Post: The new Silent Hill is designed to 'make you shit your pants,' Kojima says
08-14-2014, 05:29 PM #1
vRoyale
Are you high?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima suggests that people who play Silent Hills bring a change of pants, because the game is being designed to be so scary that you may lose control of at least one bodily function. Wait what? Yes, your read that correct!

You must login or register to view this content.

Silent Hill is a horror game that Kojima is working on together with horror movie director Guillermo del Toro. This game is going for an extreme scare-factor. "Originally, we were thinking of making a game that would make you pee your pants," Kojima said at Gamescom today. But after further discussions with del Toro, Kojima said, "we are aiming for a game that will make you shit your pants."

Kojima said that they are aware that if a game is too scary, players can be turned off. Unlike horror movies and scary amusement park rides, players won't simply close their eyes and wait for the scares to be over; they'll simply stop playing. "If you don't want to continue playing through the game, so be it. We don't care," he said. Kojima also joked that the limited edition for Silent Hills will come with a pair of pants.

A playable teaser named 'P.T.', with no additional information, was launched as a free demo this week for the new Silent Hills game on the Playstation Store. According to Kojima this 'Playable Teaser' was an experiment in making a game with Konami's own FOX Engine. But the graphics had to be pared down so people wouldn't know Kojima Productions made it, he said.

Kojima did expect the Silent Hills reveal to remain a mystery for a bit longer. "I personally expected this to take a week to be solved," he said. "I underestimated the players."

Are you looking forward to the game? Are you worried it’ll be too scary? Let me know in the comments below!

The following 3 users say thank you to vRoyale for this useful post:

Dan Dactyl, Gemi, Snoop
09-05-2014, 02:15 AM #2
Snoop
I’m too L33T
this game looks hell'a sick!
seen some gameplay Outie
09-11-2014, 05:41 PM #3
Dan Dactyl
One Among The Fence
Looks awesome! Thanks for the share Winky Winky
09-28-2014, 04:15 PM #4
Gemi
Little One
Gonna be dope.
I love kojimas games
10-06-2014, 05:56 PM #5
Snoop
I’m too L33T
but not for ps3? :'(
11-09-2014, 03:08 PM #6
That would be an awesome marketing campaign. To document people playing it and shitting themselves

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo