02-21-2013, 09:07 AM #1
2RAW4THESTREET
The Best who ever lived
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I had to leave my dorm to go out somewhere so I missed part of the press conference. I did however, try to keep up with it by reading tweets on my twitter TL... One thing I am confused on is, did they confirm that the PS4 WILL NOT or WILL be backwards compatible with PS3(or any previous PS System)?

If they said it will not be backwards compatible, would it make more sense for Rockstar to just go ahead and push the release date of GTA V back again in order to release it on PS4/Xbox 720 instead of PS3/360?

The following user thanked 2RAW4THESTREET for this useful post:

shelbyglmr
02-21-2013, 09:57 AM #2
Camacheiro
EA Data Reviewer
Originally posted by milkwithbutter4 View Post
I had to leave my dorm to go out somewhere so I missed part of the press conference. I did however, try to keep up with it by reading tweets on my twitter TL... One thing I am confused on is, did they confirm that the PS4 WILL NOT or WILL be backwards compatible with PS3(or any previous PS System)?

If they said it will not be backwards compatible, would it make more sense for Rockstar to just go ahead and push the release date of GTA V back again in order to release it on PS4/Xbox 720 instead of PS3/360?

Not much was said about it, but for what i understood and egm say here You must login or register to view this content. it looks like it will be.
02-21-2013, 08:16 PM #3
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
I had to leave my dorm to go out somewhere so I missed part of the press conference. I did however, try to keep up with it by reading tweets on my twitter TL... One thing I am confused on is, did they confirm that the PS4 WILL NOT or WILL be backwards compatible with PS3(or any previous PS System)?

Backwards compatible may come in the form of a cloud service. Out of the box no.
02-21-2013, 08:19 PM #4
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity

You must login or register to view this content. Read that mate Smile

The following 2 users say thank you to JP for this useful post:

2RAW4THESTREET, 420
02-21-2013, 11:50 PM #5
2RAW4THESTREET
The Best who ever lived
Originally posted by JP View Post
You must login or register to view this content. Read that mate Smile

Thanks bro. Answered my question.

The following user thanked 2RAW4THESTREET for this useful post:

JP
02-21-2013, 11:55 PM #6
Kidd Cold
**** my Toaster !~!

The part about GTA I was wondering the same thing... I think they do not want to do backward compatible to make money. You either need to keep your ps3 or buy a ps3 or buy a 'digital cloud' copy.
02-21-2013, 11:57 PM #7
also a game like GTV might be released on both platforms ps3/4.
03-07-2020, 08:24 AM #8
Wosley
Discord: Wosley#6447
Closing to prevent spam.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo