Post: 'Free' PS Plus edition of DriveClub is "the full game"
06-13-2013, 09:17 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ben Gouldstone, senior designer on DriveClub, has revealed that the free edition of the game that comes with PS Plus on PS4 is, "the full game".

You must login or register to view this content.

Ben Gouldstone, senior designer on You must login or register to view this content., has revealed that the free edition of the game that comes with PS Plus on You must login or register to view this content. is, "the full game".
'Free' PS Plus edition of DriveClub is "the full game"

Obviously 'free' is relative term considering you're paying for a PS Plus subscription but as Sony has confirmed You must login or register to view this content., this sort of thing can only sweeten the deal.

"The way we're looking at it is we want to deliver the greatest community based game we can. So, being tied in with having the PS Plus edition allows us to deliver that content bang on day one with DriveClub," explains Gouldstone. "It's not going to be trimmed down in terms of features, the only thing that's going to be reigned in is the amount of content delivered in the PS Plus edition. But in terms of the feature set it's the full game. It's Drive Club, you get it with PS Plus".

So there you go. While you might have to pay to play online now Sony are giving away games. And good one's too.

Thanks You must login or register to view this content.

EDIT: The PS Plus edition of DriveClub, revealed yesterday, will – according to Evolution – be the full version of the game in terms of features and mechanics.

However, it will launch with a cut-back number of tracks and cars.

----

To me it Sounds like there will be less cars/tracks in the PS+ version, which could/will mean micro-transactions available for the user to buy things from the store.

Still though who can complain about free games!
Last edited by xLew-- ; 06-13-2013 at 10:25 AM.

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

Soldier.
06-13-2013, 09:35 AM #2
Soldier.
The Legend
Originally posted by xLew
Ben Gouldstone, senior designer on DriveClub, has revealed that the free edition of the game that comes with PS Plus on PS4 is, "the full game".

Ben Gouldstone, senior designer on You must login or register to view this content., has revealed that the free edition of the game that comes with PS Plus on You must login or register to view this content. is, "the full game".
[h=2]'Free' PS Plus edition of DriveClub is "the full game"[/h]Obviously 'free' is relative term considering you're paying for a PS Plus subscription but as Sony has confirmed You must login or register to view this content., this sort of thing can only sweeten the deal.

"The way we're looking at it is we want to deliver the greatest community based game we can. So, being tied in with having the PS Plus edition allows us to deliver that content bang on day one with DriveClub," explains Gouldstone. "It's not going to be trimmed down in terms of features, the only thing that's going to be reigned in is the amount of content delivered in the PS Plus edition. But in terms of the feature set it's the full game. It's Drive Club, you get it with PS Plus".

So there you go. While you might have to pay to play online now Sony are giving away games. And good one's too.

----

To me it Sounds like there will be less cars/tracks in the PS+ version, which could/will mean micro-transactions available for the user to buy things from the store.

You can't complain about that! ha!

Looks like we're in for a few treats right? Everything that I've seen so far heavily outweighs the ps+ price tag, for around the same price (or cheaper) as one game you're getting to play online and getting 100s of pounds/dollars/euros worth of content.

I hope people can see that this is a great deal they're bringing us, because I've seen a lot of whining about having to pay extra. I see one simple equation;

price of 1 game = 1 year of ps+/playing online + a lot more than just 1 game to download + discounts and free themes/avatars.

Keep it coming!

The following user thanked Soldier. for this useful post:

xLew--
06-13-2013, 09:38 AM #3
nay1995
The Master
Originally posted by xLew
Ben Gouldstone, senior designer on DriveClub, has revealed that the free edition of the game that comes with PS Plus on PS4 is, "the full game".

[h=2]'Free' PS Plus edition of DriveClub is "the full game"[/h]Obviously 'free' is relative term considering you're paying for a PS Plus subscription but as Sony has confirmed You must login or register to view this content., this sort of thing can only sweeten the deal.

----

this is brilliant by sony, your basically getting your money back for ps plus on the day of release, what an epic idea <3 drive club looks brilliant, all i can say is im going to be bankrupt at the end of this year :y:

The following user thanked nay1995 for this useful post:

Phobia
06-13-2013, 10:07 AM #4
Nickolas47
Vault dweller
No complaining but the said that the psplus edition will be slightly different from the normal edition maybe we wont get the full features
06-13-2013, 10:23 AM #5
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Nickolas47 View Post
No complaining but the said that the psplus edition will be slightly different from the normal edition maybe we wont get the full features

its been confirmed less cars and tracks
06-13-2013, 12:26 PM #6
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
It is good as we won't have so many available games at first, it will be good for distraction or however you gonna call it. I was not going to buy it anyways, have a lot of titles in my mind (and list) to purchase together with the PS4 at first or when they are released.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo