10-10-2019, 04:29 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello everyone,

As you can tell, You must login or register to view this content. had shared the PlayStation 4's firmware 7.00 and kernel that has been decrypted on the PS4 Developer Wiki. A number of users are wondering what's possible with this short information. I spoke with multiple developers to bring valid data that we can pick piece by piece. With that being said, no, this does not mean an exploit is out or coming for 7.00... at the moment. In other words, with the firmware being shared, it's a small starting point to observe the code of the firmware. Think of it like a normal security standpoint. For a pen-tester, he's given a scope of what hacking they can do beforehand to not get in trouble. The first thing on the list is to do reconnaissance. They observe and find a any open doors or vulnerabilities that can benefit them. Afterwards, they use that to their advantage and try to go in without being blindfolded. This is just a starting point for a normal reverse engineer. Their job is to view the code, find a changed/weak point, find a solution, then attack.

This will show us if they changed code that patches previous exploits, added vulnerable code, or didn't touch anything in general.

You must login or register to view this content. has posted the firmware's on his website which you can visit You must login or register to view this content. to download if you'd like!

In addition, developer You must login or register to view this content. had tweeted a few days ago a post that made everyone wonder if he was pointing out to a "PS4 Meme" as what developers have been naming for a while. This has been a joke made back in 2015 to point out that the findings of these vulnerabilities were quite simple and not that "surprising" for them.

We're not too sure whether this is PS4 or iOS related, so please don't get your hopes up at the moment. Optimism is always key to life, and bugging developers will not get anything done faster. He has told me that the project has been done, but forgot to record it to post on Twitter for us. We hope to see soon what he has been working on for a while.

Furthermore, a known friend with PS4 Project Team, OpenOrbis, You must login or register to view this content. had retweeted this a few days ago when the official PS5 was announced. This conveys information that everyone was waiting for. Developer You must login or register to view this content. had explained what is coming soon, and what will be possible after two months released.

Before we wrap-up the article, I would like to show you underground work that no one appreciates that much that, in my opinion, is incredible. Developer You must login or register to view this content. has been creating shades for the PS4 that are used for Background UI. Here's the designs he's showcased recently using LIBOrbis:

Conclusion

As a result, this isn't an exploit being released soon. Stay away from false downloads and YouTube videos. If you'd like to keep up with the developers, feel free to follow them on Twitter. We hope to see more information coming soon in the upcoming weeks!
Last edited by Hydrogen ; 10-10-2019 at 04:51 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

Smokey90, steveaustin640, viLpa
10-10-2019, 07:14 PM #2
PSNTROPHYHUNTER
PSN Trophy God
Originally posted by Hydrogen View Post

Bro 7.00 isn't getting released publicly for years to come...5.05 was the last public release they are way behind. The trend is they will only release an exploit if it gets patched so you can't go online with it...therefore, I'm assuming the exploits they found on firmwares higher than 5.05 hasn't been patched yet so they won't release them publicly. If it was patched then 6.72 exploit would be out now...
Last edited by PSNTROPHYHUNTER ; 10-10-2019 at 07:15 PM.
10-11-2019, 03:25 AM #3
Hydrogen
Super Mod
Originally posted by PSNTROPHYHUNTER View Post

Bro 7.00 isn't getting released publicly for years to come...5.05 was the last public release they are way behind. The trend is they will only release an exploit if it gets patched so you can't go online with it...therefore, I'm assuming the exploits they found on firmwares higher than 5.05 hasn't been patched yet so they won't release them publicly. If it was patched then 6.72 exploit would be out now...

1.) Never did I state there was or was going to be a release for 7.00.
2.) Don't assume something you don't know.
10-11-2019, 01:14 PM #4
PSNTROPHYHUNTER
PSN Trophy God

I know you didn't but you did entertain the fact it may come...cool firmware got decrypted but if no one releases something for 7.00 publicly then in the end its pointless to 99.99% of people. My assumptions are based on trends of how PS4 exploits released in the past so I'm sure they are accurate.
10-11-2019, 08:24 PM #5
Hydrogen
Super Mod

I know you didn't but you did entertain the fact it may come...cool firmware got decrypted but if no one releases something for 7.00 publicly then in the end its pointless to 99.99% of people. My assumptions are based on trends of how PS4 exploits released in the past so I'm sure they are accurate.

I wasn't entertaining, I was sharing information.
We are not talking about exploiting 7.00, we're comparing the firmware itself with others.
If there would be a release, it'd be between 5.05> or >7.00, not 7.00.
Your assumptions can be your opinion, but you can't assume something from a shortage of data.
You're resulting false conclusions that make no sense.

This is NextGenUpdate, not a political debate. Please, stop trying to debate over this when you're clearly not reading.

If you'd like to keep posting your opinions, feel free to talk to yourself. Have a great day.
10-11-2019, 08:24 PM #6
Hydrogen
Super Mod

I wasn't entertaining, I was sharing information.
We are not talking about exploiting 7.00, we're comparing the firmware itself with others.
If there would be a release, it'd be between 5.05> or >7.00, not 7.00.
Your assumptions can be your opinion, but you can't assume something from a shortage of data.
You're resulting false conclusions that make no sense.

This is NextGenUpdate, not a political debate. Please, stop trying to debate over this when you're clearly not reading.

If you'd like to keep posting your opinions, feel free to talk to yourself. Have a great day.
10-11-2019, 11:36 PM #7
Jap
Rookie
i'll simply not update my second ps4 hoping that someone will drop something after ps5 flops. Just a hunch that they won't bring enough to the table unless they sell at a fair loss in favor for future performance, but in saying that home entertainment systems aren't really suppose to be the greatest visually and frames, but with governments like the Australian one not likely that we will see money games with out there graphics anyways as anything that doesn't look like a cartoon is usually considered for ban soon as they see it. Though for me backwards compatibility and software is what will make it or break it for me.

But that's off topic, is interesting to see that there is people still looking into ps4 software and hardware for mods at a later date. Hopefully we will see alot of releases past it's time in the spotlight like with older consoles.
03-01-2020, 10:59 PM #8
Does anyone have a link please for the Decrypted 7.00 Filesystem and Kernel?
01-18-2024, 12:58 PM #9
viLpa
Rookie

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo