04-10-2016, 06:40 PM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys, amazing new tutorial by an old friend named OrangPelupa! In this tutorial, it will convey on how to re-download P.T Silent Hills. For those who don't know what is P.T Silent Hills, it's basically a scary game, and will make you shit your pants. Anyways, lets get started:

On Windows PC:

• You must login or register to view this content. | You must login or register to view this content.
  • Run Suwi R20110308.exe and check all options.
  • You must login or register to view this content.
  • Open the zip file and run “Check IP.bat” to see your proxy IP address.

You must login or register to view this content.

On PS4:

1. Go to NETWORK settings > Set up Internet Connection -> use LAN/WiFi > Custom > Automatic > Do not specify > Automatic > Automatic.
  2. Now you are on PROXY screen, choose USE and type your proxy IP address with PORT 808.
  3. Complete the network setting.

Download P.T. (Silent Hills) on PS4:

1. Go to DOWNLOAD notification.
  2. If P.T. download error was there, press OPTIONS then DELETE (if its not there, you are OK).
  3. Go to LIBRARY.
  4. Choose P.T
  5. DOWNLOAD P.T.

The technical stuff:

PlayStation 4 finds out where to download games by reading specific .JSON file. But because P.T. was wiped off PSN, PS4 don’t know where to download.

You must login or register to view this content., turns out there’s a bunch of Redditors that has uploaded P.T. US version PKG but its missing the necessary .JSON file. Luckily there’s EU JSON file floating around and i modify it to work with P.T. US version.

My face made a big smile when I saw P.T. download progress bar slowly fills. But my smile quickly turned upside-down when the download stopped at 9MB. Thus i gave deeper look at the EU JSON and identified the following stuff:

You must login or register to view this content.

Long story short, i modified the EU JSON with

• US PKG URL,
  • US PKG SHA-1 hash,
  • and blanking the identifier (just put “”Winky Winky.

Voila, it works. P.T. able to reach 100% download and it is playable. Turns out, PS4 only care with the PKG URL, file-size, and SHA-1 hash. PS4 does not care with the identifier value, thus you can simply blank it

Full-disclosure:

• The proxy app was “Squid Proxy”. I made an installer and some necessary configs.

Hope you all enjoy you the game that has been undownloadable anymore! Amazing how you could replay a game that couldn't be played anymore. That's it for today :p

Cheers, Hydrogen/OrangPelupa Hi

Last edited by Hydrogen ; 04-30-2016 at 07:39 PM.

The following 8 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

/SneakerStreet/, 2much4u, Frosty, Gtaz, mishary-1212, Toptuning, xkoeckiiej
05-05-2016, 05:48 PM #20
SC58
Former Staff
Originally posted by YouViolateMe View Post
I wonder if we can use this method to download custom pkg's. We won't be able to run them, but still.

no one has even made custom pkg yet :p

you can make debug pkgs if you have the SDK but it prob won't install them as it would need to be signed or a retail version

The following user thanked SC58 for this useful post:

Im_YouViolateMe
05-06-2016, 03:25 AM #21
Im_YouViolateMe
NextGenUpdate Elite
Originally posted by SC58 View Post
no one has even made custom pkg yet :p

you can make debug pkgs if you have the SDK but it prob won't install them as it would need to be signed or a retail version

Oh yeah I didn't think about that. Lol it's been awhile since I've even touched a ps3, or even looked up PS3 homebrew.
08-28-2019, 09:01 PM #22
I was able to get this to work. Thanks a bunch! I never planned on deleting P.T. from my console but I had to initialize the software on it because the console wasn't working properly. That made me so sad and mad. I can't believe I'm finally gonna be able to play it again! Thanks again.
Last edited by Elambert ; 08-28-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo