Post: Changing Regions/Versions for Witcher 3 ( Save Wizard info please)
08-06-2019, 06:53 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hi All

If somebody much smarter than me could give me some info.

A while ago, a friend gave me his Witcher 3 (CUSA01440) CD en I played, then I downloaded it from store but my savegame was not compatible
Thanks to Save Wizard I was simplu able to import content of 1 Region's Savegame to the other.
This worked like a charm.

Now, few months later, My buddy wants to switch from his Witcher 3 to downloaded Witcher3 Game Of the Year edition.
I thought to myself, easy. lets do the same
However, no success here.
When I export save data from CUSA01440 en import it to CUSA05572 it doesn't load the savegame,
1. telling him the savegame is a newer version, while they both were done with Witcher 3 v1.60
2. the thumbmail of the destination savegame did not change, its seems unchanges while I verified with an md5sum before and after and the destination file was altered as it should.

Has anybody ever experienced this issue? perhaps I am missing something.
Would there be a compatibility issue? both games are Witcher 3 v1.0, but just different Regions (01140 and 05572)

THanks
Sfenitto
09-09-2019, 12:47 PM #2
Originally posted by Sfenitto-Conquistador View Post

Of course it doesn't work.

First and foremost you are working with games that have different hash keys.
Saves already stop working if for example your save is from patch 1.05 and someone wants to use that save in the 1.02 version of the game.
The same happens if you have a 1.02 save and you want to apply it in a game that already comes patched to 1.05.

Your case it is even worse. The game actually has different hash keys.
So no. There is no solution for your problem.
At least none that I'm aware of.

I've already tried using advance mode of Save Wizard to change the ID of the save file.
So I took an unpatched save from an unpatched game, tried to change its ID. Installed it and the game would not recognize the save file.
I even then applied the patch that also patched the save, and it still did not work.

So considering there are cheats for that version of the game then your friend might as well begin a new game.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo