Post: Yoshida Explains Why PS4′s Suspend/Resume Isn't Implemented yet
06-13-2014, 06:31 PM #1
jackaree
Bounty hunter
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); One of the promised features of the PS4 which is still missing is the ability to instantly suspend and resume games while putting the console in stand-by mode. Today Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida explained why as part of an interview on AV Watch, and promised that the feature is still being developed in earnest.
The development team that handles the system software is the most disappointed by the fact that it hasn’t been implemented yet. And so, we keep developing it doing our best. It’s a fact that we haven’t yet done what we hoped to achieve, but continue to develop whilst thinking “We can do this”. Even if we’re not yet able to announce when it’ll be released.

We have a list of the features in development and the priorities we aim to achieve with each step of the development process, and so we will continue to gradually offer software updates as soon as we can. We want people to continue to think “This is interesting.” For example we wanted to improve to the share feature, and then there are other features that people are demanding, such as enabling the sharing of media (DLNA) and the use of MP3.

[...]

The developers of the system software are always taking feedback in consideration as we decide what features should be implemented in the PS4.

While it’s always hard to swallow that a promised feature of a console hasn’t been implemented several months after its release, we have to consider that hardware development is always a very fluid endeavor. What seems possible a year before a console’s launch, may very well encounter problems later in development. Hopefully we’ll be able to enjoy the suspend/resume feature on PS4 soon enough.
[Translation: Jack griffiths]
Source: AV Watch
06-14-2014, 04:36 AM #2
where is the feature where i can control my friends game from my ps4 without the game??!!
06-15-2014, 06:19 AM #3
_Nightwing
Gym leader
Originally posted by Spanners View Post
where is the feature where i can control my friends game from my ps4 without the game??!!

Agreed. I remember that feature was also promised and one of my most anticipated.
06-15-2014, 07:59 AM #4
Nick
Who’s Jim Erased?

OH, Fuck I remember that now! haha I used to talk shit to my friends about me doing that to them xD
06-15-2014, 08:01 AM #5
Originally posted by Nick View Post
OH, Fuck I remember that now! haha I used to talk shit to my friends about me doing that to them xD

:( Ikr same here
06-15-2014, 08:32 AM #6
Nick
Who’s Jim Erased?
:( Ikr same here

I would say when LBP3 drops i'mma fuck you over super hard lol and my niggas would be like BS fuck sony if it happens xD
06-19-2014, 06:05 PM #7
Isaac Clarke
< ^ > < ^ >

i forgot all about this feature...
06-20-2014, 11:14 AM #8
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
So why talk about something that not ready?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo