05-11-2014, 01:14 PM #1
PSNTROPHYHUNTER
PSN Trophy God
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I noticed there are 6 different trophy sets for this game (US, JP, and Ch for both PS4 and PS3) and that this game had a cross save feature. So I tested to see if I could use a PS3 US plat save of dw8 xl and I was able to cross save to the US PS4 version and get all the trophies in 2 hours with that save.

Then, I wondered if I could use that same save and cross save it to the JP and Ch versions of the game. I figured it would work like Sound Shapes meaning that it doesn't matter what the region is it'll work regardless. Well I was wrong because when I tried to cross save it wouldn't show the US PS3 save to download.

Then, I thought ok maybe since I bought the JP and Ch PS4 versions then maybe ill get the JP and Ch PS3 versions for free. Then I can just change the region on the plat save. Well of course not, it seems like there's no cross buy option.

So I wonder if there's a way to change the region of the save and upload on the cloud so I could use it without having to buy the PS3 versions? Does anyone know how?
05-30-2014, 03:34 PM #2
The cloud is useless.

I sold my DW8 PS3 version as I knew I was getting the PS4 version of Xtreme Legends Complete and I can't use my platinum save unless I buy DW8 PS3 again. I wouldn't even be able to use the save if I bought Xtreme Legends for PS3 as seemingly the update to use the save requires you having DW8.

So whatever you had to do for the DW8 Xtreme Legend you platted in 2 hours would apply to the other region versions.
05-31-2014, 12:35 AM #3
PSNTROPHYHUNTER
PSN Trophy God
Originally posted by satrina View Post
The cloud is useless.

I sold my DW8 PS3 version as I knew I was getting the PS4 version of Xtreme Legends Complete and I can't use my platinum save unless I buy DW8 PS3 again. I wouldn't even be able to use the save if I bought Xtreme Legends for PS3 as seemingly the update to use the save requires you having DW8.

So whatever you had to do for the DW8 Xtreme Legend you platted in 2 hours would apply to the other region versions.

I put a PS3 DW8XL Platinum save on the cloud and it worked perfectly with the PS4 version of the game. However, it wouldn't work with different regions like Sound Shapes does. DW8 save is pretty much useless because the trophy set is DW8XL for PS4 version.
05-31-2014, 11:10 AM #4
Originally posted by jbowers310 View Post
I put a PS3 DW8XL Platinum save on the cloud and it worked perfectly with the PS4 version of the game. However, it wouldn't work with different regions like Sound Shapes does. DW8 save is pretty much useless because the trophy set is DW8XL for PS4 version.

Actually you are mentioning DW8 XL save. I'm simply saving that in order to use DW8 save (platinum or otherwise) you need to still have the disc or the PSN version to update DW8 in order to even use that save. Irregardless of trophies, unless you have the disc or PSN version of Dynasty Warriors 8 you can't use that save. I only have PS4 version of Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete and I can't use my platinum save as I need to be able to update DW8 in order to use that save. If you don't have Dynasty Warriors 8 then you're out of luck and have to start over.

Having a Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends on PS3 is a different game, so whether you can use that save or not via the cloud I don't know as I only have the PS4 version.
05-31-2014, 01:51 PM #5
PSNTROPHYHUNTER
PSN Trophy God
Originally posted by satrina View Post
Actually you are mentioning DW8 XL save. I'm simply saving that in order to use DW8 save (platinum or otherwise) you need to still have the disc or the PSN version to update DW8 in order to even use that save. Irregardless of trophies, unless you have the disc or PSN version of Dynasty Warriors 8 you can't use that save. I only have PS4 version of Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete and I can't use my platinum save as I need to be able to update DW8 in order to use that save. If you don't have Dynasty Warriors 8 then you're out of luck and have to start over.

Having a Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends on PS3 is a different game, so whether you can use that save or not via the cloud I don't know as I only have the PS4 version.

Yeah I never had DW8 for PS3 I only had DW8XL for PS3 so I used that to upload a DW8XL Platinum Save then got rid of the game.

On a side note: I noticed there's another trophy set for Dead Nation for PS4 if you look in PSNProfiles.com. Looks like its Chinese but when I go into the Chinese store I only see the English version.
09-10-2014, 04:31 AM #6
Does anyone know where to find a PS3 plat save? Doesn't matter what region, just need to find a save source. The link in the master index is no longer good.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo