Post: DON’T UPDATE TO 5.50 if you want to use save wizard
03-08-2018, 09:37 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Version firmware 5.50 release, no update yet. later save wizard fix this and i send news.

Update : 5.50 works now
Last edited by danilo_BR ; 03-08-2018 at 04:26 PM.

The following 5 users say thank you to danilo_BR for this useful post:

Gagliardi, ThatEpicSomeone, worrorfight, Wosley, xSOADx
03-12-2018, 02:58 PM #182
HUYI82
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by aeneax View Post

It's not normal but I WOULD expect it to happen again going forward. This is, I believe, the second time it has happened. The last time was in October 2017 with the 5.00 update. My guess would be the next time, assuming SW is able to come up with a solution, and they do seem optimistic about that so I'm not worried, would be in the 6.00 update. So maybe 2-3 times a year?

Just had a look and the turn around was 3 weeks;

You must login or register to view this content.

So anyone who wants to endure the wait and be lonely offline then by all means don't update.

But if you can't wait and need your online fix just update now and wait 3 week for something to happen.
03-12-2018, 03:21 PM #183
zts1
Do a barrel roll!
In a bit of good news, I did have to update to 5.50 but with a very good reason.

I have a save for the USA/North American version of Monster Hunter World that will grant the players the All Small Crown Trophies and the All Large crown trophies. You're just going to have to kill Odogaron a few times to get him at both crown sizes and the save has many items listed for endgame including all sorts crystals and parts for unlocking the end game upgrades if you want to use the max items cheat. Odogaron also has around 70+ investigations that you can keep burning through at 3 and 5 stacks until you have both crown sizes that grant you the trophies

It makes me kind of paranoid to upload it now since we don;t know the full extent of the new security features. But once save wizard fixes itself you can rest easy that the grind for the game will be a short one.
03-12-2018, 04:01 PM #184
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by Awak3n1ng View Post
From there site Kryptus soon could be 3 weeks or even a month, but look at the bight side at least it'll be added

Thanks for sharing. If I recall, last time, they teased the 5.00 compatability just a few days before it went live. So either they're really jumping the gun here, or this would be a super short turnaround time.

EDIT: Apparently the quote didn't get the relevant bit, but apparently the SW site says "Please note that Save Wizard for PS4 MAX support for system software 5.50 is coming soon" according to member I was replying to.

EDIT 2: I actually can't find that on their site anywhere.
Last edited by aeneax ; 03-12-2018 at 06:40 PM.
03-12-2018, 04:28 PM #185
Originally posted by zts1 View Post
In a bit of good news, I did have to update to 5.50 but with a very good reason.

I have a save for the USA/North American version of Monster Hunter World that will grant the players the All Small Crown Trophies and the All Large crown trophies. You're just going to have to kill Odogaron a few times to get him at both crown sizes and the save has many items listed for endgame including all sorts crystals and parts for unlocking the end game upgrades if you want to use the max items cheat. Odogaron also has around 70+ investigations that you can keep burning through at 3 and 5 stacks until you have both crown sizes that grant you the trophies

It makes me kind of paranoid to upload it now since we don;t know the full extent of the new security features. But once save wizard fixes itself you can rest easy that the grind for the game will be a short one.

We can still resign, just can't apply cheats, so please upload, I'll be the first to test =)
03-12-2018, 05:27 PM #186
RichL
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Westers View Post
Assassins creed origins 5.05 saves work on 5.50 well mine did anyway

Did you already have the game and a save installed before you upgraded to 5.50 though?
03-12-2018, 05:33 PM #187
RichL
Do a barrel roll!
It is an issue, but hopefully a temporary one as it has been for previous major FW updates (see the thread in 2017 for the 5.00 update). In the meantime these forums have probably hundreds of 5.05 and below saves that SW can resign and even re-region to your own account. If the games you're looking for do not yet have saves available you can always make a request.

Hi my friend, unless it is confusion on my part, thats not what I mean.

If I'm updated to 5.50 and I install, I don't know lets say Far Cry 5 next week, and I see a save on here for max everything for 5.05 or under then it is not going to work on my 5.50 game is it? As the save would be created on an earlier firmware than I have installed?
03-12-2018, 06:39 PM #188
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by RichL View Post
Hi my friend, unless it is confusion on my part, thats not what I mean.

If I'm updated to 5.50 and I install, I don't know lets say Far Cry 5 next week, and I see a save on here for max everything for 5.05 or under then it is not going to work on my 5.50 game is it? As the save would be created on an earlier firmware than I have installed?

With one caveat, that SHOULD work. The SHOULD is that not all 5.05 saves are working on 5.50, and we don't have a full list. I haven't been using Savewizard much at all so I can't tell you and I don't even Far Cry. But I think the 2 games I've sen people say will NOT work are Monster Hunter World and Dragon Ball Z.

What you would not be able to do is use Save Wizard to apply cheats to Far Cry 5, either quick mode or advanced mode, but to the best of my knowledge Save Wizard does not support any cheats for any Far Cry games anyway. But let's say, like you said, someone posted some saves on this forum for Far Cry 5 that you wanted to use, some super over-powered starter save. All you would have to do is resign that to your account. Save Wizard does not have to support cheats for the game in question in order for it to resign the game to your account. If you're not sure how to resign, I think there are tutorials floating around, but it's pretty simple. Basically Save Wizard would be putting your own account information onto the downloaded save so that you can use it on your own account on your own PS4.

UNLESS it's a game like Monster Hunter World or Dragon Ball Z or whatever the second game was, then it should not matter at all that the save you downloaded was 5.05, or even below. If you copy that 5.05 save, or 4.70 save, or whatever it is, to your PS4, then once you load up your game and load up the save your game will turn it into a 5.50 save to work with your 5.50 PS4. I hope that makes sense.

But bottom line is that from what it sounds like, for what you're talking about -- using someone else's saves -- most people have been saying it still works with 5.05 or below saves on a 5.50 system, just not for all games. No way to know for any particular game until someone tries it and hopefully chimes in here to say "Such and such game worked, or did not work, for me."
03-12-2018, 06:57 PM #189
RichL
Do a barrel roll!
Thanks for the detailed explanation - it is appreciated.
03-12-2018, 07:05 PM #190
Synvius
Save Point
Thanks for sharing. If I recall, last time, they teased the 5.00 compatability just a few days before it went live. So either they're really jumping the gun here, or this would be a super short turnaround time.

EDIT: Apparently the quote didn't get the relevant bit, but apparently the SW site says "Please note that Save Wizard for PS4 MAX support for system software 5.50 is coming soon" according to member I was replying to.

EDIT 2: I actually can't find that on their site anywhere.

It's a check box under the different payment options on their .net site that claims 5.50 compatibility is coming soon.

The following user thanked Synvius for this useful post:

aeneax
DMCA.com Protection Status This content is certified and protected under DMCA guidelines and any attempt to copy or redistribute this content will be met with a DMCA takedown notice.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo