Post: REQUEST PS4 Dark Souls 2 CUSA01589 Save files for trophy?
07-19-2021, 10:09 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I am missing about 5 different trophies, I can see heaps of save files for DS1, DS3 but none for DS2. =(
07-19-2021, 01:39 PM #2
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by Daximus-Maximus View Post
I am missing about 5 different trophies, I can see heaps of save files for DS1, DS3 but none for DS2. =(

Try this:

You must login or register to view this content.

The following user thanked aeneax for this useful post:

Daximus-Maximus
07-20-2021, 01:03 AM #3
Originally posted by aeneax View Post
I am missing about 5 different trophies, I can see heaps of save files for DS1, DS3 but none for DS2. =(

Try this:

@Aeneax TY but that doesn't seem to work, the zip opens into numerous folders 1 x trophy but there is no zip files inside and no bins so Save Wizard doesn't recognise anything. I dont understand how to use this?
07-20-2021, 01:52 PM #4
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by aeneax View Post

Try this:

@Aeneax TY but that doesn't seem to work, the zip opens into numerous folders 1 x trophy but there is no zip files inside and no bins so Save Wizard doesn't recognise anything. I dont understand how to use this?

You looked inside the folders, correct? I'm a bit confused because I just checked inside each folder and I'm seeing something different.

So just inside the zip is a folder named "Dark Soul 2 - Complete Save Set", or depending on the extraction software you use it might skip that entirely (since it's the name of the ZIP -- some programs, when they unzip/unpack a file, create a folder with the name of the zipped/packed file. Others skip that initial folder. I use WinRAR and advise, in this You must login or register to view this content., to also use WinRAR for Save Wizard. No online programs, no WinZIP even, although I actually like WinZIP. They can lead to some errors in Save Wizard that WinRAR avoids. If you haven't already, check out that Troubleshooting thread I just linked to, the "Resigning Text Tutorial" section and the "Filepath Issues" section.

Inside the "Dark Soul 2 - Complete Save Set" folder are more folders. 34 of them to be exact. It sounds like you're seeing them since they're named after the games trophies. This is where I get confused as to what you're seeing or not seeing: I just looked in every single one, and each of them except the first one contains a ZIP. The first one, "01 e 02 - Self Recollection - This is Dark Souls" contains a text file only which I imagine is just instructions on how to get those two trophies. You don't need a save for either trophy. You get "Self Recollection" for creating a character, and would not be able to get it with someone else's save. You get "This is Dark Souls" the first time you die, which for a lot of people is right in the tutorial and is their second trophy/achievement. So to get those trophies, create a character, run forward a bit and let the enemies kill you.

For me, extracting with WinRAR, version 5.70 (I strongly advise using 5.71 or later but my regular PC needs a new power supply and I'm too lazy to update the version on this PC), in each of the other trophy folders I see a ZIP called "CUSA01760.zip", and a text file. I did not open up each of the ZIPs, but in the ones I did open up I see proper CUSA folders, and in them PS4 save files (for instance, GAME0000 and GAME0000.bin).

You should be able to just import those directly in Save Wizard. If that doesn't work, you can unzip them (use WinRAR as the Text Tutorial in my guide spells out), make sure the file path is alright, then create a new ZIP using Windows (not WinRAR for this step). OR, you can unzip them and do it directly from USB, dummy folder method, without ZIPs. For more detailed instructions on either method, again, I get as wordy as wordy gets in that Troubleshooting Guide, in the Text Tutorial.

If you need any further help, or if that doesn't work, shoot me a PM. I do recall at least one trophy not being spelled out in that set. It was one from later in the game if I recall but I don't remember what it was. If you happen to see it, shoot me a PM and I can better describe it although it's not my set and none of that is my work. You can easily get it with the saves in there. Basically, there is a save for entering into an area or picking up an item, I forget which, and there is a boss in that same area, so you use that save (maybe it's the other way around, where you beat the boss then pick up the item it's guarding?). It's an optional area. That's about all I remember.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo