02-21-2013, 08:31 PM #1
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Gaikai has confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will not be backwards compatible, but with the new game streaming service coming with the console, games from the PSone, PS2 and PS3 will be able to be streamed directly to your console when the service is rolled out. You can read more about Gaikai's game streaming service for the PS4 by clicking You must login or register to view this content.
02-21-2013, 09:12 PM #2
So if for example i buy gta 5 and then the new ps4 will it be free to stream on the new ps as i would have already brought it, its a little annoying some great games are on the way but at the same time so is the new console. I hope they think about this and let have previously brought games on ps3 free on ps4 via stream. Maybe the later games will come with codes? Like blu rays with ultra violet codes, its the same principle.
02-21-2013, 09:37 PM #3
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
Originally posted by JP View Post
games from the PSone, PS2 and PS3 will be able to be streamed directly to your console

I think this way is much better anyway, well as long as the prices are reasonable. Ive never been one to "collect" games, i usually just sell em on once ive played. Though i can understand for those who have a big collection of old games.
02-21-2013, 09:41 PM #4
hahaha I love how I said that the PS4 won't be able to run PS3 games itself because it is almost impossible to emulate the CELL processor and everybody called m,e a fgt and said I didn't know what I was talking about. :ha!:
Now everybody knows and they seem fine with it. stare
02-21-2013, 10:03 PM #5
floyd1369
Do a barrel roll!
That BS. I have bought all of these games for the PS3. Now that the PS4 comes out I will have to buy those games again through the PSN to put on my PS4?!? That really sucks. Depends on how the new system looks.... I might not even get one
02-21-2013, 10:43 PM #6
xLew--
Former Staff
ill be getting a ps4 to play next gen games anyways so im not fussed Happy
02-21-2013, 11:39 PM #7
Lord Ike
Error… Cat invasion!
Yeah....knowing Sony, in order to stream your existing PS3 collection on the PlayStation 4, guess what? yup, you will most likely have to purchase a licence to play it again , just like PS2 classics.

But really, unless you love backwards compatibility & you love all in 1 systems, a PlayStation 4 lacking PS3 backwards compatibility wouldn't be a deal breaker by any means at all, i'm solely getting it for PlayStation 4 games and that's that.

Plus, even if the cell chip somehow was within the PS4, i can assure you it would have emulation problems anyway, might as well stick with an actual ps3 system since by the time the PlayStation 4 launches; it will be cheap to buy anyway.
02-21-2013, 11:42 PM #8
hoped backwards compatibility was one of the ps4 features. might still be possible thanks to gaikai
02-21-2013, 11:50 PM #9
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
I think this way is much better anyway, well as long as the prices are reasonable. Ive never been one to "collect" games, i usually just sell em on once ive played. Though i can understand for those who have a big collection of old games.

Yeah it would suck for them people, but this is a good way for Sony to make money on past games easily which is why they do it. A lot of people wont be happy with this, but if you were to speak in terms of money, Sony and developers would lose millions by allowing backwards compatibility. I'd say they will keep the same price range they use for PS1/PS2 games on the Store now.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo