Post: Get Your Microsoft Points Back From M$. Plus keep the item!
08-01-2011, 07:11 AM #1
Bawszorz
MySpaceBarBroke.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Before I start this post off, I would like to say one thing, this should be the right section. Reason being, is because this is an exploit with Xbox 360 and Live. If you do not believe that this should go here, please feel free to contact a mod.

This is the post that I hope I can be recognized somewhat on these forums with. I feel as if I'm given so much help and great threads, and I haven't done ONE useful thing for the community. So here we go NGU! I'm giving back, so hopefully this will pay off my so called "Debt!"

Have you ever purchase an item on Xbox Live and wanted your points back? Well now you can, and while you get your points back, you will keep the item you purchased!

The things you will need are:
-A Phone
-Microsoft Points w/ the content you downloaded.
-A brain that has some common sense lying around.
-A great attitude
-Patience

-Be smart when you do this, have patience, and a great attitude, these people work all day and don't want to deal with rude, rushed, idiots. If they see that your trying and being nice, they'll finally just "cut to the chase" and refund your Microsoft Points. These workers, want to talk to someone who will enjoy having a conversation. I know this isn't a singles line, but they need someone to brighten up their day. Be that one person!

****OK LET'S GET STARTED****

Basically, you just have to purchase a game, add-on, movie, etc. Let's say you want to download the "Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack." Download it and either cancel the download after you purchase the content and call Microsoft immediately, or finish the download and then call Microsoft.

Second, grab the phone that you should've had as soon as I told you that you were going to need it. Dial this number, 1-800-469-9269 (US), 020 7365 9792 (UK) or 1-800-469-9269 (CA) this is Microsoft's customer support number. The automated voice machine should ask you some questions, ignore that and press 2, then say agent. Now this might get a little nerve-wrecking since they might start switching you around to different representatives. Stay calm and don't worry, everything will go as planned.

Now once the agent (representative) is on the line, just tell them:
"Oh well I'm in a bit of an issue, I bought this INSERT CONTENT YOU PURCHASED HERE and the weirdest thing ever happened, it gave me some error saying "A(n) Purchasing Error Has Occured." It took my Microsoft Points and didn't give me the game."
If they ask you for an error code, tell them it doesn't list one or just hang up and try a new agent if they don't believe you.

First Scenario: The agent (representative) will probably ask for you to get on your Xbox and go to your download history. You NEED to say "Yes". Then they will tell you to hit "A" and see if it will re-download. Wait a few seconds and tell them it's asking for you to purchase the game again.
Second Scenario: They will probably tell you to go to the Marketplace and go to the same place where you bought the content. Just wait a few seconds, again, and tell them it's asking you to purchase the content for the same amount of Microsoft points you used to purchase whatever you bought.

After this, they should ask you for your information, this is where you MUST give them your REAL credentials/info. If this is the case, they will probably tell you to do some troubleshooting. Just don't tell them you can download it, be difficult with the nicest attitude, and just tell them none of the tips are working.

Now just use your common sense like I told you.

Once this is all done and you hang up the phone, check your Microsoft Points and it should be there. Everything, points re-stocked, and content you purchased! That's pretty much everything you need to do. Thanks for reading and good luck!

If you need any help, ask any questions in the thread below! I'll try my hardest to respond to all of you!

NOTICE: THIS WILL WORK WITH ANY AMOUNT! JUST BE SMART!

If this helped you out, go ahead and rep me. Or just comment and show me that I satisfied AT LEAST one user on this forums.

-RestoredLife :rolleyes: *Tested 8/24/11*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example of the conversation I had today.

Lady: Hello, my name is Ashley. May I get the first and last name of the account holder, please?
Me: Kristian Mantilla
Lady: Ok thank you, Kristian. How can I help you today?
Me: Well I had such a disappointing issue two days ago, and I'm just now getting a hold of a Microsoft Representative, you of course. So this is what happened, I went to Best Buy and purchased a 2000 MSP card, so that I could buy the Call of Duty Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack. I went to the marketplace, browsed the store, and bought the map pack. I hit download and an error popped up saying, "A(n) download error has occured." I've been worried that I wouldn't have been able to get my points back or the download again, and I was really hoping you could somehow help me end this call with satisfaction.
Lady: Of course, this is a rare issue, so I'll try my hardest to help you out with this. Can you please give me your info so that I can check the download history.
Me: Sure, no problem!
Lady: What is the name of your Gamertag?
Me: Bawszorz
Lady: Can I please have the answer to the security question? Who is your favorite fictional character.
Me: *** *
Lady: Ok, hold on one second Kristian, let me look in your download history.
Me: Sure thing, take your time.
Lady: Well I see the map pack and I'm going to need you to go to, System setting, Account Management, and then download history.
Me: Ok, I'm here.
Lady: Now find the content you purchased and hit A over it so that it will re-download.
Me: Ok, it's telling me to buy the content.
Lady: Hmmm, ok well since it will probably do that with every method I have in my head, I'll just refund you the Microsoft Points.
Me: Oh thank you so much, Ashley! Your a life saver!
Lady: No problem, I'm here to help anytime! Anyways, please check to see if your points have been added.
Me: Yes, they have! Thanks a bunch, Ashley, you've fulfilled my favor.
Lady: Sure thing, Kristian. Have a nice day!
Me: You too, good bye.
Last edited by Bawszorz ; 08-25-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Grammar error lol. Adding things.

The following 35 users say thank you to Bawszorz for this useful post:

.DiGiTaLTwO., 3ptO, Ben, Carbon0x, cluckin bell, CRACKbomber, danny19901, Encopresis, FlutterShy, forcer911, Geigers, Genocide-, Ghost1990, HappyGilmore, ILuZzONz, ineedhelp, Jalisco123, lovebros, MagicalMonkey, MikeyCapp, Nas., ngilroy, NJN, O.P, PULS3, Pyrochemical, regilex, Rokiz, ShottinG STarzz, Stealthclown, Strikers, The Clipse, TheFrozenArrow, willyjofre, xPottsy
08-01-2011, 07:31 AM #2
DelMc
Save Point
Seen this on a site before and it DOES Work Claps
08-01-2011, 07:51 AM #3
Bawszorz
MySpaceBarBroke.
Originally posted by DelMc View Post
Seen this on a site before and it DOES Work Claps

That's great. Thought about this for like a week and didn't try it till yesterday. Decided I'd post it on here and see if I could get a decent amount of thanks. Haha.

The following user thanked Bawszorz for this useful post:

Nas.
08-01-2011, 10:43 AM #4
Sean - LFC
Gym leader
OMG it works me and my friend tried this =D nice thread
08-01-2011, 02:41 PM #5
Bawszorz
MySpaceBarBroke.
Originally posted by S34N
OMG it works me and my friend tried this =D nice thread

Thanks! Upside Down Happy Glad I helped!

The following user thanked Bawszorz for this useful post:

forcer911
08-01-2011, 02:58 PM #6
Classy.
<3 BOXXY <3
Just an idea. But do u think this could also work with PS3?

EDIT: ill test it later today.

Originally posted by RestoredLife View Post
Before I start this post off, I would like to say one thing, this should be the right section. Reason being, is because this is an exploit with Xbox 360 and Live. If you do not believe that this should go here, please feel free to contact a mod.

This is the post that I hope I can be recognized somewhat on these forums with. I feel as if I'm given so much help and great threads, and I haven't done ONE useful thing for the community. So here we go NGU! I'm giving back, so hopefully this will pay off my so called "Debt!"

Have you ever purchase an item on Xbox Live and want your points back? Well now you can, and while you get your points back, you will keep the item you purchased!

The things you will need are:
-A Phone
-Microsoft Points w/ the content you downloaded.
-A brain that has some common sense lying around.
-A great attitude
-Patience

-Be smart when you do this, have patience, and a great attitude, these people work all day and don't want to deal with rude, rushed, idiots. If they see that your trying and being nice, they'll finally just "cut to the chase" and refund your Microsoft Points. These workers, want to talk to someone who will enjoy having a conversation. I know this isn't a singles line, but they need someone to brighten up their day. Be that one person!

****OK LET'S GET STARTED****

Basically, you just have to purchase a game, add-on, movie, etc. Let's say you want to download the "Black Ops: Annihilation Map Pack." Download it and either cancel the download after you purchase the content and call Microsoft immediately, or finish the download and then call Microsoft.

Second, grab the phone that you should've had as soon as I told you that you were going to need it. Dial this number, 1-800-469-9269, this is Microsoft's customer support number. The automated voice machine should ask you some questions, ignore that and press 2, then say agent. Now this might get a little nerve-wrecking since they might start switching you around to different representatives. Stay calm and don't worry, everything will go as planned.

Now once the agent (representative) on the line, just tell them:
"Oh well I'm in a bit of an issue, I bought this INSERT CONTENT YOU PURCHASED HERE and the weirdest thing ever happened, it gave me some error saying "A(n) Purchasing Error Has Occured." It took my Microsoft Points and didn't give me the game."
If they ask you for an error code, tell them it doesn't list one or just hang up and try a new agent if they don't believe you.

First Scenario: The agent (representative) will probably ask for you to get on your Xbox and go to your download history. You NEED to say "Yes". Then they will tell you to hit "A" and see if it will re-download. Wait a few seconds and tell them it's asking for you to purchase the game again.
Second Scenario: They will probably tell you to go to the Marketplace and go to the same place where you bought the content. Just wait a few seconds, again, and tell them it's asking you to purchase the content for the same amount of Microsoft points you used to purchase whatever you bought.

After this, they should ask you for your information, this is where you MUST give them your REAL credentials/info. If this is the case, they will probably tell you to do some troubleshooting. Just don't tell them you can download it, be difficult with the nicest attitude, and just tell them none of the tips are working.

Now just use your common sense like I told you.

Once this is all done and you hang up the phone, check your Microsoft Points and it should be there. Everything, points re-stocked, and contentyou purchased! That's pretty much everything you need to do. Thanks for reading and good luck!

If you need any help, ask any questions in the thread below! I'll try my hardest to respond to all of you!

NOTICE: THIS WILL WORK WITH ANY AMOUNT! JUST BE SMART!

If this helped you out, go ahead and rep me. Or just comment and show me that I satisfied AT LEAST one user on this forums.

-RestoredLife :rolleyes: *Tested 7/31/11*
08-01-2011, 03:18 PM #7
Bawszorz
MySpaceBarBroke.
Originally posted by Zuey View Post
Just an idea. But do u think this could also work with PS3?

EDIT: ill test it later today.

I'm 105% sure it WILL work. They're just two different companies, same strategy. Try it out and just post again if it works. Good luck!
08-03-2011, 08:25 AM #8
It Works!!!! hes Genius.
08-03-2011, 08:30 AM #9
this kicks ass
08-03-2011, 09:27 AM #10
ShottinG STarzz
Who’s Jim Erased?
would you even need M/P to start with ?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo