02-22-2013, 03:58 AM #1
Toke
PC Master Race
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ok I am going to be setting the specs on the PS4 straight for some of you people who arn't as knowledgeable about pc parts etc. I am a PC gamer who favorites it over consoles but this is me setting it straight for you kids, i won't be going deep in detail as i'd be here all day just confusing people

It has a 8 core AMD cpu. this doesn't mean its stronger than a quad core that all depends on architecture of the cpu chips. Next Gen Radeon Graphics. I don't know if its 7000s or 8000s i would expect 8000s because they are the next to come out but it is most likely 7000s

8gb of GDDR5. this isn't even comparable to ddr3 ram as GDDR5 is graphical memory. thats whats used in graphics cards so i don't know why so much but its a plus so it is focues on heavy game renders but no regular DDR3 to do multitasking such as opening xmb menu while playing a game etc. that worries me

USB3 thats a great addition even though most people are still on USB2.0

it has the regular things you expect like bluetooth for the controller and mics, wifi, hdmi its still using av cables though for those few without HD tvs even though you can get a nice 22in tv for around $150-$200

have any questions don't message of vm me quote me and i'll respond quickly to explain anything you need help with
Last edited by Toke ; 02-22-2013 at 04:08 AM.

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

Glare
02-22-2013, 04:01 AM #2
Nice, Much better then the old thread with specs stare
02-22-2013, 12:15 PM #3
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Toke View Post
Ok I am going to be setting the specs on the PS4 straight for some of you people who arn't as knowledgeable about pc parts etc. I am a PC gamer who favorites it over consoles but this is me setting it straight for you kids, i won't be going deep in detail as i'd be here all day just confusing people

It has a 8 core AMD cpu. this doesn't mean its stronger than a quad core that all depends on architecture of the cpu chips. Next Gen Radeon Graphics. I don't know if its 7000s or 8000s i would expect 8000s because they are the next to come out but it is most likely 7000s

8gb of GDDR5. this isn't even comparable to ddr3 ram as GDDR5 is graphical memory. thats whats used in graphics cards so i don't know why so much but its a plus so it is focues on heavy game renders but no regular DDR3 to do multitasking such as opening xmb menu while playing a game etc. that worries me

USB3 thats a great addition even though most people are still on USB2.0

it has the regular things you expect like bluetooth for the controller and mics, wifi, hdmi its still using av cables though for those few without HD tvs even though you can get a nice 22in tv for around $150-$200

have any questions don't message of vm me quote me and i'll respond quickly to explain anything you need help with

Arstechnica did a great write up the hardware specs pretty much what you said almost =D
You must login or register to view this content.

What worries me more is the CPU but remember it a console not a PC so more can be pushed from it never going to hit the higher end PC specs.
02-22-2013, 04:00 PM #4
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by ResistTheQ View Post
Arstechnica did a great write up the hardware specs pretty much what you said almost =D
You must login or register to view this content.

What worries me more is the CPU but remember it a console not a PC so more can be pushed from it never going to hit the higher end PC specs.

i looked them up and i talked about it so kids don't say it has 8 cores so its stronger. i am fully aware of that but not the article
02-22-2013, 05:27 PM #5
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Toke View Post
i looked them up and i talked about it so kids don't say it has 8 cores so its stronger. i am fully aware of that but not the article

But new console and everybody and their nan becomes hardware expert bro!!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo