03-13-2019, 11:17 PM #1
FatherComstock
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hello, it's been a while since I shared something so here we go.

In this post, I'm sharing all trophies without the "Challenge" one.
Every saved file requires to activate a laser by solving a puzzle in front of you. Those puzzles are literally as easy as swiping left to unlock your phone.
If a particular save has a laser already activated then, once a game gets fully loaded, just wait around 5sec for a trophy to unlock.

The last trophy, which you already read about is a "Challenge" and exactly as its name suggests, it's a very challenging trophy.
You'll have to think and act fast.

Below, I will tell you how I beat it and give you some tips.
First I've watched some videos on youtube and studied how each of the puzzles works.
Next, I was training by solving random puzzles by myself and after a while, I've started seeing patterns.
YOU HAVE AROUND 6 MINUTES IN TOTAL TO SOLVE ALL THE PUZZLES. I've found the background music too stressing, so I've muted it and this helped a lot.
First three puzzles are very easy. The fourth one is a map of a labyrinth puzzle (which you will come across later) and an orange dots marks triangle puzzles, so make a quick photo of it to use this later.
Next part is a set of four puzzles. The order of them launching is random. Tetris and symmetry are the hardest ones (at least for me) so for the first of them, I've used The Witness Puzzle Solver. I've prepared a modded version of it (included in EXTRAS folder - find it and run couple instances of it by clicking on index.html) so now you can click on a picture of a cell type you want and then paste it on each cell of a puzzle you want (originally you have to click on a cell a couple of times till it will change to a type you want it to be). With symmetry puzzle, I just have the luck of getting an easy one. Once you solve all puzzles from this set you will get two more sets of three puzzles where only one is doable. To tell which one is undoable you have to search for patterns like this:

b w
w b where b is black and w is white

For three colors, I've also used The Witness Puzzle Solver.
The next puzzle is the labyrinth, of which, you took a picture earlier.

There, I've used TRIANGLE PUZZLE Solver.html.

The last set of puzzles contains two pillars with symmetry puzzles.
There, again I have a lot of luck and have to do a little practice before I finally beat it.

I wish you all good luck and hope these saves and tools collection will help you find peace.

ENJOY! Smile

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by aeneax ; 03-14-2019 at 01:55 PM. Reason: title

The following 31 users say thank you to FatherComstock for this useful post:

19willy74, aeneax, Akx, aziiz, Cooler, deathcross31, Elu51ve_E, Fafuninho, frez0r, Grumpy Old Men, hausmeister0807, HUYI82, ignored467, intelbill, Jacobboii, klycik, kuzya, leicabogdan, Leonrpg, LushPushLush, Mago de Oz, mark1, RoyalBlue726, milburn, Sablen, saWBadr, scazz90uk, stasya, T1000peX, taker1990, Yokoso
03-14-2019, 02:03 PM #2
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Your modded version of the Witness Puzzle solver sounds like a vast improvement over the original. The original's a fantastic piece of work and really helps one figure out why that particular solution IS the solution, while no longer under the stress of a timer (take a screenshot or a picture on your smartphones, kids, then refer to it later), and that greatly helps with getting through to the Pillar room. But let's face it, it's a bit unwieldy to use. I like the sound of your improvements.
03-14-2019, 02:45 PM #3
Holly hell! Thanks for share! But sounds hard this plat.
03-15-2019, 05:00 PM #4
frez0r
Gym leader
Thanks a lot for these saves. I just wish it was possible to unlock the "challenge" trophy with a save.
03-16-2019, 08:56 AM #5
amony1
Rookie
pls make it for US and thx alot

The following user thanked amony1 for this useful post:

Jos-Montiero-Auditore
03-19-2019, 08:00 AM #6
RPGAddict
Little One
Originally posted by FatherComstock View Post

i cant open the extra folder, seems a decrypt key is needed
03-19-2019, 05:36 PM #7
FatherComstock
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by RPGAddict View Post
Originally posted by FatherComstock View Post

i cant open the extra folder, seems a decrypt key is needed

I think I've got it fixed.

The following user thanked FatherComstock for this useful post:

RPGAddict
03-20-2019, 09:16 AM #8
leicabogdan
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by aeneax View Post
Your modded version of the Witness Puzzle solver sounds like a vast improvement over the original. The original's a fantastic piece of work and really helps one figure out why that particular solution IS the solution, while no longer under the stress of a timer (take a screenshot or a picture on your smartphones, kids, then refer to it later), and that greatly helps with getting through to the Pillar room. But let's face it, it's a bit unwieldy to use. I like the sound of your improvements.

so the 13. Challenge save is with no timer? because that is the last i need.
03-20-2019, 03:10 PM #9
aeneax
Nothing To See Here
Originally posted by leicabogdan View Post
Originally posted by aeneax View Post

so the 13. Challenge save is with no timer? because that is the last i need.

Oh, no, sorry for any confusion: The Challenge trophy is always with a timer. There's no way around that. The Challenge save here, while I haven't tested it, is most likely just an end-game save where you're at or near the music box.

What I meant by being able to use the puzzle solvers without the stress of a timer is basically that one of the difficulties of this trophy, particularly if you've used a walkthrough up to this point but even without - since only a handful of the puzzles in the game actually prepare you for the Challenge - is, obviously, the timer. It's not just the timer itself, but the mental stress of knowing you only have a limited amount of time in that whole slew of puzzles. When you're trying to solve each individual puzzle, you're liable to think less clearly on how to do it correctly not just because you're being timed on that particular puzzle, but also because you're thinking "each second I spend not getting this puzzle is screwing me over on the all the puzzles I have left gah gah gah!"

But then, looking at those same puzzles, AFTER the timer has ended, meaning you've lost the challenge, you're no longer under that stress, the puzzles become much more simple. That's what I was referring to, and that's what the Puzzle Solver this is based on has traditionally been used for. But the puzzles disappear so you would need a way to capture their image while the timer is still going.

A good tactic for familiarizing yourself with the Challenge and the puzzles within it is to take a screenshot on a PC hooked up to your PS4, picture with your phone, whatever, of each puzzle you come across as you come across it, then put your phone down and attempt to solve the puzzle in the game, and keep going, taking a new picture of each puzzle. You won't really be thinking as clearly as you should because of that timer and the music, but you'll get some just because they're simple and some people do better on some puzzles than others, you might get some out of luck, and then you'll get to one that you just cannot get past so either it eats up all your time or you decide to reset the timer yourself (pause button, or go back to the record player and turn it off manually).

When the timer has ended, either by itself or because you decided to end it, go back to your phone or whatever has captured the image of the puzzles, pull up the pictures of the ones you had trouble with, and either see if you can do them yourself without luck and instead just by knowing exactly how it works, OR use a puzzle solver like the one in this save set (I used to use the one this is based on but this improved one sounds much easier to work with). Using a puzzle solver, it will do the solution for you, and you then do your best to figure out WHY that solution works. And since with MOST puzzles there is more than one solution, if you want you can even try to see if the puzzle solver could have made a more efficient solution, like sometimes the puzzle solver strangely just makes unnecessary turns when it could make a time-saving straight line - that's when you know you're really getting it, when you're second-guessing the puzzle solver.

I actually laid out all my hints and tips on how to do this trophy - including the usefulness of a puzzle solver - in another thread, so I'll dig that up and link to it below. It's a tough one, and at first it will seem impossible. But if you can get yourself to the pillar room, know then that you can most definitely do it, because the pillar room is pretty much just luck. The right pillar is so easy 3 out of 4 times that you don't even really need to think about it, just draw various lines as fast as you can until one works, just make sure each goes around different blocks / combinations of blocks, and that try-and-fail approach takes LESS time than working out the solution in your head. The left pillar is a bad one but 1 out of 3 possible "starting positions" for the symmetry lines is usually pretty doable, with the only obstacle for that lucky 1 in 3 being mental stress (assuming you have enough time left by that point).

You must login or register to view this content.

Best of luck to you.
03-29-2019, 07:20 PM #10
Pluwka
Haxor!
13. Challenge archive not be download, writtin error. Please upload again
DMCA.com Protection Status This content is certified and protected under DMCA guidelines and any attempt to copy or redistribute this content will be met with a DMCA takedown notice.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo