12-07-2013, 08:11 PM #1
Hickey
League Champion
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); my brother got his password reset today on psn.

he entered his dob etc and it told him to refer to email.

problem is he deactivated the email over a year ago and made a new one becuase of the spam he was getting

any way to reset the pass and get back on psn without need for email
12-07-2013, 08:17 PM #2
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
he can most of the time reopen the email if it was by hotmail or live as they keep the info for 2 years i beleave. but the best thing to do is call sony and they can change the email for you as long as the info ur bro gives is right
12-07-2013, 08:19 PM #3
Hickey
League Champion
Originally posted by skaterboy16 View Post
he can most of the time reopen the email if it was by hotmail or live as they keep the info for 2 years i beleave. but the best thing to do is call sony and they can change the email for you as long as the info ur bro gives is right

it was gmail
12-07-2013, 08:23 PM #4
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Hickey View Post
it was gmail

i dont know if gmail keeps the account for 2 years but if he knows his password he can try to turn it back on but u might as well call sony and have them change it.
12-07-2013, 08:27 PM #5
Hickey
League Champion
Originally posted by skaterboy16 View Post
i dont know if gmail keeps the account for 2 years but if he knows his password he can try to turn it back on but u might as well call sony and have them change it.

may just have to be sony as there shut in uk now and probably wont be open untill monday
12-07-2013, 09:09 PM #6
KnightUK
Bounty hunter
Had the same problem, gmail are annoying like that.

You need to ring Sony or email [email][email protected][/email]
You'll need to provide all account info and attach a picture of some photo ID though
12-08-2013, 09:18 AM #7
Hickey
League Champion
Originally posted by Shoes.
Wait a sec, so you're saying he changed his account's email to a new email back some time ago, but when he goes there to enter his DOB, hes gonna receive the password reset link on the new email not the old one.
Or do you mean he hasnt updated his account info, and the account still has the old email? lol

Yh account still has old email that he deactivated, most people I know don't have a real email for psn no idea how they got there password reset then
12-08-2013, 09:56 AM #8
xLew--
Former Staff
my brother got his password reset today on psn.

problem is he deactivated the email over a year ago and made a new one becuase of the spam he was getting

phone sony and confirm the details, and hopefully he put legit details in as he'll need to send a picture of photographic id to prove it and then they will assign it a new email/password.

The following user thanked xLew-- for this useful post:

12-08-2013, 01:29 PM #9
Royalties
Legit As F*ck
My brother has the same problem last night. Called them and had it fixed within 10 minutes.
12-08-2013, 02:24 PM #10
Default Avatar
Kas
my brother got his password reset today on psn.

yea just call sony they will sort it out for you

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo