07-27-2013, 05:40 PM #1
Groovy
Team Xbox
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.
How To Avoid Bans When...
Data Transfer Modding

What Do I Mean Data Transfer Modding?
This is what I call anything that can be modded using a USB storage device or a Data Transfer Cable. This could include anything such as GPD modding or profile editing.

Profile Editing In General
I would personally advise you NOT to mod your profile. This is because from my experience, before owning a Jtag, 90% of profile mods will result in a ban - its not a matter of if you will get banned, its when you will get banned.

As you can see from the picture, avatar modding is fairly obvious. The picture above is my old Gametag's avatar, the reason I say old is because the account got banned until 31/12/9999 for avatar modding.

If you are going to mod your avatar try to not do anything as obvious as I did.

Do NOT:

- Change skin colour to anything irregular (The Simpsons aren't real).
- Add items to your avatar which relate to something unlockable which you do not have unlocked.
- Add anything to your account which you have not purchased.

Doing anything listed above will more than likely get you banned. If you do decide to do something from the above list space it out over a couple of weeks minimum so that you do not stand out as much.

GamerScore Modding

As you can see from the picture above, Gamerscore modding will most likely NOT result in a ban. You will probably just be labeled as a "Cheater" in your gamer-zone and have your Gamerscore reset to 0. Although your account may be labeled as a cheater, only you can see that zone unless someone is looking at your profile using the Xbox 360 website.

Do NOT:

- Add every single game to your account (Fairly obvious, but some people do it).
- Add 300,000 Gamerscore to your account within the space of 5mins.
- Add games that have yet to be released (unless you actually have a legit copy of the game!).

This may be obvious to some, but leave some time in between unlocking achievements. Although you may set your achievements to have been unlocked offline, it still looks very suspicious if you are unlocking ~5,000 Gamerscore every time your profile connects to Xbox Live. Also leave longer intervals between adding new games to your profile, the chance of someone buying between 5-100 games in one day and putting them in to add the GPD and then removing then is very very unlikely. People buy games to spend time enjoying the gameplay.

Profile Data Editing (Zone / Crowns)
Changing your zone is safe in my opinion as you can't change it to anything that is not already available to you. On the other hand changing your crown (Xbox LIVE Gold Subscription Years) is fairly obvious to Xbox. They can easily see how long you have had Xbox LIVE Gold for, they can also see when your account was created so having a "10" on an account you made 2 years ago is fairly obvious.

In my opinion they are not worth changing for the risk of a ban.

Do NOT:

- Put a year on your profile that would not match up with your profile creation date.
- Attempt to change your zone from cheater (does not work).
- Change your reputation, if your rep is bad enough for you to want to change it then the chances are you have already been flagged so you will be making it obvious that you mod.

Online GPD Editing

As you might know, you have been able to mod newer games over the past couple of years without a Jtag using GPD mods. This is never a good idea if you intent to play the game legitimately. If you are going to use any GPD mods make sure you are using them offline or on a older game such as Call of Duty's <6, this is because they will most likely not care or be monitored.

Do NOT: (Especially on newer games)

- Mod anything that could effect the online leaderboards.
- Mod your online rank / prestige / stats / unlocks.
- Leave in-game recording on! (Hide yourself from CCTV Happy)
- Invite anyone you don't know, they might not view the mods the same way that you do.

What could happen for GPD mods? You will most likely get banned or reset on that specific game. On games such as Fifa 13 editing you virtual pro would result in a ban across the EA network of games so be careful.

Everything in this thread has been wrote from my past experiences / knowledge.
If you feel something needs to be added let me know and I'll give credit where due.

Last edited by Groovy ; 07-27-2013 at 10:25 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to Groovy for this useful post:

Dotz_Full, xXx2o1o
07-27-2013, 10:06 PM #2
CEO
Climbing up the ladder
Way to go Groovy-! Nice work!:y:
08-04-2013, 10:37 PM #3
Nice good info for people
09-02-2013, 06:31 PM #4
Groovy
Team Xbox
Originally posted by ModdingWarfare View Post
Nice good info for people

Shame this wasn't how to avoid bans on NGU. Enzo

The following 2 users say thank you to Groovy for this useful post:

One, Hola
01-03-2015, 12:37 PM #5
Why is MS such a stickler about profile modding? Get over yourself Ms you make billions of dollars
01-07-2015, 04:53 AM #6
You are able to mod the background of your dashboard without getting banned though

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo