11-22-2011, 11:46 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Revamped Xbox 360 dashboard to launch on December 6th, Microsoft confirms

You must login or register to view this content.

Earlier this month, Microsoft announced that its Xbox 360 dashboard would be getting an upgrade "in the coming days." Today, the company has clarified that statement, declaring that the revamped interface will launch on December 6th. As we've previously noted, the update promises to bring deeper Kinect integration (including sharper voice recognition capabilities), Facebook sharing mechanisms, and a cleaner interface. Redmond also says that the fall cleanup will introduce "a wealth of new content," including live TV, music and movies, available for streaming. For now, the dashboard is still in beta, though it certainly won't be long before the masses get their hands on it.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

The following 3 users say thank you to Stone for this useful post:

ILuZzONz, Stub Hero, TTS.
12-01-2011, 08:01 AM #11
gandaulf8
Little One
I Dont like it :/ Prefer teh old one
12-01-2011, 11:44 AM #12
I am kinda can't wait for it but the thing is theres most likely gonna be more bugs then what you think is wrong with it No , hopefully they should have a new menu where you can have this dashboard and the old dashboard :wtf:
12-01-2011, 01:56 PM #13
Joshua8195
Do a barrel roll!
looks great. cant wait. hey i think that rhymed. lol
12-01-2011, 04:52 PM #14
masonc
Haxor!
ps3 is better
12-02-2011, 04:09 AM #15
Assassin
Easter Egg!
i havn`t turned on my xbox in over a year.
12-02-2011, 04:59 AM #16
Pauly
Banned
I sold my xbox :fyea:
12-02-2011, 06:01 AM #17
-Xcuz-
Banned
Originally posted by fbx94x View Post

Revamped Xbox 360 dashboard to launch on December 6th, Microsoft confirms

You must login or register to view this content.

Earlier this month, Microsoft announced that its Xbox 360 dashboard would be getting an upgrade "in the coming days." Today, the company has clarified that statement, declaring that the revamped interface will launch on December 6th. As we've previously noted, the update promises to bring deeper Kinect integration (including sharper voice recognition capabilities), Facebook sharing mechanisms, and a cleaner interface. Redmond also says that the fall cleanup will introduce "a wealth of new content," including live TV, music and movies, available for streaming. For now, the dashboard is still in beta, though it certainly won't be long before the masses get their hands on it.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

3rd big dashboard change for the Xbox 360. The PS3 has had no major changes to their dashboard because they are confident in their design, unlike other companies...

The following user groaned -Xcuz- for this awful post:

Clutch Hunterr
12-02-2011, 09:17 AM #18
Originally posted by iXcuz View Post
3rd big dashboard change for the Xbox 360. The PS3 has had no major changes to their dashboard because they are confident in their design, unlike other companies...

Don't start a fanboy war.

And that (flawed) logic goes both ways, you could equally say that Sony are just too cheap and lazy to bother with updating the XMB. At least Microsoft add new features with each update. When was the last time the PS3 got a new feature? Even FW 4.00 is total crap.

For the record I think both consoles are even, but if you're gonna start immaturely claiming that one is better than the other(which just so happens to always be the one said immature person owns) then I'm gonna quote you on it.

/rant

The following user thanked Clutch Hunterr for this useful post:

ILuZzONz
12-02-2011, 12:52 PM #19
Originally posted by masonc View Post
ps3 is better

Thanks for having something useful to contribute.

On topic, I'm still unsure about this dashboard. I like the way it looks, but I'm afraid it'll take too much time to get used to. If they had an option to switch between dashboards, like it was mentioned above, that'd be sweet. Especially if they let you go WAY back to the first dashboard. I didn't have a 360 when that was out, so I never really got to see it.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo