08-17-2013, 09:36 PM #1
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Last year Sony made $100 million from PS+ , XBL on the other hand has got $1.25 Billion.
It's very easy to see why Sony decided to put PSN behind a paywall. XBL income has also been steady for some time with making $1 billion last year. Overall income from XBL is about $4.7bn in subscription fees, the service started in 2002.
Of course this is only an estimate from analyst firm IHS Electronics and Media. Note the estimate is for 2017 they believe it going to become stable like XBL has been.
Sony made be facing heavy competition but the firm believes the gaming part of the company is looking good.

The following user thanked ResistTheSun for this useful post:

F l e x
08-17-2013, 10:07 PM #2
SeanVII
Little One
yeah what shoes said stare

The following user thanked SeanVII for this useful post:

08-18-2013, 02:10 AM #3
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
I don't think it will go up that high... since on Xbox, you have to have Xbox Live gold membership per account and for the Playstation, you just need one account to have access to online service for all the accounts. Also, Xbox Live service cost more per month than Playstation I think.
Last edited by Joel ; 08-18-2013 at 02:13 AM.
08-18-2013, 02:14 AM #4
xIDAFG
Banned
Originally posted by Shoes.
RTS i must correct you back here:
"Sony may be facing heavy competition"
There is no competition for Sony, and it never was. With the release of PS4 over a few months, Xbox one/xbox 360 are finished.
At least thats my point of view :p
But thanks for the news.

I Like Your Point Of View!! That's True...

The following user thanked xIDAFG for this useful post:

08-18-2013, 02:48 AM #5
Jango
I love my kitteh
It seems to me that all the people into gaming is getting the ps4. Many of the casual people are getting the xbox one.

The following user thanked Jango for this useful post:

08-18-2013, 11:52 AM #6
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
Originally posted by Shoes.
RTS i must correct you back here:
"Sony may be facing heavy competition"
There is no competition for Sony, and it never was. With the release of PS4 over a few months, Xbox one/xbox 360 are finished.
At least thats my point of view :p
But thanks for the news.

Winky Winky
Mobile gaming
PC gaming
Other consoles
Too soon to rule out the xbox one remember the PS3 ?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo