Post: Here’s How You Can potentially Improve the Speed of Your Connection
05-14-2014, 10:52 AM #1
xLew--
Former Staff
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Due to their plug and play nature people often don’t bother setting up their internet connection properly on consoles, and this often results in lower performance compared to what they could achieve. Today Reddit user RemoteSenses posted a You must login or register to view this content. on how to set your nameservers on PS4, which depending on your location could lead to a sensible improvement in the quality of your tethering to the world wide web.

First of all download Google’s You must login or register to view this content. (windows download link You must login or register to view this content.) on any PC and run it (try not to have any other download going on as you do, as it could throw the results off). It will benchmark all the available nameservers and find the ones that are fastest for you.

You must login or register to view this content.
The above image is a example.

Once you’re done testing, write down the two fastest nameservers (marked Primary and Secondary on the top right of the web page that will be opened automatically, as you can see above) and open the settings menu of your PS4, then follow the steps below:

1. Go to “Network”
  2. Go to “Set up Internet Connection”
  3. Select “Use Wi-Fi” or “Use a LAN Cable” depending on whether you’re connected on wireless or via ethernet cable.
  4. Select “Custom”
  5. Select “Automatic”
  6. Select “Awesome faceo Not Specify”
  7. Select “Manual”
  8. Insert the two numbers you got before as your “Primary DNS” and “Secondary DNS” (don’t use those in the picture above, as they’re specific for me and showcased just as an example)
  9. Select “Automatic”
  10. Select “Awesome faceo Not Use”

Also Works on xbox too.

Last edited by Alt ; 08-28-2014 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Updated broken image

The following 47 users say thank you to xLew-- for this useful post:

RAB, ATypicalSe7en, BASEBALL4EVER12, bejekas, Black_ice, Blackhawk_Dan, castalia80, Cien, CITYCOMET, CpT_iDont_Camp, Cryptic, DJR_Supreme, DMaRUAE, DonGiuliiano, EMINEM__x3, GRENDEL 51, hatecorp, i--DanieL_, iNDMx, Invalld, Isaac Clarke, Ismaeel74, iTruceFret, Jaqen H'ghar, JiinxMax, jkwxyz96, Joel, KareraHekku, killerboc, KimJongIl, Deleted-User0000000012210, legitimatemodZ, mczero_, nabeel12, ResistTheSteam, seb5594, simmy3601, sleekshow, SMarT, SU44K8, Superman., THE_JABZ, TheGreatestSyn, WhyUMadKid, whyyoumad, xShadow, zNxRo

The following user groaned xLew-- for this awful post:

Alexis Rhodes
05-15-2014, 09:08 AM #11
xLew--
Former Staff
juse done a a few before's and after's my averages

before:

down - 5.3Mbps
up - 545kbps

after:

down - 6.6Mbps
up - 640kbps
05-15-2014, 10:33 AM #12
whyyoumad
Bounty hunter
Originally posted by xLew
really? nice!

yep thanks.
05-15-2014, 10:41 AM #13
DirtyBirD
Jerry Love
You really can tell the slightest difference in speed. Thanks again Lew!!
05-15-2014, 10:46 AM #14
Alt
Banned
For some reason, it made me go all the way down to 6mbps Them feels
05-15-2014, 01:37 PM #15
Does it work on PS3 too?
05-15-2014, 01:46 PM #16
skaterboy16
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by TheyCallMeFox View Post
Does it work on PS3 too?

yes as the ps3 has the same option to edit your settings

The following user thanked skaterboy16 for this useful post:

TheyCallMeFox
05-15-2014, 01:47 PM #17
Originally posted by skaterboy16 View Post
yes as the ps3 has the same option to edit your settings

Thanks! I will be trying this.
05-15-2014, 03:43 PM #18
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by TheyCallMeFox View Post
Does it work on PS3 too?

Should work for anything with a connection setup I guess
05-15-2014, 03:51 PM #19
RAB
Splicer
Originally posted by xLew
Due to their plug and play nature people often don’t bother setting up their internet connection properly on consoles, and this often results in lower performance compared to what they could achieve. Today Reddit user RemoteSenses posted a You must login or register to view this content. on how to set your nameservers on PS4, which depending on your location could lead to a sensible improvement in the quality of your tethering to the world wide web.

First of all download Google’s You must login or register to view this content. (windows download link You must login or register to view this content.) on any PC and run it (try not to have any other download going on as you do, as it could throw the results off). It will benchmark all the available nameservers and find the ones that are fastest for you.

The above image is a example.

Once you’re done testing, write down the two fastest nameservers (marked Primary and Secondary on the top right of the web page that will be opened automatically, as you can see above) and open the settings menu of your PS4, then follow the steps below:

1. Go to “Network”
  2. Go to “Set up Internet Connection”
  3. Select “Use Wi-Fi” or “Use a LAN Cable” depending on whether you’re connected on wireless or via ethernet cable.
  4. Select “Custom”
  5. Select “Automatic”
  6. Select “Do Not Specify”
  7. Select “Manual”
  8. Insert the two numbers you got before as your “Primary DNS” and “Secondary DNS” (don’t use those in the picture above, as they’re specific for me and showcased just as an example)
  9. Select “Automatic”
  10. Select “Do Not Use”

Also Works on xbox too.

Thanks i'll be trying this on my xbox one since i've been getting a little lag on titanfall some days. Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo