THREAD: Shawn Layden Hints Out PS4 Gamertag Name Change Coming Soon in 2018!
  1. 12-12-2017, 09:25 AM
    Hydrogen's Avatar
    Hydrogen
    Super Mod
    Hydrogen's Avatar
    Hydrogen
    Super Mod
    5,373
    Posts
    91,890
    Reputation
    Aug 2015
    NextGenUpdate
    What everyone has been waiting for has always been being worked on. This is a HUGE project, but it is happening.

    Last edited by Hydrogen ; 12-12-2017 at 11:29 PM.

  2. 12-12-2017, 10:00 AM
    xNIGHTMAREM0DZx's Avatar
    xNIGHTMAREM0DZx
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    xNIGHTMAREM0DZx's Avatar
    xNIGHTMAREM0DZx
    NextGenUpdate Elite
    2,092
    Posts
    5,045
    Reputation
    Jan 2013
    NextGenUpdate
    only thing about changing usernames that really puts me off doing so is the fact you may lose your friends list an to me thats a big no no
  3. 12-12-2017, 06:43 PM
    John's Avatar
    John
    skid
    John's Avatar
    John
    skid
    1,822
    Posts
    65,794
    Reputation
    Dec 2012
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by xNIGHTMAREM0DZx View Post
    only thing about changing usernames that really puts me off doing so is the fact you may lose your friends list an to me thats a big no no


    what makes you think you lose your friends?
  4. 12-12-2017, 09:38 PM
    Tustin's Avatar
    Tustin
    Balls of Steel
    Tustin's Avatar
    Tustin
    Balls of Steel
    5,462
    Posts
    310,526
    Reputation
    May 2008
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by John View Post
    what makes you think you lose your friends?

    I think Sony at one point stated that changing names would be impossible without major infrastructure changes. That makes me think they used the onlineId as the primary key for users and maybe used that as the foreign key for the friends list and other shit. Although I'm sure if they're planning on making this feature available they would've already solved the problem.
  5. 12-13-2017, 01:13 AM
    John's Avatar
    John
    skid
    John's Avatar
    John
    skid
    1,822
    Posts
    65,794
    Reputation
    Dec 2012
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Tustin View Post
    I think Sony at one point stated that changing names would be impossible without major infrastructure changes. That makes me think they used the onlineId as the primary key for users and maybe used that as the foreign key for the friends list and other shit. Although I'm sure if they're planning on making this feature available they would've already solved the problem.


    Yeah, no doubt each user has some sort of ID, I only see games and the like having to make some changes, but no doubt Sony would overlook something as big as the whole "friends" concept
  6. 12-14-2017, 01:13 AM
    Right's Avatar
    Right
    Can’t trickshot me!
    Right's Avatar
    Right
    Can’t trickshot me!
    361
    Posts
    1,287
    Reputation
    Sep 2015
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by John View Post
    Yeah, no doubt each user has some sort of ID, I only see games and the like having to make some changes, but no doubt Sony would overlook something as big as the whole "friends" concept


    pretty sure if you changed your online id it would fuck with all your saves as your name is linked to them
  7. 12-14-2017, 05:13 PM
    17
    Posts
    10
    Reputation
    Apr 2017
    NextGenUpdate
    it won't fuck with anything if they have been working on it since 2014 an plus its not the Gamertag its the email that is mainly connected to it because with out the email you have no name under it like when you wanna transfer your data to a friends console you sign in with your email not your gamer tag
  8. 12-14-2017, 07:04 PM
    John's Avatar
    John
    skid
    John's Avatar
    John
    skid
    1,822
    Posts
    65,794
    Reputation
    Dec 2012
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by Right View Post
    pretty sure if you changed your online id it would fuck with all your saves as your name is linked to them


    Sure this can be fixed with a software update to use new save formats then
  9. 12-15-2017, 01:38 AM
    Right's Avatar
    Right
    Can’t trickshot me!
    Right's Avatar
    Right
    Can’t trickshot me!
    361
    Posts
    1,287
    Reputation
    Sep 2015
    NextGenUpdate
    Originally Posted by John View Post
    Sure this can be fixed with a software update to use new save formats then


    Yeah but the current saves that are already made would be useless
  10. 12-22-2017, 04:28 AM
    65
    Posts
    1,124
    Reputation
    Jul 2011
    NextGenUpdate
    I'm so stoked.