Post: Why the PS4 wasn't shown last night and Used Games wont be blocked
02-21-2013, 08:27 PM #1
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony's Worldwide Studies has confirmed to Eurogamer
that the PlayStation 4 will not block used games even though a patent was discovered leading speculators to believe it would happen. We are happy to hear that this is not the case as the locking of a disc to a console would create a lot of problems for consumers who have two or more PlayStation's or want to sell on the game after they have completed it. It is currently unknown what the patent was put through for. You can continue reading this article by clicking You must login or register to view this content.You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by JP ; 02-21-2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Adding an image..
02-21-2013, 08:32 PM #2
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Repairing the damage from the PS3 , showing off the games with many real shiny things. Hardware details can come later along with looks I doubt it final yet too. With the release day within the next couple of months it likely they are down to 3 or so designs.
02-21-2013, 08:34 PM #3
JP
Originally posted by ResistTheQ View Post
Repairing the damage from the PS3 , showing off the games with many real shiny things. Hardware details can come later along with looks I doubt it final yet too. With the release day within the next couple of months it likely they are down to 3 or so designs.

Yeah, it's most likely a hard choice due to the Japanese being so picky on the looks of things. They need to make it stand out and look very aesthetic.
02-21-2013, 08:39 PM #4
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by JP View Post
Yeah, it's most likely a hard choice due to the Japanese being so picky on the looks of things. They need to make it stand out and look very aesthetic.

It more down to pricing issues and overall making sure it does not break. Remember the xbox 360 with it poor cooling system just to get it to market on time. It also one reason why the PS3 took so long to hit the stores that and bluray supply issues.
02-21-2013, 08:45 PM #5
JP
It more down to pricing issues and overall making sure it does not break. Remember the xbox 360 with it poor cooling system just to get it to market on time. It also one reason why the PS3 took so long to hit the stores that and bluray supply issues.

Yeah your right. You mentioning blu-ray has got me thinking, since it wont be backwards compatible and PS3 games are on blu-ray discs, maybe they are using a new disk drive, or perhaps not a disc drive at all? Not one physical game was mentioned in the show!
02-21-2013, 08:48 PM #6
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by JP View Post
Yeah your right. You mentioning blu-ray has got me thinking, since it wont be backwards compatible and PS3 games are on blu-ray discs, maybe they are using a new disk drive, or perhaps not a disc drive at all? Not one physical game was mentioned in the show!

And it E3 not E4
Only error I found so far Smile

Bluray disc drive is on the final spec sheet , couple dudes from eurogamer.net asked a Sony rep.
02-21-2013, 08:49 PM #7
JP
And it E3 not E4
Only error I found so far Smile

Bluray disc drive is on the final spec sheet , couple dudes from eurogamer.net asked a Sony rep.

I'll make sure to change that now, I must have skimmed over that Smile Thanks for spotting!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo