Post: You guys think with the ps4 out sony will not care about the ps3?
05-21-2013, 12:18 AM #1
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); In my case i think they will because the security of the ps4 might be around the same as the ps3
unless the remake the whole thing into a more complex security than it is at the time
so no cfw for a long time and if there is one on the future im sure you will get banned on the first 24 hours once you have it!
05-21-2013, 12:33 AM #2
K3ViNPwNz-
Little One
They will still be releasing games kinda like they still do for ps2.
05-21-2013, 12:51 AM #3
Gandalf
Gandalf the Orange
You don't kill a cash crop for the next in line.
They will be supporting PS3 for years to come.
No doubt about it.

Security issues or not... simple math involved.
Not everybody will be able to buy a PS4 within the first 3yrs.
Not all game producers will be able to port their current projects to PS4... so they will continue to release for PS3.

I do not think the transition will be any different than PS2 to PS3.

Besides... PS4 not being backwards compatible, almost ensures that the PS3 will be supported for the immediate future.

The following user thanked Gandalf for this useful post:

xJoshyx
05-21-2013, 01:44 AM #4
xLew--
Former Staff
they will until its dead, its down to the developers to keep games coming out for the ps3. after a while once theres no money to be mad they'll stop supporting it, but that'll be after a few years
05-21-2013, 09:09 AM #5
Yeah course they will,posts above pretty much nail it on the head,plus the ps2 had a good life cycle,I can imagine the ps3 will be around for a good time to come.
05-21-2013, 09:34 AM #6
Sony will continue to care as long as it makes them money and believe me the PS3 will continue to make them money for a good years years after the PS4 comes out. :p
05-21-2013, 09:39 AM #7
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Just because we got a new console won't mean a free lunch people also forget we did have a time before CFW.
05-21-2013, 01:29 PM #8
jamesbond006
Do a barrel roll!
It will be same as with PS2 when PS3 came out. Games will continue to come out but much worse graphics and everything then on new console.
05-21-2013, 01:42 PM #9
socia
Gym leader
Originally posted by another user
You don't kill a cash crop for the next in line.
They will be supporting PS3 for years to come.
No doubt about it.

Security issues or not... simple math involved.
Not everybody will be able to buy a PS4 within the first 3yrs.
Not all game producers will be able to port their current projects to PS4... so they will continue to release for PS3.

I do not think the transition will be any different than PS2 to PS3.

Besides... PS4 not being backwards compatible, almost ensures that the PS3 will be supported for the immediate future.

i just wanted to second what gandalf said and also add that the ps2 was supported for 13 years, thats 7 years into the ps3 life cycle. your going to see support for the ps3 for a very long time. game developers are going to get every cent they can to insure their games success across all platforms. more platforms = more games sold = more profit.
05-21-2013, 09:47 PM #10
Xcesar1911X
Who’s Jim Erased?
Oh I see!
Double generation released games like the ones that are coming next, BF4, AC Black flag, GTA maybe, and watch dogs
Thank you for the info, !

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo