Post: If your having trouble cutting your ps4 on after update
11-05-2014, 03:19 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); How to fix this eternal pulsing orange light (according to some people & personal experience):
First, turn off PS4 by holding the power button for about 5-7 seconds until you hear a beep.
Once the light is completely off on the machine, we need to go to safe mode by Pressing and holding the power button. You will hear the initial beep and you have to release on the 2nd beep after around 7 seconds
Once in safe mode, go and update the software again (Option #3 from the top). It will reinstall 2.0 software and your rest mode will be fixed.
Note that if your PS4 has a steady orange light (not blinking) when put on Rest Mode, you are not having any issue. This issue is only for constant blinking orange light.

Oppositus --
This worked for me:
Before re-installing, please try this trick.
I had this problem, but seem to have solved it more simply. When it was stuck not coming back from Rest mode (yellow flashing light) I switched to the Anywhere Net+ source for the PS4 on the TV and it actually showed me the PS4 screen so I could see what was happening. This system was stuck on a PSN registering screen. I couldn't get it to fix (had to reset again) but it gave me an idea.
Next time I booted, I checked all my PSN settings, and it said that I had to re validate my email address. Pressed the button under the PSN settings on the PS4 to send the validation email, validated the email that it sent me, pressed the done button on the PS4, and the issue has vanished. Working a treat now.
Definitely, worth checking your PSN setting for any (please fill out) sections before re installing. May save you lots of time.
11-05-2014, 03:57 PM #2
Alt
Banned
Originally posted by Cadencemarley View Post
How to fix this eternal pulsing orange light (according to some people & personal experience):
First, turn off PS4 by holding the power button for about 5-7 seconds until you hear a beep.
Once the light is completely off on the machine, we need to go to safe mode by Pressing and holding the power button. You will hear the initial beep and you have to release on the 2nd beep after around 7 seconds
Once in safe mode, go and update the software again (Option #3 from the top). It will reinstall 2.0 software and your rest mode will be fixed.
Note that if your PS4 has a steady orange light (not blinking) when put on Rest Mode, you are not having any issue. This issue is only for constant blinking orange light.

Oppositus --
This worked for me:
Before re-installing, please try this trick.
I had this problem, but seem to have solved it more simply. When it was stuck not coming back from Rest mode (yellow flashing light) I switched to the Anywhere Net+ source for the PS4 on the TV and it actually showed me the PS4 screen so I could see what was happening. This system was stuck on a PSN registering screen. I couldn't get it to fix (had to reset again) but it gave me an idea.
Next time I booted, I checked all my PSN settings, and it said that I had to re validate my email address. Pressed the button under the PSN settings on the PS4 to send the validation email, validated the email that it sent me, pressed the done button on the PS4, and the issue has vanished. Working a treat now.
Definitely, worth checking your PSN setting for any (please fill out) sections before re installing. May save you lots of time.

1 - wrong section.
2 - 2.01 has been released and it fixes this issue.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo