless I modify my hunter rank.
07-09-2019, 09:39 AM #4

I get that but I'd like to hear from someone who's taken the risk in mhw specifically, this game is co-op only so I can't see how anyone would be able to tell that I'm cheating unless I modify my hunter rank.

Your question was "I was wondering if i could get banned in MHW for editing my save then playing online", the answer is always going to be 'yes' regardless who answers the question. Are different cheats more prone to getting someone banned, again 'yes'.

You mentioned "editing quantity of materials for the latest updates or unlocking all jewels", there's a lower chance of getting banned or reported for it because no ordinary player like yourself would ever know you did that, unless you told them, do you still run a risk of getting banned? 'Yes.' Because if the devs were ever to implement a way of telling if you obtained the items illegitimately (if they haven't already) you can get banned. If the devs ever implemented a way to tell if you were using modded game save data (which some games do, like Dark Souls 3 for instance), you could get banned.

Which ever way you cut it, the answer to your question is the same. You always run the risk of getting banned for cheating in online games.

If all you're looking for is someone to say they've never been banned so you can feel better about using them than I can tell you I have personally used every cheat in MHW when they first came available in Save Wizard, I didn't get banned. But there are reports out there of people getting banned from the steam version for using mods and CAPCOM have responded to emails stating that they do not allow it so again, if it's not a risk you're willing to take, then I don't recommend using cheats.
07-09-2019, 10:00 AM #5
EhhIrii
Bounty hunter

Well I'm on console, so you saying that you used save wizard and didn't get banned gives me a little more confidence.One last question, did you play online after using the cheats on your save? Thanks for all the info.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo