07-09-2020, 07:40 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Apologies if this doesn't belong here.

I'm not really sure about anything modding wise. I saw a thing about PS4 cheater.

My question: If I find a jail broken PS4 as a 2nd console and keep it offline, then use Savewizard to resign the saves to my main console, can playstation figure out it's a modded save and ban me? Or is it not possible to re-sign saves from earlier firmware to current to begin with? Was hoping there was a loophole mod games to keep from the risk getting banned. 😅
07-10-2020, 03:55 PM #2
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by animegamer1121 View Post
Apologies if this doesn't belong here.

I'm not really sure about anything modding wise. I saw a thing about PS4 cheater.

My question: If I find a jail broken PS4 as a 2nd console and keep it offline, then use Savewizard to resign the saves to my main console, can playstation figure out it's a modded save and ban me? Or is it not possible to re-sign saves from earlier firmware to current to begin with? Was hoping there was a loophole mod games to keep from the risk getting banned. 😅

Welcome to the forums, and this section's perfectly fine for this question. Although I'll admit I'm a bit confused. It seems like you raise a few questions, actually. I'll answer what I can, but it might help if we knew more about what you're intending to do beyond Save Wizard.

What would you be using the jailbroken PS4 for? I think this is the main thing confusing me, since you mention getting one but then you move on to your main console and Save Wizard.

I'm not sure if this was part of your thought process but, just in case since the rest of your thread deals with save modification: You do not need a jailbroken PS4 to use Save Wizard. It works on official firmware.

I have not heard of anyone being banned on PSN for using Save Wizard. There have been times, however, that people have been banned from individual game servers for using modded saves. This is separate from PSN. Some good examples are in the Dark Souls series of games, where some people were taking their modded saves online. It can be easy to detect a save that has impossible stats, and some games take more action than others. Even something like upgrading weapons to max, if you're familiar with the game, there are a limited number of weapons you can do that with, per playthrough, and the save records which playthrough you are on. So if the server sees you have 40 weapons at max on your second playthrough, there's a good chance you'll get banned FROM THAT GAME. It might be a week, it might be permanent.

That is separate from PSN.

On firmware, it depends on the firmware. If it's very old, you might have trouble. I cannot recall the exact firmware, but somewhere around 4.5ish or 4.7ish, that marks the cutoff. At one point because of big changes in encryption, Save Wizard dropped support for earlier firmware saves in order to be able to support newer saves. But if you're speaking of, say a 5.50 save, that should work just fine on a 7.50 system for instance.

I'm not sure how firmware would relate to a risk of bans. If you think about if in a more normal context, someone could stop gaming in 2017, maybe go on active duty. Then come home in 2020 and fire up their PS4 for the first time in 3 years. Their saves will be from very old firmware. I might be missing something, though. I can't recall the exact point at which a save updates to the latest firmware, whether it's when the firmware is updated or when the game is launched again after a firmware update.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo