Post: [Rumour] Sony Planning To Allow Users To Hide Trophies
06-21-2013, 09:09 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Rumour has it that Sony are planning to let users hide their Trophy counts and lists, something that probably should have been an option a long time ago. Not everyone wants everyone else to know what games they’re playing and when, and privacy options are something Microsoft have been particularly good at with the Xbox 360.

The seeds of this rumour come from a “You must login or register to view this content.” and a few snippets of code apparently found in the latest firmware, the pulled (and rather dodgy) 4.45.

We’ve learned from a well-placed source that Sony will introduce more extensive privacy options with the PS4, notably the ability to hide portions of your gaming activity akin to Xbox Live. This has been a requested feature for some time, and quite frankly it’s surprising it hasn’t already been added.

As our source points out, there’s already concrete evidence that points to the inclusion of these privacy features starting in PS3 firmware 4.45. If you do a little digging, API endpoints for “set_privacy_level” and “get_privacy_level” can be found under specific PSN trophy functions. Additionally, all endpoints for grabbing trophy data have been prefixed with “_privacy”.

Given the functionality already seems to be implemented at a network and firmware level, it’s possible we may see these features surface in a later PS3 firmware in the coming months, but if not, when the PS4 drops later this holiday season is a likely bet.

4.45 also offered users the option to hide Trophy notifications, something that can be particularly distracting and are something that at least one developer, You must login or register to view this content. developer Quantic Dream head David Cage, You must login or register to view this content. during a game at all.

You must login or register to view this content.

The following 5 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

ATypicalSe7en, Immaculate., Keomo, Soldier.,
06-21-2013, 10:14 AM #2
malik22987
Bounty hunter
I just want a delete trophy feature, it bugs me to have trophies from sh*t games after trying them on my account. But I've learnt from my mistake and now try new games on a blank PS3 user. I still have the trophies installed that were played and mistakenly synced.

The only way I lived with that is giving up my original account and creating a new one, but with a delete trophy feature I can resurrect my old original account. But the hide trophy feature might be useful for other people, but still isn't good enough for me.

And what I hate the most, is when people say "it's just trophies, it doesn't matter", etc. If it doesn't matter, then it wouldn't bloody hurt to add the delete feature. You won't have to use it, but it would be very useful for me. And if you can't complete a game and decide to delete the whole trophy set, who cares, its your account! You should be able to do whatever you want with your account.

However, if developers had a way to add "Install trophy set" option in their games instead of installing trophies automatically it would be a good way to bypass Sony's no delete trophy ability.
06-21-2013, 10:26 AM #3
xLew--
Former Staff
deleting trophies would be a mistake i'd say, what happens is someone manages to get onto your account and does something malicious like delete you whole trophy list. now that would be devastating wouldn't you agree? they should how ever enable us to delete games with 0% like xbox

The following 2 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

Hadenkin, Keomo
06-21-2013, 01:14 PM #4
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
I want to hide the games that were installed in my PS3 by friends that I don't use, so it only appears the games I have Platinum and I actually play.
This whole privacy thing is because the console is now more social than ever so, I understand they do this. However, if the console is sooo social, why would you even hide what you are playing? It's kinda of silly.

The following user thanked Hadenkin for this useful post:

Keomo
06-21-2013, 03:08 PM #5
DEREKTROTTER
You're Goddamn Right
Like in the screen above "Henry Bale"
Im hoping we dont have to show our real name to everyone, thats just stupid imo. Should be optional for privacy
06-21-2013, 03:27 PM #6
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by DEREKTROTTER View Post
Like in the screen above "Henry Bale"
Im hoping we dont have to show our real name to everyone, thats just stupid imo. Should be optional for privacy

I read somewhere that that is actually supposed to be an option. Users will be granted permissions to either show their names or instead replace their visible names with their username. It's supposed to have different options such as "Show to All, Show to Friends, Don't Show".

That's from what I understand.
06-21-2013, 03:54 PM #7
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by xLew
deleting trophies would be a mistake i'd say, what happens is someone manages to get onto your account and does something malicious like delete you whole trophy list. now that would be devastating wouldn't you agree? they should how ever enable us to delete games with 0% like xbox

That would be bad, but you also have to understand that for a plentiful amount of games, you get trophies simply from viewing the intro... if you want to control you trophy count and the amount of games with a low percentage, do research on the game your getting first to minimize that and prevent you having do clean the dust on your account, nobody wants trophies from a shitty/farmy game am i right?

Originally posted by Hadenkin View Post
I want to hide the games that were installed in my PS3 by friends that I don't use, so it only appears the games I have Platinum and I actually play.
This whole privacy thing is because the console is now more social than ever so, I understand they do this. However, if the console is sooo social, why would you even hide what you are playing? It's kinda of silly.

Well with it being all social i suppose that its imperative that people can hide what trophies they have or what games they play from certain individuals, even as we speak i have a few people riding me and my account, always checking out what games im playing or what plats im getting, its annoying, and to make matters worse i know one of those people in real life, so please do try to reevaluate how important privacy is. I cannot comprehend why someone would have that much free time. I only plat the games to get bragging rights anyway if someone wants to say im trash at X game i can say "You are wrong sir, because sony says otherwise"

Originally posted by Pichu View Post
I read somewhere that that is actually supposed to be an option. Users will be granted permissions to either show their names or instead replace their visible names with their username. It's supposed to have different options such as "Show to All, Show to Friends, Don't Show".

That's from what I understand.

Oh yes it is very optional iirc, i wonder how many people will actually sync with facebook, its such a ridiculous feature, other people in the world don't need to know that you play games, that your playing a game, or what game your playing, i thought the only people that would really care are your friends, that is if they are interested in what you are interested in.
06-21-2013, 04:08 PM #8
madrid112
Do a barrel roll!
probz that feature will be useful to some users
06-21-2013, 05:02 PM #9
Sick_aSS_FoO
Dirty Mexican
I wonder if they added a feature where you could transfer trophies from a different account to your "new account"
Because imean i have an old account that is about level 12 on trophies and well i created a new one its level 8 but i would love if i could just transfer my trophies from my old account to my new one ...
06-21-2013, 05:09 PM #10
DarkPassenger
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by FoO View Post
I wonder if they added a feature where you could transfer trophies from a different account to your "new account"
Because imean i have an old account that is about level 12 on trophies and well i created a new one its level 8 but i would love if i could just transfer my trophies from my old account to my new one ..

And someone gets into your account and transfers all your trophies to his. That would be awesome right?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo