Post: Webkit Exploit Confirmed to Work on PS4 Firmware 1.76!
10-24-2014, 07:06 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Wololo.net has released news that a webkit exploit has been confirmed working on the PS4. This is big news. Enjoy!

Originally posted by another user
Two developers, nas and proxima, have gotten a hold of the PSVita Webkit exploit and have it working with PS4 firmware 1.76. Proxima has stated that even though the exploit is one in the same, it was actually developed in a separate tandem and not based off of the exploit.

They have released a proof of concept code, with several examples provided that includes a module dumper and a tool that is used to create an advanced ROP code. Outside of these devs, there are not any confirmed reports of results from the proof of concept, but Wololo vouches for them and they are reported to be trustworthy as well as the POC is said to have solid looking code. Reports will be posted as they come in.

As per usual, this will not be of much benefit to the average end user, except to confirm if their PS4 can be exploited. This release is more important for devs, who would like to further explore the PS4 and tinker around with the tools. The release is the first of it’s kind for the PS4 and will be greatly appreciated by the community, as any exploit can eventually lead to a full hack.

Sony has reportedly patched the Vita exploit and has already announced new firmware 2.oo to be released next week for the PS4, so it may be wise to put off updating, as nobody likes to protect exploits and software vulnerabilities like Sony.

If you wish to test this and report, the following url’s have been provided
You must login or register to view this content.
Download of files and sources have been posted by the developers.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
10-24-2014, 07:48 AM #2
xXcodgmRTE
Climbing up the ladder
Never mind all ready in the thread
10-25-2014, 08:15 PM #3
xNIGHTMAREM0DZx
NextGenUpdate Elite
is this any benefit to us ? to get like free games or somin ?
10-26-2014, 02:28 PM #4
Originally posted by xNIGHTMAREM0DZx View Post
is this any benefit to us ? to get like free games or somin ?

Originally posted by kazzbakkisback View Post
As per usual, this will not be of much benefit to the average end user, except to confirm if their PS4 can be exploited. This release is more important for devs, who would like to further explore the PS4 and tinker around with the tools.

The following 3 users say thank you to Bad Luck Brian for this useful post:

BuFu_EVO, Eddie Mac, vAerox9
10-26-2014, 02:50 PM #5
xNIGHTMAREM0DZx
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by Bad

sorry did you mean to quote me ?
10-27-2014, 04:33 PM #6
cuetto
Do a barrel roll!

I think he raged LOLLOL
10-27-2014, 10:27 PM #7
x5150xiZombie
I defeated!

Yes he meant to quote you you literally asked a question that was right in the post Facepalm

The following user thanked x5150xiZombie for this useful post:

Eddie Mac
10-28-2014, 07:01 PM #8
A Friend
League Champion
Originally posted by Bad

I remember seeing this gif in 2006 on a Runescape forum, memories bro
10-28-2014, 07:53 PM #9
Originally posted by A
I remember seeing this gif in 2006 on a Runescape forum, memories bro

old gifs are the best ^^
04-07-2015, 06:19 AM #10
Imagine if u had a jailbroken ps4 - it would prob sell for like 1.5k$ irl... I am not gonna use this exploit if it is released.. Looks to me like its a very unreliable and unstable exploit. So I am waiting until I find one that is trustworthy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo