05-15-2011, 12:30 AM #1
ic0de
Hurah!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); From venturebeat.com, if already posted please take down. What do you guys think about this?
Originally posted by another user
Call of Duty Modern Warfare games have immersed gamers in fictionalized yet seemingly realistic combat experiences that reference real world events. So it’s not surprising that the upcoming Modern Warfare 3 game refers to the Navy SEAL team that took out Osama bin Laden.

The reference could prove to be very controversial for the game, as it could mean that publisher Activision Blizzard will be on a tightrope. The reference could make the game get more attention on a worldwide scale and sell a lot more copies, or it could result in protests and boycotts if the matter isn’t handled properly. Those are high stakes for a game series where each new version sells more than $1 billion.

Kotaku, a game news site, reported that leaked information about the still-secret Modern Warfare 3 gamehttps://venturebeat.com/2011/05/14/report-says-modern-warfare-3-coming-nov-8/ (which is reportedly debuting on Nov. Cool Man (aka Tustin), refers to the Navy SEAL Team Six, which killed bin Laden in a raid on May 1. Kotaku said an audio file from the leaked materials said “Seal Team Six was sent in but they lost half their team on infil. We need to strike fast before the Russians can launch a counterattack.”

It isn’t likely, however, that the game will include a scene where players participate in an attack on bin Laden’s compound. That’s because it is pretty late to integrate such a major battle scene into the game and it hasn’t been Infinity Ward’s style to make its combat scenes too close to real-life events. Rather, the games recreate an immersive feeling of combat. The combat takes place in areas that resemble real-world places such as the Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan. But the scenarios often involve fictionalized characters and make-believe terrorists.

On the other hand, Infinity Ward hasn’t been afraid of making controversial scenes in its games, such as one in Modern Warfare 2 where the player takes part in a massacre of civilians at a Russian airport.
05-18-2011, 11:10 AM #20
smells like bullshit Happy
05-18-2011, 11:44 AM #21
Default Avatar
Sync
Originally posted by mman259 View Post
Yeah it seems pretty obvious, how could they know this would happen months ago when they wrote the story?

that's exactly what i am saying unless they re-write everything is the only way.
05-18-2011, 04:50 PM #22
Infamous.
Climbing up the ladder
if they put Osama in MW3 they may aswell just slap Al Quaedas tities around.
05-20-2011, 01:10 AM #23
ic0de
Hurah!
What don't you get?
Originally posted by 239 View Post
i dont get the title!
05-23-2011, 03:01 AM #24
i think your going to kill the real enemy from mw2(not shepard) the same way the seals took out bin laden(<-- my role model lol jk)
05-23-2011, 05:08 AM #25
ic0de
Hurah!
Well of course the enemy is makarov
Originally posted by zerokool94 View Post
i think your going to kill the real enemy from mw2(not shepard) the same way the seals took out bin laden(<-- my role model lol jk)
05-23-2011, 12:02 PM #26
xB-u-L-L-e-T-z
Do a barrel roll!
i dont see how a game can be that controversial.
After all its just a game.
If they dont like dont play it
05-23-2011, 12:44 PM #27
izyehboy
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by T View Post
They won't do this it's like taking a sh*t on alqaedas face..
They will attack USA . Why do you think they won't release the pictures

Cuz he aint dead.
05-23-2011, 09:25 PM #28
Originally posted by ic0de View Post
Well of course the enemy is makarov
thinks i couldnt remember his name

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo