Post: 4.5X Exploits "chance" on Releasing by Qwertyoruiopz | 4.70 Update Information
05-31-2017, 12:29 AM #1
Hydrogen
Super Mod
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello NextGenUpdate, today we have some good news after a while. So as you all know, the PS4 has released its newest update today which was the 4.70 Firmware. First off, I suggest you all to not to update to the latest firmware. Many reasons why this can be a major growth in the PS4 Scene. Furthermore, we had gained news from You must login or register to view this content. today over on Twitter. He stated to stick on a lower firmware, and do not update because he is going to look into the 4.70 firmware.

Download: You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

Now, before I go into anything. This could be good, and can also be bad at the same time. I'll start off with the cons. If Sony has patched up his exploits, they are no use anymore whats-so-ever. The good thing about it is that Qwerty stated that he'll actually release his exploits he used in order to jailbreak his 4.5X PS4 Consoles which is a huge step in the scene for developers to study off of his work.

The following 6 users say thank you to Hydrogen for this useful post:

Aegon Targaryen, BaumHF1, DEv_ShOoTz, DMaRUAE, Dog88Christian, TheDoctor MoDz
05-31-2017, 08:45 PM #11
SyGnUs
Give a F*** About Your Lifestyle
Originally posted by Cranium420 View Post
WebKit Exploit is pointless to look into because if he decides to release and everyone and their mother goes online it will be fixed within minutes you all would be better off looking into Kernel Exploit than a Web Exploit.

WebKit exploits are being used as a entry point to get kernel access, you pretty much need a userland exploit to find more vulnerabilities to break out of the sandbox and get kernel access. In this case people are using a Webkit Exploit.

The following 3 users say thank you to SyGnUs for this useful post:

2much4u, Red-EyeX32, Hydrogen
06-01-2017, 02:51 PM #12
Originally posted by mrtn View Post
firmware isn't stored on the hdd lol, so if you updated to 4.70 you're fucked

On the contrary. That's why I thought but my other hard drive says 4.50. And my main says 4.70.
06-01-2017, 09:39 PM #13
xPurpBoyyx
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by Jon
On the contrary. That's why I thought but my other hard drive says 4.50. And my main says 4.70.

Firmware versions are stored on the flash of the console (I'm assuming it's similar to ps3s method) to prevent downgrading. If it was stored within the hdd any user could just wipe the hdd and install whatever. but there is a check somewhere in the flash to compare if the version is less than the last installed.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo