09-20-2017, 12:45 PM #1
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); For those who have purchased FFIX or plan to, please keep this request in mind as they play.* My most dreaded trophies are listed just below.* (Obviously this is in the hope that this game can eventually be re-signed.)

10,000 Enemies; Lvl 99 Chocobo Beak; Lvl 99 Character; 100 Tetra Cards wins; Excalibur II; and potentially BOTH Jump Rope trophies (note on this below)

As much as I love this game, the trophy list is no, just no.* And I'm tired of playing through Steam versions multiple times only to see the Steam version then ported to PS4.* I would not mind owning this on PS4 and possibly doing a speedrun through the story both for fun and to mop up whatever trophies I cannot get through the generosity of others' and their saves, but not with this trophy list, not without some help.* I've always played each and every FF game in the main series to 100% going back to the 80s, with the very big and notable exception of the jump rope in FFIX, as I could NEVER get that thing to the 100 count or even to 80.* It's supposedly much easier on Steam, and hence should be here too, but I'm also not in my 20s anymore like I was back when it came out on PS1 and have some medical difficulties.

Anyway, while what would be IDEAL would be a complete trophy set to pop all trophies, like Kyoshiro did for FFVII, I would settle for saves that can easily pop the worst trophies (in my opinion) which I listed above.* There are some other annoying ones in the game too that would make it more than just a speedrun -- I'm sure I don't need to name them to anyone planning on going for plat -- but it's still do-able without wasting too much more time on this (amazing, don't get me wrong) game than I already have (400 hours plus clocked in Steam, and who knows how many hours on PS1). *

For the jump rope trophies, obviously I'm not sure if that can work.* Maybe we'll all get lucky and the game will register it so that if you have already hit the 100 and 1000 milestones once, loading up that save and jumping rope again can pop the trophies no matter the outcome.* If not, even a save with quick access to jumping rope but wihout having yet done it (in case hitting 100 or 1000 already locks that save out of popping the trophy), and I could just load the save and go insane and beat my head against the wall trying to do this again, and again, and again, and again...* I hate Squeenix sometimes.* Usually Mondays through Sundays.

Many thanks in advance.* FYI, I've seen conflicting reports on which in-game cheats do and don't disable trophies, and am not sure whether those conflicting reports are due to a bug or just bad information.* It at least seems clear that the items and gil cheats disable trophies, maybe permanently for that save.* Happy frog-catching.

Above prepared at my direction for medical reasons.
09-21-2017, 01:14 PM #11
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by jameshird85 View Post
If that doesn't work. Maybe it will be possible on save wizard if the game gets advanced mode. The gameshark made it possible to get the 1000 jumps on psone.

Yeah, I remember Gameshark having that code, and yet I could never get that code to work. Not sure if it was becuase of a difference in firmware or changes between Gameshark versions, but that's how desperate I was to jump that d@mn rope. Remember when we used to do things in games without needing trophies as rewards? At times it seems cool, and at other times I wonder why I ever wanted to jump that rope to begin with just for an extra item and line of poorly-translated dialogue I could already see on the internets. Come to think of it, why do I want the trophy??? But I do. It makes nice "ping!" noise.

Abv. prepared.
09-22-2017, 03:53 AM #12
If that doesn't work. Maybe it will be possible on save wizard if the game gets advanced mode. The gameshark made it possible to get the 1000 jumps on psone.

What did the gameshark do on the PS1? I am curious. It sounds like that would modify code though right and not a save?

Also the jump rope mini game is within minutes of starting the game, so anybody can easily test this out
Last edited by Carramrod235 ; 09-22-2017 at 03:55 AM.
09-23-2017, 03:18 AM #13
BubbaDaBarb
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Grubby1234 View Post
What did the gameshark do on the PS1? I am curious. It sounds like that would modify code though right and not a save?

Also the jump rope mini game is within minutes of starting the game, so anybody can easily test this out

Cheat devices on older consoles modified the code of the game and not its save. The same wouldn't work for the jump rope minigame unless it works as mentioned above and doesn't ping the trophy when you hit 1000 but retroactively if you have hit the mark. I highly doubt that's the case though...
09-23-2017, 01:08 PM #14
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by BubbaDaBarb View Post
Cheat devices on older consoles modified the code of the game and not its save. The same wouldn't work for the jump rope minigame unless it works as mentioned above and doesn't ping the trophy when you hit 1000 but retroactively if you have hit the mark. I highly doubt that's the case though...

Highly doubt it too, but fingers crossed. Looks like Savewizard's working on FFIX this weekend so we might know soon enough if somebody would also be kind enough to supply a save with at least 100 times jumped.
09-27-2017, 05:34 AM #15
jameshird85
Vault dweller
Does anyone have a cronusmax device lying around? with this you can create a script to get the 1k jump trophy without a problem. It costs like $60 though :(. Decent idea for a shop on here. Look up CronusMax and Final Fantasy IX on google.
09-30-2017, 02:28 PM #16
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
For any who haven't seen, there are a couple of USA region saves up that cover a couple of the trophies requested above, and many more as well. Specifcically, there are 2 different threads for Lvl 99 Chocobo Beak, Lvl 99 character, 100 Tetra Card wins, Excalibur II which is particularly welcome, and most other trophies in the game. We still do not have any saves that I have seen to test out either of the jumprope trophies (fingers crossed that it even works that way), or a save for Bloodlust (10,000 enemies, probably the last trophy anyone will get unless they're just skipping the jump rope entirely but if doing that then why grind out 10,000 enemies?).

I've first linked to the largest set of saves below, from BubbaDaBarb, and second to a post, from markl1988, with a save for A Hunting We Will Go (win with Vivi during the festival of the hunt) and also a separate save for the Chocobo Beak trophy (so 2 saves for this trophy from both posters). All credit due to BubbaDaBarb and markl1989 for their saves, and many many thanks to them. BubbaDaBarb has indicated he might go back later to do 10,000 enemies and a couple of other trophies, but "curse[s]" his "lack of skill" (it's not that my friend, I used to be pretty good at this sort of thing and that's the only thing I've ever given up on the history of video games, back in 2001 I think -- blame SE not your skills) for not being able to jump that dang rope so it's unclear whether he'll be re-attempting those trophies and posting saves to see if they can pop from them. Since still awaiting saves for the ones I'm dreading most (jump rope) and the one that will take the most grinding (10,000 enemies) I won't report this request as fulfilled this yet, but this is an amazing set of saves and thanks again to both posters.

You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

Abv. prepared.

The following user thanked aeneax for this useful post:

BubbaDaBarb
09-30-2017, 04:46 PM #17
Cloud
Life Savior
Does anyone have a cronusmax device lying around? with this you can create a script to get the 1k jump trophy without a problem. It costs like $60 though :(. Decent idea for a shop on here. Look up CronusMax and Final Fantasy IX on google.

If you can put a guide on how to use the script on cronusmax and which version of it I should buy, I will buy it and do it for you and I.
09-30-2017, 05:34 PM #18
BubbaDaBarb
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Cloud View Post
If you can put a guide on how to use the script on cronusmax and which version of it I should buy, I will buy it and do it for you and I.

You would need a CronusMax Plus which is the latest version of the Cronus devices: You must login or register to view this content.

As far as the script is concerned and how to use it here are a couple of links to the forum where it was developed and how to adjust it to work for yourself:

Tutorial: You must login or register to view this content.

Development Thread: You must login or register to view this content.

If the device weren't so pricey I would've already picked one up in order to help people get the trophy off their mind, but maybe I'll be able to afford one someday.

The following user thanked BubbaDaBarb for this useful post:

Cloud
09-30-2017, 07:43 PM #19
Cloud
Life Savior
Originally posted by BubbaDaBarb View Post
You would need a CronusMax Plus which is the latest version of the Cronus devices: You must login or register to view this content.

As far as the script is concerned and how to use it here are a couple of links to the forum where it was developed and how to adjust it to work for yourself:

Tutorial: You must login or register to view this content.

Development Thread: You must login or register to view this content.

If the device weren't so pricey I would've already picked one up in order to help people get the trophy off their mind, but maybe I'll be able to afford one someday.

I will look into it and if I understand I will buy it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo