Post: Newbie Help, PS4 Crashed and Need The Last of Us Part II Game Save
06-23-2020, 06:50 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi, I'm new to this and apologies if I sound dumb.

I was 20 hours into The Last of Us Part II when my PS4 crashed and I lost all my progress. I don't have the heart to play through it again, but was I wondering if there is a way to download a game save from here that will let me jump straight into the chapter I left off at (I know these are unlocked once you complete the game).

I don't care about more items, upgrades or trophies; I just want to resume my progress from where I left off.

Also, I did some research and I guess I need to purchase and use Save Wizard too?

I haven't done any of this before, but is this as simple as downloading a new game save from here, resigning it using Save Wizard to my PSN account, transferring it to a thumb drive and plugging it into a PS4 and copying it over to the right directory?

Again, apologies if I sound like a newbie to this all.
06-26-2020, 04:45 AM #2
Reidso
Under Jolly Roger
Originally posted by doscrash View Post
Hi, I'm new to this and apologies if I sound dumb.

I was 20 hours into The Last of Us Part II when my PS4 crashed and I lost all my progress. I don't have the heart to play through it again, but was I wondering if there is a way to download a game save from here that will let me jump straight into the chapter I left off at (I know these are unlocked once you complete the game).

I don't care about more items, upgrades or trophies; I just want to resume my progress from where I left off.

Also, I did some research and I guess I need to purchase and use Save Wizard too?

I haven't done any of this before, but is this as simple as downloading a new game save from here, resigning it using Save Wizard to my PSN account, transferring it to a thumb drive and plugging it into a PS4 and copying it over to the right directory?

Again, apologies if I sound like a newbie to this all.

Now, with "jump straight into the chapter I left off at" is not going to be easy as that,
but if you recall your last trophy earned it MIGHT help you to resume near it

You can use a save from one of the savesets below to help you to do so

Not sure what region you are, due to you not stating so, but anyways....

[US]The Last of Us Part II complete save set [CUSA07820]
https://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/ps4-trophies-game-saves/1031974-the-last-us-part-ii-complete-save-set-cusa07820-a.html

[EU]The last of us Part 2 - COMPLETE SAVE SET [CUSA10249]
https://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/ps4-trophies-game-saves/1031935-the-last-us-part-2-complete-save-set-cusa10249-a.html

And yes, you need to purchased (buy) SaveWizard...
https://www.savewizard.net/#Buy-Now

Quick Start Guide....
https://www.savewizard.net/manual/

IF you need a visual on how to set up, watch one (or more if you wish) of these vids....
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=HOW+TO+REGISTER+YOUR+PROFILE+-+SAVE+WIZARD

The following user thanked Reidso for this useful post:

Meracle
06-29-2020, 11:47 AM #3
Thanks! This really helped a lot.

Do you have any idea how to look for other save games where I care less about the trophies earned but just the story progress? What would the keywords to look for?

For example, I'm looking for a save for Red Dead Redemption 2 that lets me start on Chapter 4, or shortly after that, and a save for Death Stranding that lets me start at Chapter 3, Order 23
06-30-2020, 06:00 AM #4
Meracle
Save Point

Do you have any idea how to look for other save games where I care less about the trophies earned but just the story progress? What would the keywords to look for?

For example, I'm looking for a save for Red Dead Redemption 2 that lets me start on Chapter 4, or shortly after that, and a save for Death Stranding that lets me start at Chapter 3, Order 23

Hi. I understand you're not interested in trophies, but not many people make save-sets just for the story progress. Fortunately, a lot of trophy save-sets still have to progress through the story, so they may still be of use to you.

For example in this save set, the "Settling Feuds" trophy looks to be gotten by completing Chapter 3. So that's a save very close to the beginning of Chapter 4.
You must login or register to view this content. << This is EU, so it won't work with a US copy of the game.

You could also try searching "Platinum Save" that usually have everything completed. These work well on chapter-select games like "The Last of Us 2 Part II" you were looking for before.
Last edited by Meracle ; 06-30-2020 at 06:01 AM.

The following user thanked Meracle for this useful post:

Reidso
06-30-2020, 06:01 PM #5
Reidso
Under Jolly Roger

Originally posted by Meracle View Post

Hi. I understand you're not interested in trophies, but not many people make save-sets just for the story progress. Fortunately, a lot of trophy save-sets still have to progress through the story, so they may still be of use to you.

For example in this save set, the "Settling Feuds" trophy looks to be gotten by completing Chapter 3. So that's a save very close to the beginning of Chapter 4.
You must login or register to view this content. << This is EU, so it won't work with a US copy of the game.

You could also try searching "Platinum Save" that usually have everything completed. These work well on chapter-select games like "The Last of Us 2 Part II" you were looking for before.

@doscrash If not interested in trophies, but only story progress....

Use a save from the specific saveset & region from the nearest point of the chapter
(which I pretty much pointed out in my last point)

Or

Use a platinum save

Best way to search for the game save(s) and/or platinum saves you're looking for is to google search,
it gives you a better result than using the forum's search option LMAO (seriously, I'm not joking)

@Meracle Exactly

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo