03-04-2013, 03:24 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What are the chances of PS4 being jailbroken? Will sony tie their security around ECDSA? Just been wondering
03-04-2013, 12:09 PM #11
Originally posted by 23 View Post
What are the chances of PS4 being jailbroken? Will sony tie their security around ECDSA? Just been wondering

This is a very complicated question. I do believe that along the 10 year life cycle, the PS4 will have jailbreak like features like with 3.41 USB dongle jailbreaks or even the PS vita PSP emulation technique. A full fledged CFW will not be be possible I'm afraid. Sony is not going to do the same mistake again. They had the security in the PS3 to beat all CFWs from happening, they just didn't implement it very well until 3.56+ FWs.

They are going to take their beloved idea of "craming everything in the bootloader with ECDSA encryption and add security on top of that. The only hope is that they focus on making the holy grail of software security that they slip up on the hardware side again but I don't see this happening.

P.S.- To get something out there for some people, hacking is NOT evil in nature and not bad at all. The PS3 getting hacked did not ruin the system at all. The modding that was able to take place because of it is what people really have a problem with. Giving linux support and allowing people to get nice code experience are all good thing of hacking. Modding is a weird area that has ethical consequences to it, like godmode vs unofficial patches or added levels. But that's a whole different cake :P

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
well im guessing a lot of devs are gonna be having a crack at it. Theres always a way in.

Look at the vita, that was exploited pretty quickly

See that's the kind of exploit I see in the PS4 BUT that exploit only came from the Vita emulating the PSP and the PS4 will not emulate the PS3 so it is up in the air until it comes out. Also, one thing that kept a lot of developers off exploiting the PS3 at first was the huge price point, don't wanna brick the $650 machine Smile

The following 2 users say thank you to Pseudo_Soldier for this useful post:

Machiavelli_23, xkoeckiiej
03-04-2013, 12:10 PM #12
Wretch 32
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by dtfiikfjkrfy View Post
oii you ugly dicks come fight me and ill knock you out pussys. little batty boy gamers

Ahaha funny kid.

Originally posted by 23 View Post
What are the chances of PS4 being jailbroken? Will sony tie their security around ECDSA? Just been wondering

I dont think there will be as sony will try harder trying to make the PS4 "UNHACKABLE" but if so, It will take alot off time to get a jailbreak.

The following user thanked Wretch 32 for this useful post:

Machiavelli_23
03-04-2013, 12:56 PM #13
BlackReaperHD
CocainMatrixx
I think in the first Time will nothing happen, but i hope that Team Rebug & Rogero will work on it.... and hopefully without hardware flasher but let us be happe thath they release the ps 4 this year Happy

The following user thanked BlackReaperHD for this useful post:

Machiavelli_23
03-04-2013, 01:21 PM #14
Lamputt
Space Ninja
ok, i truly believe that both nextgen consoles will be exploited. However i think the xbox 720 will be the first to get hacked.
As Delboy said all devs out there will be all looking to crack the ps4.

The following 3 users say thank you to Lamputt for this useful post:

Keomo, Machiavelli_23, TG5112
03-04-2013, 02:30 PM #15
There is one possible thing that will lead to a PS4 being cracked and exploited, it is built on x86 code which is PC code. It's not some Sony proprietary format system. So it is possible just highly unlikely.

The following 2 users say thank you to Pseudo_Soldier for this useful post:

RTE Modz, xkoeckiiej
03-04-2013, 02:44 PM #16
nay1995
The Master
i think people will be looking for flaws almost instantly on sonys new product and i cant see sony moving away from the encryption they know, yes they will use ECDSA, but this cannot be used for every aspect of the system, in my opinion the firmware will most likely get cracked in the future but sony wont leave flaws in there code allowing the exploits we see today.

The following user thanked nay1995 for this useful post:

Machiavelli_23
03-04-2013, 09:39 PM #17
DinoFreak
I'm le back
Originally posted by HAYSTACKMOBBIN View Post
Cool story bro lol Smile

That phrase is getting a little bit old.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Originally posted by bLiTz View Post
Can I have your ps4 if that happens? :p

It's an expresion, not to be taken literally.
03-04-2013, 09:51 PM #18
Spongebob.
I defeated!
I don't think Sony's gonna make the same mistake twice and the PS4 will probably have hardcore anti-jailbreak security in it.
03-04-2013, 09:58 PM #19
Mr.Kane
Greatness
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
well im guessing a lot of devs are gonna be having a crack at it. Theres always a way in.

Look at the vita, that was exploited pretty quickly

I doubt the vita had the attention for security the PS4 will have or even the PS3 had, portable devices seem to be exploited a lot easier than actual consoles. I don't know if I am correct or not but I think the vita used the same sort of system as the PSP? So this contributed to it's state a lot, I don't see sony making this same mistake twice.

I do think that the PS4 will have some form of exploit to it, whether that be a fully fledged CFW or just simple things like not having to update the firmware and still being able to sign in to PSN, like the proxy trick that used to work (not sure if it still does but there hasnt been an update to the ps3 in ages anyway)

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo