04-27-2013, 04:13 PM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); We are now seeing examples of why the Sony PS4 console could really become the next gen era for gaming. There are many fans who are excited about the 8GB of GDDR5 RAM coming their way, however Mark Cerny, a system architect, has revealed details of the upcoming PS4 and how it will bring fans reduced loading times.

If you didn’t understand what was being said at the PS4 event about the new features of the PS4, in short it allows you to begin playing games while they are being downloaded. This feature has now been confirmed as Sony PlayGo. This makes full use of the PC based x86 architecture which is able to detect the game you are downloading and then allows the game to being playing while the console continues to download the game to the hard drive of the console.

This of course is superb news for anyone that will enjoy their experience of the PS4 with digital game downloads. If you are downloading something that is 4GB the PlayGo system would allow you to begin playing with just a part of the game downloaded.

This means that you would not be faced with the issue of long patch installs before you could start to play the game. Fans of Battlefield know about the issue of patch installs. The PS4 comes with a secondary chip which handles the patches along with updated for the system.

One of the downsides to the PlayGo system is that fans have to install games to the hard drive. However this hasn’t actually been confirmed as being 100% yet. Gamers can of course play games from Blu-Ray discs, however Cerny said that when a game is installed on the hard drive, gamers would notice dramatically quicker loading times along with some tryly high speed streaming.

We are very impressed that we will be able to say goodbye to the long and painful download and patch time that are currently on the PS3. We are hoping that we will see at demo on the system at the E3, which would give us a better idea as to how it works.

You must login or register to view this content.

-----

More hype, installing to hdd i will be doing this will all my games, less strain on the bluray laser and faster load times cant go wrong with that! thats if its confirmed..

I do my downloading over night so ill give the new system a go when i get the chance and see how downloading a chunk of data and then playing actually feels. Hopefully it does reduce framerate etc.

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

Hadenkin
04-28-2013, 01:11 PM #2
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
The only thing is the internet speed needed to avail of this. My internet isn't near fast enough :(
04-28-2013, 02:24 PM #3
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
The only issue, as the man above said is the internet speed every use has access to. But anyways, the console specs and features are great.
04-28-2013, 02:25 PM #4
Originally posted by Darth
The only thing is the internet speed needed to avail of this. My internet isn't near fast enough

I hear ya there man. I only get 1.5mb/s download speed. Although I do download a lot of games onto my ps3 it takes awhile. I had to up the HDD from a 250gb to a 750gb because I ran outta room. Smile On the PS4, depending on how big the stock HDD is, I may swap it our for a larger SSD and make it truly next gen. (Also I plan to save a little money by buying the smallest HDD PS4 possible and installing my extra 250gb I have lying around before the SSD).
04-28-2013, 02:28 PM #5
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
Originally posted by partypoker15 View Post
I hear ya there man. I only get 1.5mb/s download speed. Although I do download a lot of games onto my ps3 it takes awhile. I had to up the HDD from a 250gb to a 750gb because I ran outta room. Smile On the PS4, depending on how big the stock HDD is, I may swap it our for a larger SSD and make it truly next gen. (Also I plan to save a little money by buying the smallest HDD PS4 possible and installing my extra 250gb I have lying around before the SSD).

I have a 1TB internal I installed into my PS3 so hopefully the PS4 will stick with 2.5's and I will be able to use that.
04-28-2013, 09:01 PM #6
Oc
****ING NINJA SHIT
I know games with downlaod in background feature for years, this isnt really the new "era" of gaming, at all.
05-01-2013, 04:29 AM #7
Immaculate.
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by xLew
We are now seeing examples of why the Sony PS4 console could really become the next gen era for gaming. There are many fans who are excited about the 8GB of GDDR5 RAM coming their way, however Mark Cerny, a system architect, has revealed details of the upcoming PS4 and how it will bring fans reduced loading times.

If you didn’t understand what was being said at the PS4 event about the new features of the PS4, in short it allows you to begin playing games while they are being downloaded. This feature has now been confirmed as Sony PlayGo. This makes full use of the PC based x86 architecture which is able to detect the game you are downloading and then allows the game to being playing while the console continues to download the game to the hard drive of the console.

This of course is superb news for anyone that will enjoy their experience of the PS4 with digital game downloads. If you are downloading something that is 4GB the PlayGo system would allow you to begin playing with just a part of the game downloaded.

This means that you would not be faced with the issue of long patch installs before you could start to play the game. Fans of Battlefield know about the issue of patch installs. The PS4 comes with a secondary chip which handles the patches along with updated for the system.

One of the downsides to the PlayGo system is that fans have to install games to the hard drive. However this hasn’t actually been confirmed as being 100% yet. Gamers can of course play games from Blu-Ray discs, however Cerny said that when a game is installed on the hard drive, gamers would notice dramatically quicker loading times along with some tryly high speed streaming.

We are very impressed that we will be able to say goodbye to the long and painful download and patch time that are currently on the PS3. We are hoping that we will see at demo on the system at the E3, which would give us a better idea as to how it works.

You must login or register to view this content.

-----

More hype, installing to hdd i will be doing this will all my games, less strain on the bluray laser and faster load times cant go wrong with that! thats if its confirmed..

I do my downloading over night so ill give the new system a go when i get the chance and see how downloading a chunk of data and then playing actually feels. Hopefully it does reduce framerate etc.

Thanks for the info brother!
05-02-2013, 10:13 PM #8
Hopefully it's a 1 TB hard drive but they will have to make it pretty big to keep in line with the new click a play feature where there will be not waiting and an instant game launch.
05-02-2013, 11:17 PM #9
yea, having a good internet speed would be great with this, mine is a tad slow, but ill love this on the ps4
05-03-2013, 02:00 AM #10
6652nicholas
Bounty hunter
this is going to be awesome!

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo