THREAD: The PS4 And Launch Model Problems And Faults
  1. 11-16-2013, 12:44 AM
    Mr Ruffers
    Treasure hunter
    Mr Ruffers
    Treasure hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    I was hesitant about posting this article, due to a couple of comments in this thread, however some awesome PS3HaX members suggested i should :p
    After all it is important to make people aware of the faults with release day consoles and other retails which had problems due to Firmware updates.also i read theres a new BLOD (blue light of death) that is causing some system's to be sent back for repairs.

IGN’s Retail PS4 Stops Outputting Via HDMI After A User Started Downloading From Netflix

Kotaku Has Problem With Their PS4 ( Faulty HDMI Port )

PS4 Purchaser illicit_28 has a DOA Machine From Wallmart

Klueso-007 With A Post On His Broken PS4 On The Official US PS Website

Dylx From NeoGaf With Bricked Console After Attempting To Update

WhosCalvin From twitter With A DOA machine From Taco Bell

Dan Thier From Forbes With A Faulty HDMI

arogon Posted On Reddit About His PS4 Problems With A Machine From Taco Bell
    He Posts A Video On Wednesday That Sony Wont Fix The Problem Until Friday

RynoRocks With A faulty PS4 From Taco Bell

sepansk4 From YouTube With Graphics/HDMI Problem Which He Got From Taco Bell

coryclimaldi From Twitter With A Faulty PS4 From Taco Bell

schwabdizzle From Reddit Reporting Of A Very Loud PS4 When Playing With Disc

JanMarcGueits With PS4 Bought From Best Buy Has HDMI Problems

YouTube User seanmcc09 With Red Light Error After Trying To Update Firmware

You Can Find Numerous Errors Here On This Pastebin Link

PS3HaX Member DjKlown Having Display Issues

PS3HaX Member kiwikev77 With Over Heating Problems

Other Problems:
    PSN Server Problems info from You must login or register to view this content.
    Last edited by Mr Ruffers ; 11-16-2013 at 01:33 AM.

2. The Following User Thanked Mr Ruffers For This Useful Post:

3. The Following 2 Users Groaned At Mr Ruffers For This Awful Post:

4. 11-16-2013, 02:14 PM
    Mr Ruffers
    Treasure hunter
    Mr Ruffers
    Treasure hunter
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by xLew View Post
    I meant 0.01% yep fucking lovely roll on release day! Glad you lot got it first should be a nice launch for us in the EU Smile

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

im from the uk ....ive not got one yet but from the look of all these simple fails from a company that makes computers tvs dvds etc etc this is a joke ..i will sit bak for the 1st year no rush by the looks of things
  5. 11-16-2013, 02:44 PM
    xLew--
    Former Staff
    xLew--
    Former Staff
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by mr View Post
    im from the uk ....ive not got one yet but from the look of all these simple fails from a company that makes computers tvs dvds etc etc this is a joke ..i will sit bak for the 1st year no rush by the looks of things

Lol you cannot make something that will 100% work without a single fault at the huge amounts they've produced them at. But cool enjoy your wait.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xLew-- For This Useful Post:

7. 11-16-2013, 04:46 PM
    Porter_Justice
    Cake is a lie
    Porter_Justice
    Cake is a lie
    NextGenUpdate
    Two of those issues in particular had to do with simply pushing down a pin in the HDMI port.

As I stated in another thread, if you're trying to convince yourself to wait, I'd do it because of lack of must haves right now and the fact that unless you had preorder you ain't getting one right now even if you wanted to.

I don't know who came up with this idea anyway that waiting months is better because the system bricking hardware issues will be gone as if 1/10th of all launch consoles brick or something. I file it in the , "I'll wait until it's cheaper next Xmas" line of rationale.
    Last edited by Porter_Justice ; 11-16-2013 at 05:24 PM.

8. The Following User Thanked Porter_Justice For This Useful Post:

9. 11-16-2013, 05:04 PM
    skaterboy16
    < ^ > < ^ >
    skaterboy16
    < ^ > < ^ >
    NextGenUpdate
    the units are built by robots and humans so not everything will be done 100% some leave with errors as they are rushed out by mistake or you got the lazy guy who did nis job half ass so saying your going to wait a year is kinda dumb as a year later you will still have the same issues
  10. 11-16-2013, 05:08 PM
    xShadow
    Pr0n ftw
    xShadow
    Pr0n ftw
    NextGenUpdate
    Z

out of millions you only have these. yeah im cool id buy a few if i could with no worries.

failure rate is said to be 0.01% thats good enough for me. maybe if it was 20% or higher then it would be a cause of concern.

There's way more than 0.01%, read all the amazon reviews You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.
    You must login or register to view this content.
    They seem to be damaged during shipping, however I don't know the number of people they shipped to so I could tell you the real number of damaged PS4s compared to working PS4s.
  11. 11-16-2013, 05:12 PM
    Kidd Cold
    **** my Toaster !~!
    Kidd Cold
    **** my Toaster !~!
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by xShadow View Post
    There's way more than 0.01%, read all the amazon reviews You must login or register to view this content. You must login or register to view this content.
    They seem to be damaged during shipping, however I don't the number of people who they shipped so I could tell you the real number of damaged PS4s compared to working PS4s.

Mine is broke... But, it worked out of the box; unlike the majority of other people on Amazon. I shut it down (all the way) and went to turn it on later and the light just pulses blue. Really sucks because you know it is going to take a long time for them to receive the system then ship it back.
  12. 11-16-2013, 05:19 PM
    xLew--
    Former Staff
    xLew--
    Former Staff
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by xShadow View Post
    They seem to be damaged during shipping, however I don't know the number of people they shipped to so I could tell you the real number of damaged PS4s compared to working PS4s.

Damage due to shipping isn't sonys fault. That's the difference.

13. 11-16-2013, 05:24 PM
    iTruceFret
    [move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
    iTruceFret
    [move]From now on, call me DRAGON.[/move]
    NextGenUpdate
    Listen you dumbfounded, ignorant children. There were how many units sold? Millions. Out of those millions, .4% had issues. You seriously think there wouldn't be any issues? You know what the next consoles are going to have? Not as many problems because 1: with something brand new, there is always a chance of issues.
    2: you're stupid if by thinking you can wait, you won't miss out.
    3: the problems always get fixed and with a 1 year manufactures warranty, who gives a flying fuck?

I'm sorry to see a lot of people 'holding out until later' because you think these systems are broken. My PS4 is flawless. It runs exceptionally well, and I have zero problems out of it since I've had it. And believe me, I've ran that bitch almost 24 hours straight.

Also, UPS or FED EX is probably responsible for most of the shipping problems. You can imagine how many shipments they had that day to do, so I'd be flying around like a mad fuck too.

So to everyone who keeps posting the same redundant bullshit about the PS4 being broken, my replies will be short and simple....

"You're stupid."
    Last edited by iTruceFret ; 11-16-2013 at 05:26 PM.

14. The Following User Thanked iTruceFret For This Useful Post:

15. 11-16-2013, 05:24 PM
    xShadow
    Pr0n ftw
    xShadow
    Pr0n ftw
    NextGenUpdate
    Damage due to shipping isn't sonys fault. That's the difference.

I never said it was Sony's fault, however from what I heard the console doesn't have too much protection inside the box.