Post: Will there be a New/Fresh Network on the Playstation 4?
05-27-2013, 04:12 AM #1
Kratos_
Blizzard Fails
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Not sure if this has been addressed by Sony.

Will the Ps4 offer a brand new Network/Esn? I was thinking about this and I'm wondering if we will be able to create OG ESNs. Imagine how many inactive ESNs there are. People will struggle to make descent ESNs since so many will be taken.

Any news on this?
05-27-2013, 04:16 AM #2
Dman93
Crawl to your cross
Originally posted by Kratos
Not sure if this has been addressed by Sony.

Will the Ps4 offer a brand new Network/Esn? I was thinking about this and I'm wondering if we will be able to create OG ESNs. Imagine how many inactive ESNs there are. People will struggle to make descent ESNs since so many will be taken.

Any news on this?

They haven't gave any news on this apart from the ability to use your real name as your psn. You can see here You must login or register to view this content.

But underneath you can see he has a psn as well so.

The following user thanked Dman93 for this useful post:

Kratos_
05-27-2013, 04:16 AM #3
Astro Zombie
professional lurker
I'm personally hoping to be able to create a new account but also tie my PS3 psn to the new one.
05-27-2013, 05:29 AM #4
Kratos_
Blizzard Fails
Originally posted by Astro
I'm personally hoping to be able to create a new account but also tie my PS3 psn to the new one.

I'm hoping this as well.
05-27-2013, 05:50 AM #5
It would be crazy if they didnt create a new network all together.
05-27-2013, 06:51 AM #6
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
I bet the system will be that users with their old account will be able to register and reserve their usernames and that then those who don't do this will still be able to link their PS3 accounts but will have to choose a new name.

Basically, you have the chance to save your old account name. If you don't, then when PS4 comes out you will be able to register for your new PSN name and then link your old account to it. That way your old information now ports your ranks on over but people see you as your name and your new PSN name.

My only guess as it seems logical.
05-27-2013, 07:08 AM #7
I hope they let you use your email/password from the PS3 and keep the trophy stats and stuff but let you choose a new ID or keep your old one. I think that would be a nice option. But who knows they might just keep everything the same.
05-27-2013, 08:55 AM #8
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Kratos
Not sure if this has been addressed by Sony.

Any news on this?

i think you have ESN mixed up with PSN (PlayStation Network) furthermore its SEN now (Sony Entertainment Network).

im sure it'll be the same network, it'll just feel different due to the User Interface on the PS4

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Originally posted by Pichu View Post
I bet the system will be that users with their old account will be able to register and reserve their usernames and that then those who don't do this will still be able to link their PS3 accounts but will have to choose a new name.

Basically, you have the chance to save your old account name. If you don't, then when PS4 comes out you will be able to register for your new PSN name and then link your old account to it. That way your old information now ports your ranks on over but people see you as your name and your new PSN name.

My only guess as it seems logical.

it'll work like ps vita. you login with you SEN details and then you'll have the option to link up facebook etc then you will have the option to use your online id of the SEN account ir to use your real name which will come i think from the account link from facebook.

Originally posted by Stone View Post
I hope they let you use your email/password from the PS3 and keep the trophy stats and stuff but let you choose a new ID or keep your old one. I think that would be a nice option. But who knows they might just keep everything the same.

as i just said above to the other user, it'll be the same login details as you use in the ps3 as its a SEN account, its liek we done with out ps vita's.

Originally posted by Astro

whats going to happen is what ive said above, i cant see it going down a different path tbh or there was no point changing PSN to SEN and then just cutting it off at PS4

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

SONY
05-27-2013, 11:55 AM #9
-Skyline
Anonymous
PSN isn't that old, there's no way they would create an entirely new network for the PS4.

It will still be PSN but-revamped and buffed up.

I think people are just hoping to get OG ID's on release :dumb:
05-27-2013, 12:03 PM #10
Hickey
League Champion
Microsoft aint done it why would sony ? Ps vita is new and you sync your ps3 details, and they said ps vita will have a role with the ps4

The following user thanked Hickey for this useful post:

xLew--

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo